Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Man linked to London bombings threatens Sweden
    #4438044 - 07/22/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=1775

Man linked to London bombings threatens Sweden

The 39-year old Swede suspected of involvement in the London bombings has said that Sweden would be ?punished? if he was handed over to a foreign power.

The man, who is originally from Lebanon, has lived in Sweden since he was 18. In an interview with Dagens Nyheter last October, he denied that he had met Osama Bin Laden but said that he ?loved him?.

?I am proud of Osama bin Laden. I am proud of everyone who wages war for justice.?

The man also told Dagens Nyheter that he thought the September 11th attacks against the United States were ?very good.?

The man refuted accusations that he had been at a terrorist training camp in Oregon in 1999. He admitted, however, that he had lived with Abu Hamza, a controversial Muslim preacher at the Finsbury Park mosque in London, who is currently awaiting trial in Britain on terrorism and race-hate charges.

The Swedish man says that he lived with one-eyed, hook-handed Hamza ?for medical reasons, as a nurse.?

The man, who is described by the FBI as ?very dangerous?, denies that he was involved in the London attacks of July 7th. In an interview published by Expressen on Friday, he says that he has not left Sweden in the past three years.

Responding to reports that he had flown to the United States in 1999 in the company of Haroon Rashid, suspected mastermind of the London bombings, the man said he does not know who Rashid is, and has never met him.

While denying involvement in the London bombings, the man said that the suicide bombers who attacked three underground trains and a bus were ?martyrs,? adding that he hoped also to become a martyr one day.

?They are not terrorists, as they are doing what Islam requires,? he said.

Sweden, he said, is not threatened by al-Qaeda, although he told Expressen that this could change if the Swedish government handed him over to the British or American authorities.

?If Sweden hands me over to another country then it will only have itself to blame. Sweden will then be punished with the greatest punishment.?

Silly Swedes and their occupation of Palestine.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Man linked to London bombings threatens Sweden [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4438064 - 07/22/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

he hates their freedom (to export him to gitmo)

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinephreedom420
Stranger
Re: Man linked to London bombings threatens Sweden [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4438173 - 07/22/05 01:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Their illegal occupation of Palestine, their troops in Iraq. Clearly we can see why the RoPeacers would choose such a hotbed of evil and oppression as Sveden.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Man linked to London bombings threatens Sweden [Re: afoaf]
    #4438197 - 07/22/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

this article gives a similar story, but doesn't mention anything about threats to sweden.

http://politiken.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=388791

Quote:

En 39-?rig svensk mand mist?nkes af FBI for at v?re indblandet i terrorbomberne i London for godt to uger siden.

Anders Tornberg fra det svenske politi bekr?fter, at det britiske politi har blikket rettet mod den svenske mand.

Men han vil ikke svare p?, om svensk politi ogs? unders?ger forhold omkring manden.

?Det kan jeg ikke oplyse, men bek?mpelse af terror er altid h?jeste prioritet, og vi kan altid kalde personer ind, som kan give os svar p? sp?rgsm?l i bek?mpelsen af terror?, siger han til Dagens Nyheter.

Endnu har myndighederne ikke anholdt den 39-?rige, og politiet vil ikke fort?lle, om man allerede har haft ham inde til afh?ring.

Hjernen bag bomberne
Den 30-?rige pakistanskf?dte brite Haroon Rashid Aswad blev p?grebet af pakistansk politi kort efter bomberne i London 7. juli. Han er siden blevet udpeget som hjernen bag bomberne, og sammen med den svenske mand fl?j han til New York i november 1999.

Derfra skal de angiveligt have fortsat til Oregon i USA for at opbygge en terroristlejr.

En amerikansk muslim, James Ujaama, som arbejdede for al-Qaeda inden han blev p?grebet for to ?r siden, skal have hjulpet de to under deres ophold i USA, og det er ham, som har forsynet FBI med oplysninger.

N?gter forbindelse
Svenskeren n?gter at have noget med bomberne i London at g?re.

?Jeg er ikke indblandet i attentaterne mod undergrundsbanen i London. Jeg har ikke v?ret uden for Sverige de seneste tre ?r. Hvordan kan jeg v?re indblandet i angrebene??, siger han if?lge Expressen.

Om den p?st?ede relation til Haroon Rashid Aswad siger svenskeren.

?Jeg ved ikke hvem han er. Jeg har aldrig truffet ham?.

'bin Ladens morder'
Svenskeren har tidligere ?bent erkendt sin opbakning til Osama bin Laden. Han kalder sig selv 'morder for bin Laden' og siger, at han har k?mpet i b?de Afghanistan og Kashmir. Han er f?dt i Libanon, men blev svensk statsborger i 1989.

I 2003 blev han tilbageholdt af det svenske politi, mist?nkt for terrorvirksomhed, efter oplysninger fra FBI om at han skulle have kontakt til islamiske fundamentalister i USA og Storbritannien. Beviserne rakte ikke til at d?mme manden for terror, men han blev f?ngslet for v?benbesiddelse.

Tidligere har manden v?ret straffet for vold og narkotikasmugling.

my translation of it

Quote:

A 39 year old swedish man was mistaken by the FBI of being involved in the terror-bombings in London some 2 weeks ago.
Anders Tornberg from the swedish police confirmed that the british police have dropped the charges against the swedish man.
But he will not answer if the swedish police also are investigating relationships around the man.
"I cannot state that, but the fight against terror is always the highest priority, and we can always call in a person who might give us answers to questions in the fight against terror," he said to Dagens Nyheter [a swedish newspaper].
So far the authorities have not arrested the 39 year old, and the police will not say if they have already have had him in for questioning.

Brains behind the bombers
The 30 year old pakistani-borne brit Haroon Rashid Aswad was arrested by pakistani police shortly after the bombings in London the 7th of July. He has since been pegged as the brains behind the bombers, and together with the swedish man he flew to New York in November 1999.
From there, they allegedely continued to Oregon in the USA to work at a terrorist-camp.
An american muslim, James Ujaama, who worked for Al-Qaeda before he was arrested 2 years ago, allegedly helped the two during their stay in the USA, and it is him who has provided the FBI with evidence.

Denying the connections
The swede denies have anything to do with the bombings in London.
"I am not connected with the attacks against the tube in London. I have not been outside of Sweden for the last 3 years. How could I be connected with the attacks?", he said to Expressen [a swedish newspaper].
About the alleged relations to Haroon Rashid Aswad the swede said, "I don't know who he is."

'Bin Ladens Killer'
The swede has earlier openly acknowledged his support for Osama Bin Laden. He calls himself 'murderer for bin Laden' and says that he has fought both in Afghanistan and Kashmir. He was born in Lebanon, but became a swedish citizen in 1989.
In 2003 he was held by the swedish police, suspected of terror-actions, after evidence from the FBI about that he supposabely had contact with islamic fundamentalists in the US and Great Britian. The evidense wasn't enough to judge him for terror, but he was jailed for weapons-charges.
He has previously been arrested for violence and narcotics-smuggling.

edit - whoops, left out a line in the translation - fixed that!

--------------------

Edited by Krishna (07/22/05 01:36 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1