Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
syringe pressure cooking questions
    #441260 - 10/29/01 09:15 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I just pressure cooked 3 empty syringes at 15PSI for 20min. They were full with 12CCs of water and wrapped in tin foil. After I took them out (I used the quick pressure release method, might be the problem?) The syringes were maby a little less (5CCs) full? Is this normal?

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: syringe pressure cooking questions [Re: phrozendata]
    #441263 - 10/29/01 09:20 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I recently read at a very popular vendor's site that the 12cc syringes really sucked bad for sterlization. I also know friends that have ordered 12cc syringes from vendors that were obvioulsy extremely containamated. Might be safer to go with a 10cc... the 12cc's just dont seem to have a good rep at this point. Good luck.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: syringe pressure cooking questions [Re: Jammer]
    #441274 - 10/29/01 09:29 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I like 12CC syringes because I can innoculate 12 jars with once syringe. I might be ordering 10 10CC syringes soon though because thats all I can find. I recently got two nice, rather large, dark looking prints from the sporeworks (EQ and PES A.) that I hope to make 3 syringes (at least) each from. I'm going to really try and be sterile. I'm hoping a good PC at 20min at 15PSI, 10% bleach wipedown and air spray, oven tek, dust mask, washed hands and showered bodied/clean colthes, no air drafts will be fine. I can probably take the print out of the bag, scrape, perge solution and suck back in in under a minute per syringes, 3 minutes total. Its only something that has to be done once so I might as well go all out. Do syringes re-store in the zip-lock bags they came in fine? I'm going to run down to the dollar store and get 100 baggies for $1 (great deal) soon.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not

Offlinemarx2k
journeyman

Loc: Midwest
    #441360 - 10/29/01 10:36 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The trick here is to pc empty syringes (plunger fully pressed down) along with a half pint or a pint of water in a jar with a single hole on top (with electrical tape over it while in the pc). This way when your syringes come out, you will have totally clean syringes and a sterile half pint or pint of water to fill them with. No more guessing games wether the water in your syringes is sterile or why half of it is gone. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Alright alright

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: syringe pressure cooking questions [Re: marx2k]
    #441363 - 10/29/01 10:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks, that what I needed to hear. Can I just use a regular 1/2pint jar with 4 hole in the lid? How about a baby, food jar? I would most likely just be sucking up the water and then using Psilocybers shotglass tek.

--------------------

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #441373 - 10/29/01 10:50 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The simpler the better, my friend uses 20cc syringes. She just boils water for 5 min or so, then flames the needle and sucks up hot water and squirts it out once. Then sucks up water second time and she is finished. Always works with no problems as long as your print is clean. Shot glass tek is then used........Good luck..

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineGoodTimes
    #441374 - 10/29/01 10:51 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

You can sterilize a syringe using boiled water(still hot). Suck some up squirt it out and repeat a couple of times. Then on the last time leave the hot water in and use as spore water.
I read this somewhere and it worked for but you could get a shot glass put it in a mug filled with water(shot glass underwater). Mircrowave for 10 minutes(boil), remove and move to clean box. Then do the above with the syringe, afterwards pour out water cover shot glass with mug til ready to use. Then get spore print ready remove mug scrape a 1/4 of the print. Squirt sterile water from syringe in shot glass and suck it up, repeat as necesary. Should be a sterile spore syringe after that. GoodLuck...

Offlinemarx2k
journeyman

Loc: Midwest
    #441619 - 10/30/01 06:39 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

You can use any sealed jar that you like as long as it wont melt inside of the pressure cooker. Just remember that it does need to have an air seal and it should have a hole on top (for the needle to go through) thats taped up when youre pressure cooking but one that you can pierce through with the needle to draw up water. Have fun!

Also, something I was thinking (and maybe you guys can help me).. if someone sends you an index card with spores on it (in a baggie).. is it safe to drop that (supposedly sterile) index card into water and let the spores come off of it that way and suck the spores up? Or do you HAVE to scrape the spores into the water?

--------------------
Alright alright

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #441668 - 10/30/01 08:48 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I wouldnt. You'll have to hope to god both sides of that index card are sterile.

--------------------

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #441684 - 10/30/01 09:25 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

You don't even need jars with lids, you can use glasses, jars, whatever and cover and tape them with aluminum foil and masking tape...As far as getting spores off index card, you can use the tip of the syringe scrape while squirting water onto the spore...Hint:tin foil makes a better removable print than index cards...

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale