Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

scariest hunt ever + a question
    #4481216 - 08/01/05 02:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

today i drove down a dirt road because u can see a horse feild from the highway. it was nothing but horse and cow feilds. as u farther go down the road its more and more horse and cow feilds. im thinking theres got to be shrooms all over. i got out of my car (sisters car*) and i walk up to a fence and i jump over. then about 10 seconds later i hear a gun shot so i freeze. and it was like a loudspeaker or intercom or sumthin and it just said get off the feild and leave. now this is my first time going to a feild, and i was scared to begin with. my legs were shaking beyond controll. i got in my car and forgot how to drive i was so freaked out. i put it in nuetral and was like wtf. then i left and went home smoked some weed and laughed about it.

my question is how can i go at day without being seen? and how can i go at night and see the shrooms? if i use a flashlight i will surely be seen. and i can just feel around. maybe on a full moon or sumthin??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: ]
    #4481405 - 08/01/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Rain,Rain,Rain then a Full moon!

Find another pasture that you can get in and out of! I look for urban spots that border the fields.. This way you can park in a parking lot to fit in and walk to the fields... I have a sweet field with a new Compass bank next to it... I park in the lot.. Chill look around and slip over the fence and into the trees.. Its also being out in the open that will get you seen... Cubes here grow in the tree section better than in the open field so its easy to camo yourself in the trees and bushes.. I also wear Natural Colored clothing so I don't stand out! Remember no Neon Dead shirts!
Than again you can always ask a land owner! Like that will work with the gun and all.. It sounds like you need to be stealthy!

Yessup! :thumbup:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Offlineihaveacow
ilovehumidity

Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: YESSUP]
    #4481418 - 08/01/05 03:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i hope that didnt scare you away from the hobby.

well, just find a place to park and walk to the field, never ever ever ever ever ever ever park next to the fence, thats a dead give-away.

so be stealthy.

ive ran plenty, but not my first time.

good luck...

or go ghetto and get a boom stick and go postal on da farm-a

--------------------
im me on aim... bennettbike

i dont smoke, drink, or abuse drugs, but because i trip spiritually twice a year i got a felony!

Anonymous

Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: ihaveacow]
    #4482098 - 08/01/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

naw im gonna keep tryin always. never done shrooms before and i want to sooo bad. we just had an extreme downpour yesterday so i thought theyd be all over. im thinking of going to some horse feilds tonight. like at 12. so i will post what i find. thanks for the advice

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4482143 - 08/01/05 06:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i wouldn't go the same one haha. that's just askin for trouble. you got shot at, now you're gonna try to trespass on the same land? that farmer might shoot you in the leg if he sees you, thinking he didn't scare you enough the first time. i'm sure there are better places to go than that one farm.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineBigBallZMaN
Knowledge Quest

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4482288 - 08/01/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That sucks. There was a post about asking the owners about it a while back in this forum. I think asking the owner, or finding a field that is not directly connected to the owners house etc would be safe also. Alot of farmers own more than one parcel of land, meaning they might not all be connected. So there house may be half a mile down the road, or more even sometimes. If you dont have the balls, or the owner is not home, or says absolutely not, then find a field that fits the parameters that I have spoken of. Good luck, and I hope it didnt stray you away from the hobby.

--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: ihaveacow]
    #4482436 - 08/01/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Bad advice! Don't take it. I think this is a very serious issue, it's why farmers dislike us so much :mad2: You try to go ghetto on me in my field, Imma send you to the big ghetto in the sky! And what's worse is the reality, farmers don't want to kill anybody, Believe me, he would much rather fill your ass up with rock salt, that's probly worse than death. Why do you think he's out there with a gun and a bullhorn? He's probly tired of fixin day after day the things we fuck up that he worked hard to build up.
Look, we all need to be responsible for our own actions, go knock on his door and talk to him like a human being. If he doesn't want you out there, you need to respect that. It's not the only place in the world with mushrooms growing.
Think, you got to give respect to receive it, he would respect you alot more for atleast asking, then maybe he could have a chance to tell you things like "close this gate" or "don't go messin around over ther" ya know what I mean?

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4482543 - 08/01/05 07:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah be careful I wish I got shot at but instead the farmer called the cops on me and they took me to jail I don't think i will be going shroom huntin for a long time I wouldn't advise going in the day time at all

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

OfflineBigBallZMaN
Knowledge Quest

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: mskip23]
    #4482584 - 08/01/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah.... I completely support asking the farmers. Its respectful, and it doesnt make our community look like lowlifes, but of course, there will always be people to ruin that for us. Anyways, you know the drill. Ask nicely, if denied, leave nicely.

--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

Anonymous

Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: BigBallZMaN]
    #4483021 - 08/01/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i dont think he was shooting at me, u know just up in the air. but i know to go at night, or ask. ill say ive got a mushroom science project or sumthin. thanks

OfflineLysergicRide
Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lone Star State
    #4483098 - 08/01/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

mushroom scienec project? Somehow I think farmers are smarter than that. You don't think they know Psiloybe mushrooms grow in their fields?

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

"I can't tell if I'm coming up or down"

Anonymous

Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: LysergicRide]
    #4483754 - 08/02/05 12:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

haha well i guess it turns out farmers are smarter than me. what should i say, i look like a kid with shaggy long hair and theyd know i have means to ingest the mushrooms. i doubt theyll beleive im studing/researching them.

OfflinebizzaroSquirrel
residentsquirrel

Loc: Melbourne, Aust
    #4484186 - 08/02/05 02:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mizike said:then about 10 seconds later i hear a gun shot so i freeze.

haha, so steriotypically american  :grin:

--------------------
Hello Friends.
I am a perfectly normal human worm baby.
You have nothing, absolutely nothing to fear from me, just pay no attention to me and we will get along fine.

Anonymous

Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: bizzaroSquirrel]
    #4484939 - 08/02/05 10:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bizzaroSquirrel said:
Quote:

haha, so steriotypically american  :grin:

i never said i was american....

OfflinebizzaroSquirrel
residentsquirrel

Loc: Melbourne, Aust
    #4486156 - 08/02/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

^^ so you don't live in america?  :wink:
c'mon, guns and speakerphones?? only 2 things people would think of are police and americans  :tongue2:

--------------------
Hello Friends.
I am a perfectly normal human worm baby.
You have nothing, absolutely nothing to fear from me, just pay no attention to me and we will get along fine.

Anonymous

Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: bizzaroSquirrel]
    #4486239 - 08/02/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

aw u got me. south carolina were, rednecks are always ready to shoot someone. that would be a good line to attract tourism.

anyway-guess what! i went to a feild today and talked to the owner who was out clipping vines so i asked him if it was his feild and he was all like, 'yeah' but i didnt ask him if i could hunt for mushrooms but theres no house nearby and i saw his car so ill know if he's there or not. i just got another rainstorm today so im guessing tomorow or the day after to go looking for some nice cubies.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: YESSUP]
    #4486581 - 08/02/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

YESSUP said:
slip over the fence and into the trees.. Its also being out in the open that will get you seen... its easy to camo yourself in the trees and bushes.. I also wear Natural Colored clothing so I don't stand out!

when deer season rolls around it's definately a bad idea, I'm not a deer hunter
I buy my meat at the grocery store just like most others but I do anticipate
other people hunting on my land, same types that killed my livestock
remember, I could be waiting in those woods and I have better camo than you

please, for your safety and mine, always ask permission and wear bright
orange, we question it less when you stand out like a sore thumb

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4486658 - 08/02/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you should've just popped the question if you talked to him anyway....

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Anonymous

Re: scariest hunt ever + a question [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4486773 - 08/02/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i know but he was just a nice old man and when he asked why i was asking i just said i really like horses.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #4486824 - 08/02/05 07:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Mizike, surprise to me, where in SC are you? I would like to help anytime or way I can. I understand your apprehension, but talking to him and being up front is the best way. I just got finished replying in the other farmers post.
After you talk to a couple of people, you will feel more in touch with farmers, it will be easier, and what's most is when a farmer says "yeah, sure..." you will be out in the field and be so happy and relaxed. You actually won't be doing anything wrong.
The fences around here are just tore up, it's rediculous :rolleyes: If you do go out there without permission, please, respect the mans property, don't bust his fences, don't litter, and don't try to take anything that's not yours. If you do, you're just asking for trouble, if nothing else just making one more pissed off farmer.
PM me if you want.

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates