Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebohemian_vandal
Stranger
spore problems
    #4482631 - 08/01/05 08:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey,
I recently requested a equadorian stain psilo. cubesis from a free spore print ring and received it without problem. I used part of it to produce two small spore syringes and used those to inoculate eight BRF cakes, but after several weeks the only sign of growth was that two of the cakes developed contams of the common green bread mold type. The rest of the cakes had no growth at all, good or bad. So I made another syringe and reinjected the six remaining cakes with more spores. but two weeks have passed and still there is no growth; either contams or mycelia. I think that the spores are not viable but this is the first time i've attempted to grow mushrooms. So i thought that i should post and see if anyone has any sugestions.
Thanks
Bohemian_vandal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore problems [Re: bohemian_vandal]
    #4482661 - 08/01/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Try using the spores with agar plates. Then you can isolate the growing mycelium from the contams and be sure of what you are inoculating with. You can try the Agar Substitute in my sig too.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinelucas86
mushroomenthusiast andcultivator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forests of Wisconsin
Re: spore problems [Re: FooMan]
    #4484925 - 08/02/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

be careful where u get your spores and keep everything very clean and dust free.

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself escapes the pain of being a man."

Hunter S. Thompson

Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

Re: spore problems [Re: lucas86]
    #4485023 - 08/02/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Are you keeping the jars in a dark area at 80-85 degrees?

Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

Re: spore problems [Re: ixitwistedixi]
    #4485044 - 08/02/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

BTW where do you get free spores at? Is it at the shroombay place? would they ship to USA?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore problems [Re: ixitwistedixi]
    #4485068 - 08/02/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Free spores are had from the Free Spore Rings. The FSR in Canada does ship to the USA (shroombay doesnt, and things must be purchased off there, its like ebay but for shroom stuff in the UK, not sure how thats still going with the new laws). Dont know the link for the FSR, but a search at google should give it to you.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
Re: spore problems [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4485131 - 08/02/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah! FSRC is good peeps! They sent me a print and my money order back (they only accept cash). I've heard people here saying you can't post a link cuz they're not a sponsor, but aren't they more of a charity anyway? Prints for $1!!! You can't beat that with a stick. Hell I got mine for freeeeeeeeeee! Though the sponsors here are very good sellers too, my Avatar is all products from the Sporeworks, except the jars of course.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore problems [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4485146 - 08/02/05 11:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I believe free spore rings are an exception, since they dont collect money, and the vendors themselves suppose the FSR's. I'm fairly sure a mod often posts a link too (Roadkill)...I dont think it would be a problem, but I've been wrong before.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
Re: spore problems [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4485963 - 08/02/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

what's up vandal... good to see ya.. again, not sure what the prob is but...
"if at fisrt you don't suceed, try, try again!"
d

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom