Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Salvia visuals/trip tips?
    #4414965 - 07/17/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I know there have been lots of threads about this, but please bear with me a moment. I have read all those really long guides on erowid and sagewisdom. I do know how to smoke it properly (and I plan to, for my first time).. but I just had some questions that werent really answered clearly, and I would appreciate it if you could help me.

1. Would really soft music be a good idea? Like soft techno (ATB - 9pm, for instance).

2. Are the visuals you see real looking? Like if you picture yourself going down a slide do you really see a slide?

3. Can you control the visuals/the trip in general?

4. Could you please *try* to briefly describe some certain aspects about what it's like, so that when i do it I will know what to expect? (I realize that statement is a joke.. because I will NEVER know what to expect.. but every little bit helps i suppose).

Thanks guys

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
Re: Salvia visuals/trip tips? [Re: Limelight]
    #4415084 - 07/17/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

no music in the dark is preferred... my method is making a gravity bong (3 liter or gallon) and put enough in the bowl for about 2-3 hits. take about half of the smoke and hold it, exhale, take the rest and hold it in and sit down. you want it dark because the less you can physically see, the more she is able to enter your mind and tap its infinate creative powers. the less you see... the more she will show you.
the experince is not like mushrooms or other psycedelics. you have hallucinations but are unaware that you just smoked anything. so everything seems as it is real. and you cannot control what is happening. the trip, however short, causes severe time distortion. so you may experience eternity in a minute and a half timespan. also the hallucinations usually have a storyline as in a dream. you fully understand during, but afterwards it can be difficult to explain or comprehend all that just happened to you.
hope this helps
d

--------------------

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Salvia visuals/trip tips? [Re: theBRINK]
    #4415093 - 07/17/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

are they ususally 'bad' dreams? like nightmares?
This looks really interesting..

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

#4415191 - 07/17/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i i guess you could think of them as that... the experiences i had were with 10x and i have been scared shitless more times than not... i would say it's kinda like living in the matrix and getting snapped out of it into the real world.
my first 'real' trip was late at night in the woods. i sat on a log and took 2 big gravity bong hits then sat back. i do not remember exhaling the last time but i saw myself as a part of the scenery. like if i took a picture of the woods and then divided the picture up into millions of different slices. all were basicly the same and i was one of them. i couldn't move but i could interact with the other slices and talk to them. they all had their own personalities. i'm not sure if i said anythign to them but i could watch and listen to them. i had no recollection of being myself or any memories of my past, yet i still had a feeling that i was different than the rest of the particals(slides) in the scene. like i sensed i was human or something.
there was something, maybe a higher being of some sort sweeping through the scene. like he/she/it was inspecting it. i surely felt that when the being came to me i would be free. he would then see there was a mistake and i did not belong here in the particals of the scenery. i felt still as if i were a human being up untill the higher being came to me and just passed over and i still couldn't move. it was then when i realized that i wasn't special and that was my place for all of eternity. suddenly all of the other slides began to laugh. they were laughing at me! like the joke was on me... all of them knew that they were stuck there forever and i just found out. they wouldn't stop laughing as i felt eternity in a special kind of hell.
my friend who was being my sitter said i exhaled and began to laugh. then i fell over off the log and began speaking in tongues... about a minute or 2 later i came out.
it was the longest minutes of my life, but i came out with a great appreciation of the short time we mortals have on this earth and the power of the teacher, 'the diviners sage' and the infinate power of our creative minds.
d

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4415868 - 07/17/05 05:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the visuals come at varying dosages from set and setting, with no real control. even a connaiseur become s connaisseur of surrender.

at level 3, you might direct wall paper cartoons (1 or 2 minutes only)

at level 4, you do not direct, you succumb to unpredictable visuals that you cannot control (2 or 3 minutes only), you are immersed in another world. satisfying but not anything you expected.

at level 5, visual or tactile, remembered or imagined, there is no distinction (3 to 6 minutes) and no control at all.

at level 6, just try to remember your dream. goodluck.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Salvia visuals/trip tips? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4415935 - 07/17/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Where does the 'bad' or 'negative' part come from in all of this?

it seems to me this kind of thing would be absolutely amazing and not bad at all (aside from the said expereince where every slab was laughing at him because hes stuck for all eternity). I mean just on a normal one, not negative, what makes it unappealing? because its so weird?

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4416020 - 07/17/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

People say it's scary, because, at least all my expirances, have been similar to the one above. This is why i warn against using it at parties, etc.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: Salvia visuals/trip tips? [Re: gdman]
    #4416084 - 07/17/05 06:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yes the trips are controllable, but no the visuals are not. the 'visuals' are not like flat out hallucinations but more of an actual journey through a cosmic world.

a salvia trip starts with the harsh smoke in your lungs. shortly after you breathe out there is a light tingling sensation all over your body and a small head rush. the laughs come on quite heavily and then the visuals hit. Almost always you forget that you have ever lived on this earth and forget that you are even still alive as you watch molecules dance around from a third person perspective. slower than it came on, you come down. you begin to recognize surroundings, remember what ur doing, and what the hell just happened. the tingling may linger for up to thirty minutes.

a 'bad' trip on salvia happens quite frequently. actually ive never had a happy trip. however it is so short lived that it is the perfect adrenaline rush and still very thought provoking at the same time. its an excellent experience and i highly recommend it.

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4416318 - 07/17/05 07:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:
Where does the 'bad' or 'negative' part come from in all of this?

level 5 and level 6 are often regarded as "bad" or often at least embarassing.

I prefer to indulge in a shorter stack (targetting level 4) - the deeper the now becomes, and the more complex the dimensions layer upon eachother, the more relaxed you need to be.

--------------------

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia visuals/trip tips? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4416425 - 07/17/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i wouldn't say bad or unappealing at all... i believe she gives you a very healthy does of fear. i personally enjoy the trip, to experience a glimpse into the unknown is nothing of this world. i was afraid because it was something i never have experienced, with is the natural human emotion you get when soemthing you do not understand comes along. i would say more exciting and thrilling than bad or unappealing... but definately scary.

--------------------

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4416892 - 07/17/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i've never had any opened eye visuals on salvia, only closed eye, and usually after i take the hits, i completely forget to close my eyes. too much starts to happen.

i get extremely neutral vibes from salvia, not positive like i get from mushrooms. it's extremely intense if you do it right and have the right extract.

oftentimes when i smoke it, it sort of pushes my body in different ways. a lot of times it will force my arm to go in one direction in order to make my arm line up with another object in the room. the last time i did it i was outside, sitting in a chair in my back yard near a lot of trees. there was this one blue tree like 50 feet away from me. as i soon as i started tripping my leg started to slowly move to the left, and then it stopped right where my knee lined up perfectly with the stump of the blue tree. at that point it made it very hard to move my leg out of that position, but with enough willpower, it's do-able. i find that to be a very common experience in my salvia trips, although it doesnt happen all the time.

it's incredibly intense, usually not too comfortable. it's kind of scary being totally sober to tripping very hard in a matter of seconds.

sometimes when you smoke it, nothing happens, you just feel weird, other times gravity pushes in all directions, other times it lines you up with objects in the room, sometimes when done indoors, you get the feeling like you know exactly what's in the rooms next to you and above you. this is a very hard feeling to describe, but picture yourself in an apartment building on the second floor. there's a window near you. when you smoke it, you can kind of leave the room through the window in your mind, and zoom out on the building you're in, looking through the windows that are above and below you, without even really looking at them and still focusing on what's in the room you're in. i guess it's impossible to completely understand what i'm talking about till you have experienced it.

i've smoked it and closed my eyes, and i was in a world full of snow. there were tunnels in the snow, with 2 walls of snow on each side of me, and the top opened so i could see the sky. i would walk in the tunnels, then a minute later, i wouldn't be walking anymore. i would be in a sled, with huskies who would pull me through the snow. i would see a flash of blue and yellow patterns, and be back in the snow world again.

you can smoke it and meet God, or think you're going to meet God, sometimes after you smoke it, you will feel like there is a drain in a part of the room, and everything in the room is getting sucked down into the drain, including yourself. your legs automatically twist up in each other so you can fit down the drain. sometimes you smoke it and everything looks like it normally does, but it's completely alien to you. you look at a shoe on the ground, and you have no idea what it's for. you know you see it every day, but you dont know what you do with it. it looks strangely familiar, but you cant grasp the concept of what to do with the shoe. one time i smoked it and i had my cell phone and two batteries in my pocket, and i could feel them on my leg through my pants. they felt like wax. i thought wax was growing from my leg, i reach to my pants to touch it, and i realize that it's my phone and batteries in my pocket, and then the trip ends like that.

one time i smoked some 10x salvia while shrooming, and i remembered being born. i remembered being a sperm, and slowly forming. i remember rejecting certain physical traits, and taking other ones. it's not easy to explain at all.

what happens to you when you're on salvia is incredibly variable. most of the time it isn't very pleasant. i can't smoke it very often, i think about what could happen and i usually tell myself i'm not ready for that again.

the trips can last 5, 10 minutes, they can also only last 30 seconds. it ends pretty much when you figure out that you're dealing with hallucinations. afterwards, you feel very disconnected from reality, but you slowly come back within half an hour to 45 minutes.

all the examples that i gave of what could happen have happened to me on either 10x salvia or 20x. those are the only two extracts i've ever smoked.

good luck to you on your voyages with salvia

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Edited by nightkrawler (07/17/05 10:34 PM)

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Salvia visuals/trip tips? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4417500 - 07/18/05 12:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thansk for that awesome description nightkrawler, great job. :smile: thanks for typing that out.

How would you guys recommend shooting for a level 3/4 trip to start with? Like 20x? It seemed you had it figured out roughly which level to shoot at.

Sorry, but it is still unclear to me why this isnt an appealing experience. I have heard many people say that they dont want to do it again because they dont think they could deal with it any time soon. Is it really that crazy? I would think being able to close your eyes and see other worlds would be fucking awesome, as long as it doesnt turn sour. I guess i am naive though, and i have to try it to see...

--------------------

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

#4418118 - 07/18/05 06:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yes, you'll definately have to try it to see for yourself... only you can judge how it effects you. if you are going to start witha 20x, i'd suggest that you start with a small dose. maybe one hit off of a bong or something. most of the experiences that i have had are difficult to describe fully in words. just see for yourself!
good luck and happy travels.
d

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4419965 - 07/18/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

there is no easy reference to guide you in shooting for a particular effect:
some smoking methods require more
some waste less
get started carefully with a sitter and if the effect is not adequate double it, and so on repeating until you are happy

for me I get level 4 using a small pipe and regular lighter and 1/40th of a gram of 10x or less.

others require much more, and many use more elaborate smoking equipment. I am certain much gets lost condensing on the sides of the cooling tubes (water pipes large bongs...) and they need those cooling tubes due to using a torch to light the material, and they use a torch to get the salvinorin to vaporize, forgetting that just sucking on a small pipe lowers the local pressure and therefore lowers the boiling point too........

--------------------

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4420081 - 07/18/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

np :smile:

it's just a very intense experience, that is rather uncomfortable. when i first got it before i tried it i was telling myself wow, so i could have a little trip every day with this stuff since it's fairly cheap and doesn't last long. after i first tried it, i realized that it would be insane to use that stuff so often.

a lot of times when i smoke it, i get this feeling that lady salvia laughs and says "hahaha, you're in my world now. i can do whatever i want to you now."

and it's true, i find that the mushroom world is much more welcoming, and a much happier place than the salvia world.

as for what extract to get, i like 20x because you're going to breakthrough on it guarranteed, but then again i don't like 20x because you're going to breakthrough on it guarranteed. if you get 20x, you're gonna smoke it a couple of times, and put it away for awhile and probably break it out every once in awhile. if you get 10x, it's not quite as scary and would probably do it a little more often. atleast that's how it went with me. i got a lot less out of 10x though, and you have to take 3 hits of it, holding each hit in for 30 seconds when you do that, and it's extremely uncomfortable to do that. after the first hit, all i really want is oxygen, i dont want anymore smoke in my lungs. with 20x you wont have that problem. you take a hit, hold it in for 20 seconds, take another hit, and you'll be tripping hard before that 20 seconds is up, and you'll forget that you are trying to hold your breath. i have no idea how long i hold my second hit in for, if at all.

it all depends what kind of experience you're looking for. when i had 10x, i had wished i had gotten a stronger extract. but that's just me, i usually like more intense. you get more out of it that way.

some people would advise getting the raw leaves, and smoking them every day for awhile, and supposedly it will make you trip as i hard as the extracts due to the reverse tolerance. i've never had the leaves by themselves though, so i don't know.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineJabbawaya

#4420771 - 07/18/05 08:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:
1. Would really soft music be a good idea? Like soft techno (ATB - 9pm, for instance).

Maybe. It depends if you're comfortable with it. It would have to be VERY soft and ambient, nonintrusive music.

Quote:

Limelight said:
2. Are the visuals you see real looking? Like if you picture yourself going down a slide do you really see a slide?

Sort of. They can seem very real to you. Generally, though, you're not a spectator watching--you're part of the experience completely. You are living IN the visuals... it's hard to describe. The visuals are totally unlike those of any other psychedelic drug out there. The textures of what you see are more twisty, pearly, and generally weird, at least in my experience. That is, if you even take a moment to notice textures when your body is stuck in the wall of a house you've never been to before floating in a magnetic field.

I tend to get completely immersed in the visuals with either eyes open or closed. It usually doesn't make a difference. Things can look like you're looking through a shattered fractal mirror or a broken kaleidoscope. With eyes closed, though, there is a much better chance of losing all contact with reality (which is good or bad, depending on what you seek). But as I've said, even that is possible with eyes open.

Quote:

Limelight said:
3. Can you control the visuals/the trip in general?

I usually don't get the "holodeck effect" (i.e. eyes closed imagine something and it's there, such as high-dose DXM). Salvia tends to simply show me what it wants me to see... I don't often have a say in it at all. I've had many fucked up experiences on salvia that were very unnerving and incredibly real. Be careful.

Quote:

Limelight said:
4. Could you please *try* to briefly describe some certain aspects about what it's like, so that when i do it I will know what to expect? (I realize that statement is a joke.. because I will NEVER know what to expect.. but every little bit helps i suppose).

Like you said, one never really knows what to expect. I can't compare salvia to any other drug, because it is truly unlike any other. It is so utterly alien and unworldly that words simply cannot describe it. It can be terrifying or enlightening, or both at the same time. Have fun merging with inanimate objects and living a lifetime as a clock or brick wall!  :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract