Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Bigger flushes from grain (wbs) fruit or PF-cake fruit?
    #4454797 - 07/26/05 08:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm trying to get an idea of the difference between fruiting from wbs and from pf cakes, because I'm not ready to attempt a casing yet.
What will I see a bigger flush from, and how much bigger will it be? (respond to part 2 below)
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (07/26/05 08:53 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Edited by Newbie (07/26/05 08:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Bigger flushes from grain (wbs) fruit or PF-cake fruit? [Re: Newbie]
    #4454808 - 07/26/05 08:59 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it all comes down to nutes available to the shrooms as they grow. wbs will probide more than brf cakes. substrate depth will also be a major factor in how big of a flush/shroom you will get. this with all the other major environmental factors:rh, temp, lighting, moisture content/nutes available from the substrate will affect flush and fruit size.
good luck
peace

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Bigger flushes from grain (wbs) fruit or PF-cake fruit? [Re: backupwards]
    #4454871 - 07/26/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I will be using pint jars for the substrate, I'll probably knock up 4 grains and 2 pf's.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4454886 - 07/26/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

As said, substrate depth will be far more important, as well as genetics. I wouldnt bother with cakes ever if I had a PC (I never did do a cake by the way, went straight to casing grains my first grow). Go for the whole grains!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4454887 - 07/26/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

they'll do ya fine. if you want even better results spawn those wbs to h poo and ya will never want to do pf cakes again.
good luck to ya
peace

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Bigger flushes from grain (wbs) fruit or PF-cake fruit? [Re: backupwards]
    #4454910 - 07/26/05 09:42 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

For now I'm going to use cakes because I want to learn more about how, why, when, they grow. From there I think I'll have a better understanding and a decent shot at casing. Who knows, if I get bold I may prepare a casing once the grains have started colonizing.

OfflineMych
Stranger

#4455330 - 07/26/05 11:55 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NewbieShroomie said:
For now I'm going to use cakes because I want to learn more about how, why, when, they grow. From there I think I'll have a better understanding and a decent shot at casing. Who knows, if I get bold I may prepare a casing once the grains have started colonizing.

i have been fruiting WBS "cakes" (just fully colonized WBS) with no issue at all. they are FAR superior to BRF cakes in terms of fruiting. you just need to be a little more gentle with them. If stuff starts crumbling off via handling/dunking just collect all of that stuff and lay it down on some foil with a light layer of verm between the grain and foil.. then cover the top with some verm too:

performs great!! i have had issues with casings contaminating but have had ZERO contam issues going this route. i now have some very large beds going:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds