Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Dosed 1 gram
    #4473201 - 07/30/05 09:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ok well I will first say that about 2 months ago I tripped for the first time (level 4 trip). A real bad trip but I learned from it.

Heres the deal I finally decide that's its ok to try again. So I wanted to start of real slow, because honestly I think about the trip everyday and the horror I went through. My frame of mind was great, I was happy, I just got a raise at work, so I figured everything would be kosher. I ingested 1 gram at about 10.35, went outside and started to smoke a cigarette, two min. into the cig. I can actually feel something creeping in my head, a sense of panic was what was creeping. I started questioning why I did I ingest the mushrooms, just plain out freaking out and getting worried that it would take me back to a bad trip.

I endured this till about 10.42. where i promptly ran to the bathroom and purged the shrooms. And sat around fearing that I would still feel them, at about 12:30 my mind went back into my normal state of mind, not worried just relaxing.

I know there is nothing to fear from shrooms, except for a bad trip. And hell I know it will end because I have been there already. That still doesn't change the fact that I might know, but my conscious brain is not fully accepting accepting this. Plain and simple I am scared of the power of shrooms. This will in no way prevent me from trying again, I guess i have to just wait when "i Know" its right. Any opinions or similar experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepeeper
Even stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Dosed 1 gram [Re: prefloppro]
    #4473227 - 07/30/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have not had a bad experience with them but I have a cousin that does and I think it is because he wants to control it. Just let go. They call it a trip because it is one. let go and enjoy the ride. Do't worry about the feeling. Some people don't like the ride up but know it will soon "be all good".

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Dosed 1 gram [Re: peeper]
    #4473458 - 07/30/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Are you dosing alone? Maybe tripping with a couple good ol' boys would help you relax and keep your mind off past experiences. I know when im trippin with a few old friends, even on the somewhat uneasy comeup we always end up laughing and talking which helps cruise right through that uneasy feeling and into the euphoric crazyness which is a trip. You've gotta learn cope with the madness that you may experience.

I agree with peeper saying it can and probably will help if you learn to let it do what its going to do. Resisting, and fearing what might happen will most likely make it happen to some extent.

Definatly start off with low doses, thats what i've heard helps re-introduce you after a bad time.  Taking a long break will probably help with getting out of that bad-trip mentality.

Peace, and good luck. :smile:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Dosed 1 gram [Re: prefloppro]
    #4474623 - 07/30/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

prefloppro said:
Plain and simple I am scared of the power of shrooms. 

You know what man...I don't hear that enough.  :thumbup:

You SHOULD be wary of their power.  Too many people (including me) take their strength for granted, get their ass handed to them, and then, while they brokenly pick up the shattered remnants of their sanity, they wonder, "What happened?" 

Shrooms don't like to be taken lightly, that's what happens.  :grin:

The first trip after a traumatic trip can be VERY touch-and-go.  And of COURSE it is, why wouldn't it be?  You're sticking your toes back into the dark water after being mauled by a shark for Christ's Sake, a little extra anxiety is warrented. 

It all comes down to trust.  After a scary trip, you have to build up the trust between you and the mushroom again.  It can be incredibly helpful to do a low dose to ease the integraton process.  That way you face your fear.  But damn, it can be very scary just dosing again. 

prefloppro, you are on the right track!  Perhaps to get out of the "scary trip" mentality you should mix up your setting a bit, go to a park on a warm summer's day, or hang out with friends, like the above poster recommended.  There's nothing like taking a small dose and exploring a park with a few buddies.  Just go with the flow, that's the key. 

Step by step...  :heart:

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: Dosed 1 gram [Re: MOTH]
    #4476241 - 07/31/05 02:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you for the help. The first time (bad trip) I was with friends, so I thought dosing alone would be good. I will take your advice and just go hang out at a park with a couple friends, and take a low dose. One of you say to just let go. I consciously want to let go, but subconsciously it tells me to hold back. I am working on it. I think I just need to trip with someone who has seen the good and the bad sides of trips. All of my friends have always had good trips so they dont understand what it is like (Most of them have only tripped up to 4 times). If I had a good sitter I know I would be fine. I am working on that also. lol. I guess I have allot of working to do. Thanks again for all of your help.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom