Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFungus_Farming
Botanist

Loc: Next Door
SLOW PIN WTF...xpert opinions...Help!
    #4454000 - 07/26/05 02:09 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ok i am doin bulk w/ 100% wheat straw..i pasturized for few hours/added subrate let colonize to 100% then cased(50/50) and waited like week and xposeed to lite...the 1st flush was freakin horrible...i am usin bout 1 and half cubic foot of straw per container. i didnt flush over 1oz dry on any. the shrooms wehre really big to. like 3rd flush w/ non bulk casings from 1st grow. now workin on 2nd flush and ther is tons of pins but they growin slow as shit. like 2-5milimeters tall. and i seen the pins bout 5days ago.....here are things i have tried...lowerin temp(thought it was to hi)/mistin(thought mite b dry)..i got lite set 12/12 which did the 1st time grow just fine. tub has no air xchange but i open and fan 2times a day n morn and b4 bed.....ANY IDEAS!?!?!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SLOW PIN WTF...xpert opinions...Help! [Re: Fungus_Farming]
    #4454049 - 07/26/05 02:20 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

No. Try to increase air exchange and keep providing good environment. Also keep an eye out/check for contaminations...the casing may also just be dry, in which case they'll abort and stop growing. If that happens, try a dunk and flush again.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineFungus_Farming
Botanist

Re: SLOW PIN WTF...xpert opinions...Help! [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4454069 - 07/26/05 02:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i been watchin for contams...outta 8tubs 4contamed..i went over 165 when pasturizin on those 4. n last couple of days i have been fanin bout 4times a day. i dont understand y 1st flush was so shitty tho

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

#4454071 - 07/26/05 02:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I had the same problem with one of my casings (not on poo though)... I really think it's the air exchange.  As soon as I put my casings into the fruiting chamber I built with a coolmist on 24/7, the pins took off like skyrockets, triple in size every 24 hours pretty much.  With bigger casings if you have no method of air exchange (double tub method, coolmist, whatever), it can really hurt things and cause an aerobic environment.  2 times a day might be too little.

I'd either fan more, or try to get a coolmist.  For the next grow fruit with a coolmist and I bet you will be surprised... but don't lose hope, I've seen a casing go from near death to vibrant fruiting.  Try fanning 7-8 times a day if you can, or hell, leave the lid cracked and run a small fan in the room (not directly on the tubs, but kinda bounce the air off a wall onto them or something).  That might help you out a lot actually... you shouldn't have to worry about contams at this point as your stuff is already colonized.  Just be sure to mist it at least once a day (don't overdo it!)

Good luck mate! :smile:

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

OfflineFungus_Farming
Botanist

Re: SLOW PIN WTF...xpert opinions...Help! [Re: Onetwothree]
    #4454082 - 07/26/05 02:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well i did a few grows b4 this..w/ perlite on bottom and casings n those cake tins. i had no holes n those tubs but lids werent terribly tight. i did same fanin w/ those.

Edited by Fungus_Farming (07/26/05 02:30 AM)

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

#4454105 - 07/26/05 02:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well, with smaller things it isn't such a problem as the myc doesn't need and consume as much O2, so fanning isn't needed as often.  When you do the bulk grows, the myc is like a big fish in a cup of water, it just can't breathe.  You want your stuff to breathe and by nice n healthy.

You COULD put holes in the side of the tub, but you'd risk cracking the tub, and other unexpected issues.  I put holes in the lids of my bulk tubs and it didn't do shit for the mushrooms... they got all messed up because I thought they were okay, they weren't :frown:

I really really really think your best bet is to just crack the lid slightly, and run one of those small clip-on 5 dollar fans bouncing off the wall, and hitting the tubs.  That should be plenty of air exchange, and I really think it will turn things around for you.  Maybe even put the fan on a timer if you're worried about it drying out... 6 on 6 off 6 on 6 off.

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4454114 - 07/26/05 02:35 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well if this is all straw, thats not the best substrate to work with. It can work, but you gotta know how to make it work for you. How thick is the substrate? Is it straight straw? Did you compress it? How much? Shread it? Casing mix? Casing thickness?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineFungus_Farming
Botanist

#4454200 - 07/26/05 03:09 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

subtrate is bout 3-4inch thick/strait straw is correct/i compressed it yes/like shroomgod's tek said/not shreaded/casing is 50/50 peat/verm./it was bout 1/2inch..i let it colonize for week then patched and xposed to lite..i am goin 2 crack the tub tonite. but they are stacked 2 on 2 so it will b hard i go to walmart n morn to get cool mister...i check for anyone else's advice n morn to...nite all

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

#4454219 - 07/26/05 03:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

On the humidifier, get a Vicks Coolmist, costs like 20 dollars brand new, lasts a long time.  I don't know how you have everything set up, but here's what I'd do if it's like this (which I think it is) --- If ya have 4 tubs:
-- put a hole in the LID of each tub.
-- Hook up Coolmist to some tubing (from hardware store, get something with large inner diameter), you can use a funnel to achieve this very effectively.

-- Use some PVC connections (3 ways, elbows, etc) to connect the hose to each tube... gotta get creative, and make sure the fittings fit the hose before you buy everything (just carry them around in a handbasket and try each one before buying, might take a while, but worth it).

But yeah, gotta get creative when doin it... but when the hose finally reaches the hole you made, duct tape it on there, and seal it off.  You should be good to go... :smile:

Here's a lil example of what I'd do-

______|______________|_____________|____________|
|    TUB1          TUB2          TUB3        TUB4
|
Coolmist

Eh that didn't work out, but you get the idea.  I think the whole fan thing with cracked lids would be much easier, but that's just me.  If you're gonna do all that tubing and stuff, might as well go the extra mile and set up a greenhouse, there are some that will fit bigass bulk tubs, 2 per shelf! :smile:

GL!

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
    #4454568 - 07/26/05 07:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fungus_Farming said:
i been watchin for contams...outta 8tubs 4contamed..i went over 165 when pasturizin on those 4. n last couple of days i have been fanin bout 4times a day. i dont understand y 1st flush was so shitty tho

Straw can be a major headache in the warmer months because of the airbourne mold spore count. Honestly, I shut down on the straw when spring hits. Use a lot of lime during your pasturization. It sounds like your casing layer may be a bit sweet. What is your casing layer?

Edited by hotnutz (07/26/05 07:38 AM)

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

Re: SLOW PIN WTF...xpert opinions...Help! [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4454603 - 07/26/05 07:54 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

to Hotnutz..
fungus_farming said..
"casing is 50/50 peat/verm./it was bout 1/2inch"

to Fungus_Farming..
Im with scat...I think some more air exchange would help out greatly with the slow fruits..

Here's a good writeup by Hyphae if you havent had a chance to read it yet..Its some good readin.. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3290155

Good luck,

Take care n be safe...

Edited by ultralight (07/26/05 08:05 AM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: SLOW PIN WTF...xpert opinions...Help! [Re: ultralight]
    #4454843 - 07/26/05 09:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Then I'd bet your lacking water, and the lack of fresh air doesnt help that.

--------------------

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
    #4454888 - 07/26/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Make sure that your growing parameters have fresh air as well. O2 is key when your initiating fruiting and growing the pins out to maturity.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates