Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewiresandleaves
Stranger
Brief warning for those using strong desiccant for the first time
    #4410934 - 07/16/05 06:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I have shroomed a fair bit before but never bothered to get my shrooms 'cracker' dry with desiccant. The other day I took just over 5g of Shrooms (though this time dried properly for the first time), a reasonably strong dose - but nothing I thought I couldn't handle. However I didn't take into account that the mushies would be that much stronger than I was used to because I was not including excess water in the weighing process. This is pretty common sense stuff and I had considered it myself but let my fear of taking too little to trip get the better of me.
For a few hours it was a pretty rough, highly confusing trip - something like I would imagine 7g might do - with voices and breakdown of consciousness and time. The few hours after the peak were good but in future I will adjust my measurements accordingly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Brief warning for those using strong desiccant for the first time [Re: wiresandleaves]
    #4410943 - 07/16/05 06:34 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

what strain, what substrate were they grown on?

Glad u got it though it ok, did u notice any greater degree in visuals?

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Offlinewiresandleaves
Stranger
Re: Brief warning for those using strong desiccant for the first time [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4411214 - 07/16/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They were Mexicans - I'm not sure on what they were grown (were bought off net before the infernal ban) but they did dry down to much less than I expected so perhaps straw (I don't know too much about growing but I've heard that this can lead to reduced weight).
Yeah I noticed a huge increase in visuals - though I can remember very little of it now. I kept watching trees pass through the seasons and curved branches spin into fractals and chaos-style designs. I can tell when I've taken it too far because light becomes diffracted and I often can't focus. It was a very hot day and there were flies around - kept seeing my limbs swell and return to normal as if I had been bitten by something very poisonous. I don't think my state of mind was helped by the shrooms kicking in so fast - meant that I had to walk uphill to get away into the wild when all I really felt like doing was sitting down for a few hours. Exhaustion on shrooms is about as extreme as it gets -

OfflineBooger
addict

Re: Brief warning for those using strong desiccant for the first time [Re: wiresandleaves]
    #4411256 - 07/16/05 09:50 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

wiresandleaves said:
I have shroomed a fair bit before but never bothered to get my shrooms 'cracker' dry with desiccant. The other day I took just over 5g of Shrooms (though this time dried properly for the first time), a reasonably strong dose - but nothing I thought I couldn't handle. However I didn't take into account that the mushies would be that much stronger than I was used to because I was not including excess water in the weighing process. This is pretty common sense stuff and I had considered it myself but let my fear of taking too little to trip get the better of me.
For a few hours it was a pretty rough, highly confusing trip - something like I would imagine 7g might do - with voices and breakdown of consciousness and time. The few hours after the peak were good but in future I will adjust my measurements accordingly.

You can experience something similar going from "wet" to "dry" Surprise! In spite of the common wisdom that mushrooms are 90% water, they are really more like 92% water. 1 gram dry can be more potent than 10 grams wet. It's more like the equivalent of 12 wet grams. YMMV.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract