Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineabsoluteZero
Pressure Cookers
    #440064 - 10/29/01 12:28 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hello, a casual acquaintance of mine wishes to grow mushrooms in the near future and was wondering what kind of recommendations he could get for pressure cookers. Price is a very, very big consideration. So far he as looked at the following models.

Maitre's Sanper 8QT Pressure Cooker A4

3-Piece Pressure Cooker Set

T-Fal Sensor 2 Pressure Cooker (6.4-qt.)

I've seen people talking about how they bought pressure cookers for less then $30 and was wondering where my acquaintance could get one of those.

Also, my acquaintance was wondering if jars to be sterilized can be stacked on each other in the pressure cooker.

One more thing, is a pressure cooker able to sterilize syringes and other tools such as scalpels, and if so how?

Thank you for any help.
Zero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Pressure Cookers [Re: absoluteZero]
    #440117 - 10/29/01 01:22 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Post Deleted a la Obscurity

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #440145 - 10/29/01 02:04 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I've seen people talking about how they bought pressure cookers for less then $30 and was wondering where my acquaintance could get one of those.

"Also, my acquaintance was wondering if jars to be sterilized can be stacked on each other in the pressure cooker."
Yes.

"One more thing, is a pressure cooker able to sterilize syringes and other tools such as scalpels, and if so how?"
Wrap them up in aluminum foil.

Good Luck. Have Fun!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineabsoluteZero
    #440189 - 10/29/01 02:39 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you for your help

Do the pressure cookers in those links look like they would work?

My acquaintance would rather purchase new stuff for slightly more than bid for something on EBAY...just doesn't trust the good nature of people...

zero

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #440200 - 10/29/01 02:58 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

IMO, buying small pc's over ebay probably isnt worth it, cuz its used for 1, and 2 ...shipping....so you would probably end up paying the same for a new one at a store near you.
but...for future reference, ebay is a good thing if you are looking for a large p/c.
i got an all american 21.5 qt over ebay for $30 and shipping was $25...$55 in total. it works great.
the cheapest one new (same model) i found on the net was $140 w/shipping.
so i saved $85 bux on the upside, but on the downside, it was used. ( its not shiny. lol ;) )

sellers on ebay have a feedback system for buyers, those sellers dont want to tarnish their reputation, especially for a $30 dollar purchase...and so on and so on...get it?
and if the description of the item isnt clear, you can always email the seller a question before you bid.

Good Luck! Have fun!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineNecron99
Protect youreyes from flyingsugar!

Loc: SATx
    #440397 - 10/29/01 07:58 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Go to Wal mart and get a Mirro 8 qt for fifty bucks. (I've posted before that this is the one I have and Ive said it was a Presto, but it is a Mirro.) It has a 5, 10, and 15 psi stopcock (heh heh I said cock) and is very easy to use. I think you can stack 10 half pints (I use pints) And still fit syringes and stuff in there.

--------------------

"Puny earthlings do not yet know the meaning of the word suffering!!"

OfflineOsh_Kosh_BGosh
journeyman

Re: Pressure Cookers [Re: Necron99]
    #440435 - 10/29/01 08:37 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well.. in risk of being flamed.. all im going to say is ive done around 105 jars now.. all just boiled in water and have seen only 1 contam ever.. and that was during a 3rd flush on a casing.

Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
Re: Pressure Cookers [Re: Necron99]
    #440448 - 10/29/01 08:49 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Damn.......you boiled 105 jars......you got way to much time on your hands :)
Listen to what the guys are telling you in here. Good info. A Good P. cooker will do wonders. My P.cooker only cost me $25.00. It's a cheapy, but I've had it for 4 years. Not once has it ever failed me. In that time I only lost 2 jars (1/2 pint) to contamination. Don't stick to boiling for ever.
Like Necron99 said.....go to wal-mart. They have some ok stuff their.

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #440900 - 10/29/01 04:18 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

The Wallmart near me sells a small Mirror 10psi fixed pressure model that works fine for about $18.00! They only have enough space for three 1/2 pint jars however, and it is a tight fit. They work perfectly fine if you steam for at least 45 minutes.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineAbhilasha
Female

Re: Pressure Cookers [Re: 40oz]
    #18395967 - 06/10/13 05:26 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Hi everyone, not sure where to post this so ill give it a shot here!
i have a '3-ply' pressure cooker that didnt come with a rack.. will i have to go out searching for a rack or will this be as efficient as a rack? i don't want to have an explosion or any cracked jars... also how much water would i add if i didnt have a rack? i have an 8 lt pressure cooker if that helps BTW

Thanks!

abhilasha:)

--------------------
:takingnotes: :bonghit:
:flyhigh:

OfflineBloodKil
Mangler av era mödrar slida
 User Gallery

Re: Pressure Cookers [Re: Abhilasha]
    #18396199 - 06/10/13 07:36 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

:oldthread: 

For one this is a 11 year old thread you dragged out of its grave, also you repeated the same common sense question in anothher thread that was a year old. (Not to mention you didn't provide a whole lot of info in your question)

There are a lot of things you could turn into a rack in your pc..  use a bit of common sense and ingenuity and I'm sure you will figure something out...

In the mean time please don't resurrect anymore dead threads, don't thread jack, and don't post the same question more than once in multiple threads.

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pressure Cookers [Re: Abhilasha]
    #18396223 - 06/10/13 07:43 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Abhilasha said:
Hi everyone, not sure where to post this so ill give it a shot here!
i have a '3-ply' pressure cooker that didnt come with a rack.. will i have to go out searching for a rack or will this be as efficient as a rack? i don't want to have an explosion or any cracked jars... also how much water would i add if i didnt have a rack? i have an 8 lt pressure cooker if that helps BTW

Thanks!

abhilasha:)

Just use rings from your mason jar lids :thumbup:

--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:

Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures