Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Renting a place....Credit check
    #4398699 - 07/13/05 02:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

All my living arrangements over the past couple years have involved roommates.... I have never signed a lease or payed bills in my name(just give the roommate money).......

Now i would like to rent a place out myself....I don't have the worlds best credit...Had a couple recent charge-offs on some credit cards(working payments out with the collections people now)...and had a couple past credit issues(always pay them eventually).......

Over the last few months work has been very good to me....nearly doubled what i make....so figured i can most definitely afford a place on my own now......

Now i have my choices narrowed down to a few cheap apartments/townhouses....

I'm curious as to what information they will want from me on the application.... Will my credit affect me alot? People with bad credit need somewhere to live to....hehe right?

Any input?

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephreedom420
Stranger
Re: Renting a place....Credit check [Re: Schwip]
    #4398723 - 07/13/05 02:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Usually you can offer to pay 2-3 months security deposit. Money trumps credit, if you have enough of it. Really though, you should get your bills paid off. Having good credit is important to owning a home, nice cars, etceteras.

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Re: Renting a place....Credit check [Re: phreedom420]
    #4398991 - 07/13/05 07:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Is that common practice to offer up a more substantial deposit when credit is an issue??

That may be a viable option should the need arise....

--------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #4398999 - 07/13/05 07:35 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yup... over here in germany when you rent a place you have to pay between 2 or 3 months of security deposit in order to rent the place...

--------------------

Offlinesaz3
DELA-WHERE?

Loc: REPRESENT!
Re: Renting a place....Credit check [Re: In(di)go]
    #4399032 - 07/13/05 07:59 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

this is a little off subject, but i heard they have waiting lists to live over there in europe?

--------------------
Only one Jah Rastafari

OfflineJalruza
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Renting a place....Credit check [Re: saz3]
    #4399034 - 07/13/05 08:02 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

credit sucks

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Renting a place....Credit check [Re: saz3]
    #4399041 - 07/13/05 08:07 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i think it really depends on where you want to live. basically any place in copenhagen or ?rhus (the two biggest cities in denmark) will have a waiting list (unless you are just renting a room from people who already have a flat). but nobody ever follows them - you usually just have to know somebody, or have some special circumstance (ie a student trying to move into a student collective, or whatever).

i've also never 'legally' rented a place - only rented under-the-table from people who were already living there and needed to rent out a room. well, ok, that's not completely true - i've paid a deposit on the flat i'll move to in vancouver, but they didn't do any credit check - they just required a deposit of $700 canadian and i've signed in to a 1-year contract...

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Renting a place....Credit check [Re: Krishna]
    #4399076 - 07/13/05 08:35 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Like krishna said, the credit check will depend upon who you rented from. Larger, more commercial type renters are more likely to do a credit check, but my current landlord did one and he only has one place and rents locally. Give it shot, the worst they'll say is no.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #4399131 - 07/13/05 09:07 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Some places run credit checks, some dont. One idea is, if they tell you upfront that they're going to do a credit check is, pay off the charge offs and have the companies send you stuff stating that it is paid off. That way you have something to give them showing that you're straightening it all out. Also, You can write a letter of explanation stating that you were having money problems, but you're making a ton more money now, and you're back on your feet taking care of you obligations.

Good Luck!!

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4399335 - 07/13/05 10:45 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, how do all the people with bad credit find a place to live?

I have average credit - not good, not bankruptcy. I always find apts. that require no lease (i.e. sublets in places are big business complexes or houses - just little apartments the owner is renting out for extra income - the apartments are just month-to-month). I do this mostly because I dont like being locked into anything for long periods of time (my living situation is a bit up in the air right now).

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4399540 - 07/13/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've lived on my own for several years. Every place I have applied at has done credit checks. I have horrible credit and have never been required to pay more than the standard one months rent for a deposit.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Renting a place....Credit check [Re: Deadmaker]
    #4399684 - 07/13/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

how horrible is horrible?

OfflineJuan_del_Pueblo
Mr.Papashroom
 User Gallery

Re: Renting a place....Credit check [Re: Vvellum]
    #4401990 - 07/13/05 11:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Almost all places do a credit ck when there is a management company. If and when they pull your credit, find out what your credit score or scores are. This will help you if they turn you down. You can ask them what the credit score requirements are and then you'll know if you qualify. Also if you keep pulling your credit it will continue to bring your credit score down further. Most places charge you for pulling your credit so get a damn copy, it's your report you paid for it not them(all states are diff).

Once you get into your place you can better your credit score by bringing it down. What do I mean? Well the agencies look at consistency, so if you apply for a credit card(wich brings down your score) with the same addy every month for 3 months you'll show a consistent address. The best thing to do is have a PO box, so when you move you'll have the same addy thus consistency which= a responsible individual they want to reward with a better credit score. Make sure your bills are paid on time and in 1 yrs time your credit will be good enough to buy a place of your own. Most every type of agency forgives any credit problems if there older then 2yrs. They forgive BK after 4yrs but all the crap will still be on your credit report. If you have the money, there are agencies that can remove all the blemishes on your credit report.

If you pay cash for your place every month(even if you live with your parents)STOP, pay with a ck. Paying by ck shows a lender or renter your true payment history, if you have nothing they can't tell how responsible you are.

I hope that wasn't 2 confusing....

--------------------
Don't I look like I'm serious...

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #4402004 - 07/14/05 12:02 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

no, go to someone offering housing...for a cheap price, apartments suck..go for someone that has a good room/rooms to rent...you dont have to deal with the crap with renting from rental places...if they ask for credit check first, they suck anyway...it must me someome that jacks thier prices up way too much...I have been there, oh it pisses me off still..I was paying ownership rental fees on top of jacked up late fees...retal places suck...find a nice basement that someone is renting...you are so much better off..and less noise, with the neighbors...

Edited by skunk78395 (07/14/05 12:05 AM)

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Re: Renting a place....Credit check [Re: Skunk420]
    #4402157 - 07/14/05 01:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for all the info guys :smile: very help-full

I think i found a roommate and a place allot closer to my work(half the reason I'm trying to move)....so i will probably move in with him and just work on saving more money and repairing my credit....

peace.,

-s

--------------------

OfflineJuan_del_Pueblo
Mr.Papashroom
 User Gallery

#4405322 - 07/14/05 07:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Make sure you pay him with a ck, so you have payment history. This might not mean much today but down the line you'll thank me.

Good luck wit your new place bro.. :thumbup:.

--------------------
Don't I look like I'm serious...

OfflinePaul Walker
Paul Walker
Male
    #19946703 - 05/05/14 09:58 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Schwip said:
All my living arrangements over the past couple years have involved roommates.... I have never signed a lease or payed bills in my name(just give the roommate money).......

Now i would like to rent a place out myself....I don't have the worlds best credit...Had a couple recent charge-offs on some credit cards(working payments out with the collections people now)...and had a couple past credit issues(always pay them eventually).......

Over the last few months work has been very good to me....nearly doubled what i make....so figured i can most definitely afford a place on my own now......

Now i have my choices narrowed down to a few cheap apartments/townhouses....

I'm curious as to what information they will want from me on the application.... Will my credit affect me alot? People with bad credit need somewhere to live to....hehe right?

Any input?

It's good that you are want to rent your own accommodation . I have some points that will be helpful . The rates depends on the location and building age . If it is prime location and new building than you have to pay more . Other thing size you want ti rent . Many owner take security money and advance rent so you also have to pay if any company or agent is between you and landlord than this work became easy but you have to pay them . You credit not mainly effect if you paying rent as agreement.

--------------------
find a property uk

InvisibletheRAPeutic
Hueman
Male

Re: Renting a place....Credit check [Re: Paul Walker] * 1
    #19946712 - 05/05/14 09:59 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Strong 8 year bump

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order