Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerungi
journeymana

Another new psilocybe(pics)
    #437157 - 10/25/01 11:58 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

A collection of a potent species that is not documented by any known mycological source. I thinkt many new hallucinogenic species exist, and are currently evolving as bridges between similar species adapting to different nutrientional and environmental stimulations. By the way, the Conocybe cyanopus have still been comming up in the pre mentioned area. If someone knows where to find a source for the identity of this species of psilocybe it would be great to post a reference to it. It may be documented somewhere. who knows? This is a document, so if you find this mushoom you can eat it safely, however it definitely contains active compounds of creation.

Edited by rungi (10/26/01 01:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Another new psilocybe(pics) [Re: rungi]
    #437516 - 10/26/01 09:18 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Although this appears to be a Psilocybe mushroom, you must remember that there are a 122 Psilocybe mushrooms in the genera which are not psychoactive.

It actually resembles more of a psathyrella or a Stropharia than a psilocybe.

Have a shroomy day and it is not a potent species. You can send any mushrooms to any mycological society for identification. they are more than willing to id any species you might bring to their attention. If you want taxonomy or analysis most universities charge between 200.00 to 400.00 dollars to examine.

Have a sshroomy day.

mj

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Another new psilocybe(pics) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #437571 - 10/26/01 10:42 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'd have to say that it is indeed a psilocybe, and just by looking at it and spotting a bit of blue on the stem as well as the cap margin, I'd say it is definitely active. Just from the few posts from rungi that I've read, I would say he knows if its active or not, and if he says it is I belive him.

--------------------

Offlinerungi
journeymana

Re: Another new psilocybe(pics) [Re: Lizard King]
    #437623 - 10/26/01 11:54 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

well it does not have a veil, the cap is viscid, the cap has a removable pelicle, the taste and smell are the similar as cyans and cubensis, sporeprint is dark purple, the mushroom bruises blue, upon drying hygrophaneously the mushrooms bruise entirely blue in many speciemans. These are characteristics of psilocybe genera. What would be the purpose of paying 2 to 4 hundread dollars. It seems like the mycologist who charge these prices are like the people who have your sporeprint. (half the time they have a different or wrong mushoom for the name) It's BS I agree with curtis lloyd on the naming of mushrooms. (i don't know why i said that it had nothing to do wiht what i was talking about) One wants to name a mushroom their egos name. lol Whats it to me you know one looks at a mushoom and know what it is wihtout language to describe what is preknow. Pictures help tremendously in identification of mushrooms and many resons people can't figure out what a document mushrooms is seems to be because of pictures not be taken from a close enought distance. These field guide writers should really try to take closer pictures instead of copying each others descriptions and pictures. like i have the authority to tell what one should do or not. everbody have a great day. hopefully, we can all get the hell out of this place and going to go take a swim in the lake as soon as it stops raining. Immortal peace. forest is still yellow 13

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#437915 - 10/26/01 05:50 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

looks like a lib to me man.they come in many shapes and sizes.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #437918 - 10/26/01 05:55 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I hate to say this.... But these pics remind me a little of Lizard King's "find" in Georgia. Not exactly the same but, as the previous member pointed out: they got a bit of that Liberty Cap look going on.... (not as obvious as LK's Georgia find however)

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (10/27/01 07:11 PM)

Offlinerungi
journeymana

Re: Another new psilocybe(pics) [Re: Jammer]
    #437941 - 10/26/01 06:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Jammer these are from Washington state.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #438061 - 10/26/01 09:51 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Looks like Psilocybe strictipes to me, which was once classifyed as a variant of Psilocybe semilanceata. Dry a couple of herbarium quality specimens, take a spore print and I'll confirm it for free.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Another new psilocybe(pics) [Re: Workman]
    #438514 - 10/27/01 12:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Jammer, that was me who the new psilocybe in GA, rungi is in washington state.

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (10/27/01 12:40 PM)

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #438814 - 10/27/01 07:10 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry about that guys! I mis-worded my responce (I have since edited it). Yea, I realized that you two guys were diferent people, I just didnt catch my "boo boo" when I proofed read my responce. Shesh, I re-read what I wrote at least three times and didnt catch it! hehe... Once again, I realized that you were two diferent members. ' just fucked up the wording, thats all.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Another new psilocybe(pics) [Re: Jammer]
    #439247 - 10/28/01 11:36 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Well I apologize, they are as Workman said, Psilocybe strictipes. I checked several photos in my slidde collection. They take twenty or so shrooms for a mild to medium high.

Try to post what state or country one is from. Again, a great little score for you. Congradulations.

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Mj

Offlinerungi
journeymana

Re: Another new psilocybe(pics) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #440715 - 10/29/01 01:19 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

south puget sound, washington. This is good new because they are contiuning to grow. can't take pictures for a while don't have use of a camerea for a while. peace
forestyellow

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate