Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleytse
MycoEngineering apprentice
 User Gallery

Loc: Yuggoth
Mycorrhiza
    #4484859 - 08/02/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Does anybody know an agar formula for Mycorrhiza?

I found some thing very interesting that I would like to share with you.

There is a scientific magazine named Mycorrhiza. Yes , you guessed right, it?s about Mycorrhiza

Mycorrhiza
Publisher: Springer-Verlag GmbH
ISSN: 0940-6360 (Paper) 1432-1890 (Online)

People who have a professional relation to research about biology may have access to it.
But you may also find it in libraries , especially scientific libraries.
It is available online for subscribers.

Here are some interesting articles having to do with amanita
(if you don?t have access the link wont work but you can read the abstract)

Effect of ectomycorrhizal fungi on survival and growth of micropropagated plants and seedlings of Castanea sativa mill.

Abstract:

Abstract Four ectomycorrhizal fungi (Amanita muscaria, Laccaria laccata, Piloderma croceum and Pisolithus tinctorius) were used to produce mycorrhiza on seedlings and micropropagated plants of Castanea sativa in vitro. Pisolithus tinctorius was most effective in colonizing roots of both micropropagated plants and seedlings. A. muscaria and L. laccata only colonized a few feeder roots of some plants and Piloderma croceum did not form mycorrhizas. Mycorrhization of micropropagated plants increased survival and growth during weaning.

Ectomycorrhizal fungi of Pinus pinaster

A study was undertaken to determine the ability to form ectomycorrhizae with Pinus pinaster Ait. in pure culture syntheses of 98 isolates of putative mycorrhizal fungi, mainly collected in northern Spain. A total of 35 species in 16 genera ? Amanita, Cenococcum, Collybia, Cortinarius, Hebeloma, Laccaria, Lactarius, Lyophyllum, Melanogaster, Paxillus, Pisolithus, Rhizopogon, Scleroderma, Suillus, Thelephora and Xerocomus? formed ectomycorrhizae. Many of these fungal species were not previously reported as symbiotic with Pinus pinaster. Results obtained increase the range of potential fungal candidates for inoculation of nursery seedlings.

Variation in nitrogen source utilisation by nine Amanita muscaria genotypes from Australian Pinus radiata plantations

Abstract:

The abilities of nine genotypes of Amanita muscaria (L.:Fr) Pers. to utilise a range of inorganic and organic nitrogen sources for growth was examined in axenic liquid cultures. Considerable intraspecific variation was observed in biomass yields on all substrates; however biomass yield was highest on glutamine and/or NH 4 + for all genotypes. Yields on aspartic acid, glutamic acid and histidine were generally low relative to NH 4 +, while utilisation of arginine and glycine showed marked variation between genotypes. Eight genotypes produced significantly less biomass on bovine serum albumin than on NH 4 +, raising questions regarding classification of A. muscaria as a 'protein fungus'.

Ectomycorrhizae formed in vitro by quaking aspen: including Inocybe lacera and Amanita pantherina

Abstract:

Ectomycorrhizae formed in synthesis tubes by aspen ( Populus tremuloides) seedlings and each of seven fungal isolates are described. Isolates of Amanita muscaria v. formosa, A. pantherina, Inocybe lacera, and Paxillus vernalis, from sporocarps collected in aspen stands in southwestern Montana, developed mantles and Hartig nets on aspen roots, as did the broad-host-range fungi Cenococcum geophilum and Pisolithus tinctorius from the VPI culture collection. Chalciporus piperatusfailed to form mycorrhizae, and Piloderma croceum formed a mantle, but no Hartig net. The first syntheses of I. lacera and A. pantherina with aspen are reported.

Ectomycorrhizal fungi of Pinus pinea L. in northeastern Spain

Abstract:

Abstract Although Pinus pinea L. is an important forest species in the Mediterranean region, few reports exist on its ectomycorrhizal associates. Sixty isolates, obtained from fungal sporocarps collected in mixed forests of P. pinea in Catalonia (northeastern Spain), were tested for ectomycorrhiza formation on containerized P. pinea seedlings when applied as mycelial inoculum produced in peat-vermiculite. A total of 17 isolates, in 8 genera (Amanita, Hebeloma, Laccaria, Lactarius, Pisolithus, Rhizopogon, Scleroderma and Suillus), formed ectomycorrhizas and the percentages of mycorrhizal short roots varied among isolates and species from 13% to 89%. Some of these fungi are cited for the first time in association with P. pinea. The results indicate further fungal candidates for controlled inoculation of P. pinea seedlings in the nursery.

Ectomycorrhizal, vesicular-arbuscular and dark septate fungal colonization of bishop pine (Pinus muricata) seedlings in the first 5 months of growth after wildfire

Abstract:

Abstract We followed the colonization frequency of ectomycorrhizal (EM), vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal (VAM), and dark septate (DS) fungi in 1- to 5-month-old bishop pine seedlings reestablishing after a wildfire. Seedlings were collected on a monthly basis at either a VAM-dominated chaparral scrub site or an EM-dominated forest site, both of which were burned. In both vegetation types, fully developed EM were observed from the third month after germination. EM fungi observed on the seedlings from the scrub site were limited to Rhizopogon subcaerulescens, R. ochraceorubens and Suillus pungens. Seedlings from the forest were colonized by a greater variety of EM fungi including Amanita spp., Russula brevipes and a member of the Cantharellaceae. VAM structures (vesicles, arbuscules or hyphal coils) were observed in the seedling root systems beginning 1 month after germination at the scrub site and 3 months after germination at the forest site. Seedlings from the scrub site consistently had more frequent VAM fungal colonization than those from the forest site through the fifth month after germination. DS fungi were observed in most seedlings from both the scrub and forest sites beginning in the first month post-germination. We propose that these fungi survived as a resident inoculum in the soils and did not disperse into the sites after the fire.

--------------------
For unrestricted use, the West has permitted alcohol and tobacco;
all other chemical Doors in the Wall are labeled Dope,
and their unauthorized takers are Fiends.

Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Mycorrhiza [Re: ytse]
    #4485457 - 08/02/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I am also planning experiments with mycorrhiza. I am going to start propagating Oak and Beech for chanterelles, Aspen for Leccinum, and Jack Pine for matsutake.

Have you heard of the edible mycorrhizal mushroom research group? http://www-mykopat.slu.se/Newwebsite/mycorrhiza/kantarellfiler/texter/home.htm
If you check out their thesis, you will find a long list of agar formulations they used to isolate chanterelle mycelium.

Their mediums are not simple. I've been hypothesizing with myself that the addition of rooting hormone may enhance in vitro sterile culture.

Edited by YidakiMan (08/02/05 01:21 PM)

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Mycorrhiza [Re: YidakiMan]
    #4487210 - 08/02/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A friend and i were kicking around an idea of making a tea out of the roots of host trees to see if we could get mycorrhizal varieties to fruit without their hosts...

another guy i met at a rainbow gathering told me he had been able to grow amanitas successfully in a terrarium by making a casing in the roots of a living bonsai tree... i took that tale with a grain of salt, but who knows, could be possible...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Offlineskaos
Psyplorer

Re: Mycorrhiza [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4489709 - 08/03/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have acces to this publication. Its from 1994 to today. PM me if you want specific article (in PDF).

skaos

Edited by skaos (08/03/05 12:25 PM)

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycorrhiza [Re: ytse]
    #4557027 - 08/19/05 10:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

PDYA or Malt Agar will work fine.

Offlinesexymoreno
Stranger

Re: Mycorrhiza [Re: falcon]
    #4576840 - 08/24/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

wut is mycorrhiza anyway?

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Mycorrhiza [Re: sexymoreno]
    #4577597 - 08/25/05 01:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The symbiotic association of the mycelium of a fungus with the roots of certain plants, such as conifers, beeches, or orchids.

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycorrhiza [Re: sexymoreno]
    #4581629 - 08/25/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinesexymoreno
Stranger

Re: Mycorrhiza [Re: falcon]
    #4624579 - 09/06/05 03:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

lol k i get it now
i was thinking of rhizomorphic
i thought i got the term wrong but it's ocmpletely different from each
other
lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds