Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Flipping jars
    #4383957 - 07/08/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, so i have 2 jars that are about 90% now. Theres about one inch of substrate on the bottom and the bottom itself that is not colonized. I just flipped them upside down this AM, should i have just let them go or was i right in flipping them? Thanks, im almost there!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: Flipping jars [Re: coda]
    #4384012 - 07/08/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I usually wait til the myc has just started to colonize the bottom before i flip them. I think that most people dont flip them at all.

Its a personal preference i guess.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Flipping jars [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4384021 - 07/08/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

one jar has a spot larger then an eraserhead but smaller then a penny (shitty description i know) thats on the bottom.  The other one is getting there (rhizo is reaching towards the bottom of the jar where the glass curves).  I read about co2 buildup etc etc, so i just flipped them because of that.  But i got to thinking, if my jars colonized this quickly maybe it would be detrimental to flip them?  I guess ill let em sit like that for another day, if nothing significant happens ill just re flip them :smile:  thanks!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Invisiblethemills
Posts do notindicateIntelligence

#4384028 - 07/08/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

FLipping forces gas exchange so it is a good thing. It wont really matter if you "re flip" them cause you have already forced that gas exchange that will help your colonization finish up.

--------------------
There are 2 possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.
-Enrico Fermi
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sibling Gatling Gun of Looking at All Sides of the Question

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

#4384033 - 07/08/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
one jar has a spot larger then an eraserhead but smaller then a penny (shitty description i know) thats on the bottom.  The other one is getting there (rhizo is reaching towards the bottom of the jar where the glass curves).  I read about co2 buildup etc etc, so i just flipped them because of that.  But i got to thinking, if my jars colonized this quickly maybe it would be detrimental to flip them?  I guess ill let em sit like that for another day, if nothing significant happens ill just re flip them :smile:  thanks!

that'll work  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Happy trails and GL

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Flipping jars [Re: themills]
    #4384036 - 07/08/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

right, but, i guess my question was is it necessary? Ive read that if you had jars that were stalling at 90% you should flip them. These jars werent stalling, they just reached the 90% point and i flipped them.

--------------------

-JG

Invisiblethemills
Posts do notindicateIntelligence

#4384044 - 07/08/05 01:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Couldnt have hurt. :stoned:

--------------------
There are 2 possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.
-Enrico Fermi
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sibling Gatling Gun of Looking at All Sides of the Question

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

#4384166 - 07/08/05 01:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

its not necessary, but ^^ it couldnt hurt.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Flipping jars [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4384434 - 07/08/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

right on, when i check in tommorow and take pics ill see if it really did anything special. If not ill just flip em back and let em finish upright. Thanks for the help!

--------------------

-JG

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate