Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNarcissus
Stranger
More Illawarra Hunting - this time with pics
    #4378292 - 07/07/05 12:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hi guys I was wondering if you could help me again with some IDs,
I'm sorry, these really are some awful pictures, I couldn't tell whether or not it was focussed until I got them on the computer. Anyway, all three species that I found were fairly dry, and smell like ordinary mushrooms. I'm waiting for a print at the moment, and I'll let you know what colour they turn out. No sign of bruising as yet, but this is something I'm still not clear on - does this just mean the colour they turn out if I squeeze them?

1. These I found in some woodlands, in the Illawarra, amongst some small shrubs in the leaves and such.

2. This next lot were found nearby, but were definitely a different type. There was a bit of ocre coloured powder beneath them, I'm not sure if it was their spores or not. The caps have a little bit of a bump in the middle.

3. This one was found near a creek in the grass, with weeds nearby. I've actually seen several similar to this in the area, though the others tended to have strait, long stems, where this one's stem was notably twisted - however, otherwise the stems are much the same, in terms of their consistency - the fibres, etc.
It had become overcast by this stage, so the colours might be a little messed up.

Thanks very much, let me know if you can see any early signs that may identify them, and I'll let you know about the spores and bruising in a couple of hours.
---Narcissus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFootprint
Know it all Knowa
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: More Illawarra Hunting - this time with pics [Re: Narcissus]
    #4378513 - 07/07/05 01:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Bruising is just the color it turns when you handle it, just touching it.

--------------------
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

OfflineNarcissus
Stranger
    #4378816 - 07/07/05 04:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thankyou, I can say then that there has been no bruising.
Well, here are some better pictures, along with the prints. I know there are a list of things I'm supposed to describe, but I think most should be apparent from the photos, and if not, just ask (I don't have immediate access to the mushrooms, which is why I can't just quickly go through all the details).

1. Faint brown print (the print is not here depicted)

2. Ocre print

3. Dark purplish brown print

---Narcissus.

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
    #4379196 - 07/07/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Your last one VERY VAGUELY resembles a subaeruginosa, but not NEARLY clear enough to be sure. I wouldnt bet on it either, but the others are definatley not active. Did the last one bruise at all? *squeeze* the stem. Do not eat any of them, really cant id those pics. Actually, looking closer, it probably is not a sub at all.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4379235 - 07/07/05 09:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The print and the gills are orange.... That rules it out.

None of your mushrooms are of interest unfortuently.

OfflineNarcissus
Stranger
Re: More Illawarra Hunting - this time with pics [Re: angryshroom]
    #4382814 - 07/08/05 03:13 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

OK, thanks once again, I guess I'll just have to keep looking. I found a few very small mushrooms in the rainforest that looked similar to those in your avatar, Otto, but due to their number and size I thought it best to leave them there for the time being.
Just out of curiosity, do you know what type of mushrooms these are, even though they arn't of much interest?

Edited by Narcissus (07/08/05 03:18 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds