Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Pharmahuasca/Always a bad side to DMT?
    #4430074 - 07/20/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, I did a lot of research on DMT already, erowid, here etc, but I couldnt find the answer to these questions. Please help, if you would :smile:

1. What is Pharmahuasca?

2. I am unsure if #1 is the answer to this question, but it might. Is it possible to get DMT out of chemicals, without a plant? My friend said he is extracting it, but he isnt using a plant... I suppose this would be sythensis. If this is true... how does the synthesis compare to real n,n-dmt?

3. In synthesized DMT, can it be taken both orally (with an MAOI) and smoked? Or is it only orally?

4. I heard that there is always a good side and a bad side to a DMT trip. Is this true? I hear of everyone always dying... this doesn't sound fun :frown:

5. Is it possible to overdose from ayahausca? (By ayahuasca, I mean any combination of DMT and an MAOI, more specifically the synthesized DMT as listed above). I already realize MAOIs by themselves with other medicine can be harmful.

Sorry i made this post before, but it was unorganized and it had a lot of info i recently found.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
Re: Pharmahuasca/Always a bad side to DMT? [Re: Limelight]
    #4430172 - 07/20/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

1. I dont know what pharmahuasca is, but alot of people use sayings similar to describe different forms of Ayahuasca.

2. Yes, it is possible to make with just chemicals, I am 80% sure of this. I think your friend doesnt know what he's saying and more likely what hes doing. If hes "extracting", its from something like a plant. If he's using chemicals, unless he is a chemist, he won't make DMT. And DMT is the same no matter what form it was created or extracted from.

3. Synthesized DMT can only be smoked, only smoked. Ayahuasca and similar mixtures are oral.

4. This is probably subjective, and I don't think anyone can say for sure. However, most accounts you will read may probably include a "bad" and a "good", but I think these qualitative words are useless, and so do many other trippers.

5. The danger of ayahuasca is the maoi really. Otherwise you probably couldn't overdose on DMT>

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Pharmahuasca/Always a bad side to DMT? [Re: dante]
    #4430227 - 07/20/05 08:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

1. Pharmahuasca usually refers to synthetic ayahuasca, using pure DMT and Harmine or Harmaline.

2. It is possible to synthesize pure DMT. See TiHKAL. But it is much easier to simply extract it from one of a number of plants. There is no difference between the two if the DMT is correctly extracted from a plant that has no other alkaloids that an A/B extraction would otherwise catch.

3. Pure DMT can be eaten if you have taken some sort of MAOI. It can also be smoked. The two experiences are completely different.

4. No idea.

5. None of the literature on ayahuasca indicates that DMT is in any way harmful to injest, regardless of whether you haven taken an MAOI.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Pharmahuasca/Always a bad side to DMT? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #4430262 - 07/20/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Actually it might be interesting to know the qualitative difference between synthetic DMT and the product of an acid/base extraction on mimosa hostilis, as I recall stumbling across a chemical called Mimosine (I think, should've written it down) that occurs in M. hostilis. If it were caught in a standard acid/base extraction, then it could potentially alter the experience.

Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
    #4430283 - 07/20/05 08:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thats interesting entropymancer, if there was this other chemical involved, mimosine, wouldn't what you be smoking something chemically different from DMT or in addition to the DMT that would of course change its qualitative effects?
I am sure that many first timers, or those inexperienced in DMT extraction end up with other, extra chemicals.

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Pharmahuasca/Always a bad side to DMT? [Re: dante]
    #4433198 - 07/21/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, it's probably worth looking into. Next time I'm at the library I'll write down the Merck Index info on it.

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
    #4438273 - 07/22/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

3. Pure DMT can also be snorted or injected.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Pharmahuasca/Always a bad side to DMT? [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #4438386 - 07/22/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I would advise against injecting DMT that was extracted.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom