Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrCircuits
Stranger
Why didn't I trip? What went wrong? (Anything would help, thanks!)
    #4397988 - 07/12/05 10:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

About four years ago I grew some good looking mushrooms following the steps of the PF Tek method. I followed each step to the T, everything was looking wonderful. After drying the shrooms (again following the method perfectly), I took several of them without tripping. I tried taking more, but again this did not work. I'm thinking about growing again but I want to figure out what went wrong last time. Here are some things that may have been a factor.

- I had the spores sent to me in Minnesota in January (Temps WELL below freezing almost all month, that year as low as 40 below) and they may have gone bad during shipping - Is the temp of spores a factor?
- I did not use a Drip Shield. I was very careful to not spray the mushrooms and none of them looked bruised.
- I ordered spores by mail. Was I stupid to think that I could get good spores by mail?

My feeling is that it was the weather, but any advice would help.

Most importantly, where should I go from here? Where should I get my spores? Thank you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Why didn't I trip? What went wrong? (Anything would help, thanks!) [Re: MrCircuits]
    #4398007 - 07/12/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It wouldn't have to do with growing conditions most likely nutrients or you didn't eat enough how much did you eat?.... grams because 5 shrooms pf tek might not be enough even 20 might not be enough depending on size of cousre, those suckers can be small as hell.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why didn't I trip? What went wrong? (Anything would help, thanks!) [Re: MrCircuits]
    #4398010 - 07/12/05 10:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sometimes it just happens. Your really not going to find an answer...I can tell you that substrate has ALOT to do with potency, and you grew on one of the worst. Spawning to horse poo would get you some really nice results. Theres alot of info on bulk on this site. And if you dont have any good stuff locally, or dont want to hunt it, check out TN Stud on the sponsors page. With horse poo your almost guarenteed POTENT (best youve ever had) every time..still are flukes sometimes.

And you say "you ate a couple" ate a couple what? Hope at least 2 grams...little shrooms dont weigh squat either...you cant really eyeball a dose..so you may have just not eaten much.

Go to the sponsors page and choose any of them to order your spores. Make sure you mention your a member here, most will hook you up with freebies. Guarenteed products either way.

I would highly suggest doing alot of reading here...theres alot of good info in the FAQ and the archieve...everything you could need to know.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4398018 - 07/12/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Get your spores from any of the sponsors.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Why didn't I trip? What went wrong? (Anything would help, thanks!) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4398053 - 07/12/05 11:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Sometimes it just happens. Your really not going to find an answer...I can tell you that substrate has ALOT to do with potency, and you grew on one of the worst. Spawning to horse poo would get you some really nice results. Theres alot of info on bulk on this site. And if you dont have any good stuff locally, or dont want to hunt it, check out TN Stud on the sponsors page. With horse poo your almost guarenteed POTENT (best youve ever had) every time..still are flukes sometimes.

And you say "you ate a couple" ate a couple what? Hope at least 2 grams...little shrooms dont weigh squat either...you cant really eyeball a dose..so you may have just not eaten much.

Go to the sponsors page and choose any of them to order your spores. Make sure you mention your a member here, most will hook you up with freebies. Guarenteed products either way.

I would highly suggest doing alot of reading here...theres alot of good info in the FAQ and the archieve...everything you could need to know.

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Why didn't I trip? What went wrong? (Anything would help, thanks!) [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4398130 - 07/12/05 11:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You pretty much have to eat 35 g wet off PF cakes, they're weaker due to a lack of nutes in BRF..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlinemickeymicmic
word

Re: Why didn't I trip? What went wrong? (Anything would help, thanks!) [Re: Kalix]
    #4398593 - 07/13/05 01:45 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

why dont they mention that the BRF blows for potency? i think that would be important for noobs to know.

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: Why didn't I trip? What went wrong? (Anything would help, thanks!) [Re: mickeymicmic]
    #4398716 - 07/13/05 02:49 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

go to wild oats or any other health food store and buy some oat or wheat bran. bumps the nutes up and is sheap. ore just use rye and csae it.

for the bran i would do 25% bran 25% brf 50% verm and then water till its at field consistency

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Why didn't I trip? What went wrong? (Anything would help, thanks!) [Re: xburn]
    #4398736 - 07/13/05 03:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You didn't eat enough!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates