Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTheCow
Stranger

AIDS help
    #4405213 - 07/14/05 07:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, this post may sound irrational, but hear me out first. I recently found out that this hobo I have smoked pot with once, has aids. Now I know aids cant be spread through saliva, that is not what I am worried about. I have been reading that crack users can get aids by sharing pipes, because their lips may be extremely cracked, or cut. Now my lips are usually quite chapped, not bleeding, but chapped. Sometimes I have been known to sort of bite down on my lips, and pull pieces of dried skin off, which can create my lips to bleed minimally. Now I am not saying I was doing this while I was getting high with him, and in fact find the idea of me doing that to be very suspect, but I do think it is possible. Or my lips may have been chapped earlier, and had a small cut, or something of that nature. I dont remember him having any blood on his lips, or anything suspicious at the time, I only recently thought of this. I am having trouble piecing together the details, as it has been 2 years. But what do you think the risks are of reasonably getting aids? My friend who was also there during this, keeps telling me that I am just being paranoid, and he thinks he wiped off the pipe every time the guy hit it, discreetly of course. I fear I am distressed over nothing, but it bothers me because I have been careful in all of my sexual experiences, so getting aids from something like this, would really blow my world apart.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: AIDS help [Re: TheCow]
    #4405246 - 07/14/05 07:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I am pretty sure that an expert would tell you that you are at a very low risk for getting HIV from this, even if this other guy had HIV at the time you smoked with him. I've had a lot of little scares over HIV myself, so I can relate.

But get tested anyway. The results will come back right away, and you can trust the results because it has been so long since the experience. Please, for the sake of everyone, get the test and be sure. It is the easiest test in the world, logistically (all they do is take an oral sample, and there are free clinics in any city), even though its always scary.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: AIDS help [Re: gluke bastid]
    #4405283 - 07/14/05 07:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

All the places I have seen say the results take like a week or two.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #4405879 - 07/14/05 09:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you did not get aids by smoking after that bum
dont worry bout it

--------------------

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #4405908 - 07/14/05 09:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I think most docs would tell you that the chances of you contracting HIV from this are extremely slim. Maybe something like a 1 in 10,000 chance. Rest easy. There's a much better chance that you'll just eventually get stabbed if you keep doing drugs with hobos.

Good to have a healthy fear of it though. A friend of mine just found out he had it a few weeks ago. Keep that guard up.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4406015 - 07/14/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Highly unlikely that you have HIV... but getting tested is a smart thing to do. Everyone should get tested every now and then, I'd recommend you do it, you'll undoubtable come up negative and then you don't need to worry at all anymore.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order