Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Anticipation: New Moon in Cancer.
    #4373831 - 07/05/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Cancer New Moon - July 6, 2005
by Stephanie Austin, M.A.
Click here for chart.

The charts for this lunation is set on the natural wheel with 0? Aries rising. All references to Sabian symbols are from Dane Rudhyar, An Astrological Mandala: The Cycle of Transformations and Its 360 Symbolic Phases, New York: Vintage Books, 1973.

It's time to make your New Moon wishes for Cancer. What "waters" you? Where is home? Who's family? How do you recharge yourself? Where this New Moon falls in your chart is where you are ready for a long in-breath, a deep infusion, a long drink of nourishment. We're often drowning in information, overstimulated and running on empty. What is your body trying to tell you? Is your inner child screaming? Is your inner parent screaming back? Who said life had to be this way?

Two weeks ago, the Sun entered the sign of the Moonchild. What have we seen and learned since then? What have we changed? Mars in Aries squares this New Moon, as he squared the last Full Moon. The mythic God of War is still opposite Jupiter, the Sky God, still urging us to act courageously on our convictions while remaining compassionate and open-minded. What we see depends on where we stand. Taking a long walk or having a long talk can open our eyes and our sense of possibilities. Jovial Jupiter reminds us that the sky is the limit and that we create our own ceilings and our own ruts.

This New Moon forms at 15?, the middle of Cancer, the center of the yin, receptive, feminine energy. Neptune at 17? Aquarius quincunxes the Sun and Moon, pointing his trident toward extending our sense of family, enlarging our circle of friends, and collaborating rather than competing with colleagues. Someone once said we didn't come over on the same ship, but we're all in the same boat. Neptune reminds us that we are all subject to tides of emotions; tsunamis of change show us that we are many and we are One. Uranus at 11? Pisces trines the New Moon and offers much the same message: We are not alone. Things are not what they appear to be. There are no strangers, only friends we haven't yet met.

Uranus also tightly quincunxes Mercury and Venus in Leo. Quincunxes (aspects of 150?) call for an adjustment in attitude or strategy, a subtle but critical shift that makes all the difference. Leo knows it's special. Pisces knows it's everything. Leo says: Celebrate your life! Sing your song; act out your script. Pisces says: Remember you are the particle and the wave, the finite and the infinite. Shine your light, and help everyone else to shine theirs.

If your light has dimmed, think back three months. On April 8, there was a solar eclipse at 19? Aries. A few days after this New Moon, on July 11, the Sun comes to 19? Cancer and squares that degree, nudging us to move toward the new directions that opened up back then. Eclipse points remain sensitive to transits for at least six months, until the next set of eclipses - especially if they activate a sensitive point in our chart (our Sun or Moon, the Ascendant or other angles, a singleton planet, etc.).

Saturn begins his once-every-29-years journey through Leo on July 16. Edgar Cayce called Saturn the planet of change. Saturn transits do appear to back us into the corners of our psyches, pin us to the wall, make us cry Uncle - not to punish us or give us a hard time, but to show us where we have imprisoned ourselves. So, what does Saturn in Leo want for us? To take our power seriously. To remember that each of us is a Creator and that we are fully responsible for our own reality. To see where we have abdicated our authority, where we allow others to define our self-worth. To manifest our unique gifts. To create from Love rather than fear. (Saturn was last in Leo from September 17, 1975 to January 15, 1976 and from June 5, 1976 to November 17, 1977. Its next passage through Leo is from July 16, 2005 to September 2, 2007.)

The Sabian symbol for 15? Cancer suggests that it's time to savor life, socialize with like-minded souls, and go on to the next level: "In a sumptuous dining hall guests relax after partaking of a huge banquet .."materialization of the spiritual." Use the magic of this New Moon to enjoy where you are now and to evaluate where you'd like to go next. Abraham Lincoln's words are still fitting for this century: "I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have."

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Anticipation: New Moon in Cancer. [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4374101 - 07/05/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Did you know that since the time astrology was invented 2000 years ago, all the stars have slowly drifted over by one sign. If you think you're an Aries, you are actually a Taurus.

Don't believe me? Look it up for yourself.

Your sign is the position of the Sun on the ecliptic on the day you were born. Go to a book store and pick up a copy of any current astronomical almanac. Look up the position of the Sun on your birthday, you will find it differs from your natal chart by 30 degrees, or one entire sign. This is because natal charts are based on 2000 year old star positions which have drifted over time and are now incorrect.

Astrologers never mention this because it would fuck up their $ystem.

Details here: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4137306/an//page//vc/1

Sidenote: ironically, 2012 proponents, who are usually also astrology proponents, use the very same drift they ignore in astrology to point out that there will be a conjunction in 2012 causing the end of the world (or a consciousness shift, or a photon belt, or a fill-in-the-blank depending on which nut you ask).

The True Believer, unwilling to think critically or to look things up for themselves, blindly accepts what the astrologer says without looking into it because they so desperately want it to be true.

And while I'm at it, not one single test of the predictive powers of astrology has ever found the slightest shred of evidence that it works. Every test quoted to me by a True Believer invariably fails to use controls, double-blind methodology, or peer-review. This renders the True Believers evidence base indistinguishable from researcher bias and therefore meaningless.

If astrology proponents believe with conviction, then why don't they do a proper study and prove it to the skeptics. Every True Skeptic will immediately sit up and listen if a proper test of astrology finds the tiniest inkling that it works.  :thumbdown:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Anticipation: New Moon in Cancer. [Re: Diploid]
    #4374130 - 07/05/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i believe you, thats where the common saying of the 13 signs of astrology comes into play.  i romise i have been exposed to this information before :smile:

there are different types of astrology, and to each their own on the method they are entrusting.

its all for entertainment diploid.  all for fun, not for reliance.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
    #4374152 - 07/05/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My name wrongly pronounced and astrological symbol suggests I'll have cancer in my poop chute.

If that happens I'll shave my head and become a Scientologist.

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4374174 - 07/05/05 11:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

its all for entertainment diploid. all for fun, not for reliance.

It may be just fun for you, but there are lots of people who take this stuff seriously (former president of the United States, Ronald Reagan!) and who use it to guide their lives (and the nation!).

Irrational beliefs are harmful to all of us and they should be opposed. They are what sanction the oppression of gay people by the church, what insists that religion (creation) be taught to kids in biology class, what sanctions suicide bombers in the Middle East, and they are why we have draconian laws that put people in prison for smoking a weed.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (07/06/05 04:05 PM)

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4374570 - 07/06/05 01:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Where is home? Who's family? How do you recharge yourself? Where this New Moon falls in your chart is where you are ready for a long in-breath, a deep infusion, a long drink of nourishment. We're often drowning in information, overstimulated and running on empty. What is your body trying to tell you? Is your inner child screaming? Is your inner parent screaming back? Who said life had to be this way?

Gah! the water... who likes to wade in the murky waters? I'm more busy thinking about bursting into flames to vape anything that comes close and puts me cold, than I am trying to deal with the many sides of reality accepting that water is addressed in my subconscious.

Quote:

Someone once said we didn't come over on the same ship, but we're all in the same boat.

:thumbup:

Quote:

Leo says: Celebrate your life! Sing your song; act out your script. Pisces says: Remember you are the particle and the wave, the finite and the infinite. Shine your light, and help everyone else to shine theirs.

Soooo true.

Quote:

So, what does Saturn in Leo want for us? To take our power seriously.

I've been dreaming about it already... can it be this fickle, to have your mind act on the subconscious stars that circle us at light speed? Can it be this simple, to tune into what you really feel and overcome the black hole feeding the void?

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder