Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
19 days, no pinning
    #4423869 - 07/19/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey everyone,

I have a problem which I'd like to review, find the answer to, and correct.

This was my first grow and I did about ten to twelve casings. About half of them got contaminated or messed up in someway during the grow. One pinned and I got about 40 grams off the first yield. The other five didn't do anything. And that kind of surprises me because they all had the same casing layer and conditions as the successful one yet they didn't do anything. So I'm wondering what could've caused them not to pin and fruit?

Granted since this was my first grow I wasn't exactly doing this all to the letter but I learned alot and now I want to learn what I did wrong so I can correct it in the future. This was a great learning experience and with those 40 grams last night, I am not dissatisfied at all, I just want to learn and correct the problem.

Is there anyway I could pull apart the casings that failed and figure out what happened?

Thanks in advance  :smile:

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: 19 days, no pinning [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4423899 - 07/19/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

a

Edited by memes (10/17/12 04:50 PM)

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 19 days, no pinning [Re: memes]
    #4425235 - 07/19/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My first guess would be insufficient water delivery which I've found to be the most common newbie mistake. Yes contams can keep casings from pinning also, if it's the mean greenie it will be just under the surface most times. There are a number of possible reasons RH to low, co2 too high, temp too high, insufficient light intensity and/or duration, take your pick! GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: 19 days, no pinning [Re: memes]
    #4425240 - 07/19/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yer if u say half of em got contamed along the way, maybe if they wernt isolated quick enough the contams has been able to carry to the other casings and what u cant see under the casing layer is the contam halted the myc, all assumptions of course. If all other conditions were the same as the successful grow not sure what else it could of been.

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: 19 days, no pinning [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4425575 - 07/19/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

dang I thought I was doin bad with 3 days no pins ...

Hope it pulls through!!! I will tell my shrooms about your problems and see if they can send help

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder