Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
fish and frogs
    #4360368 - 07/01/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I didn't want to post this on science forum because as far as I can see it's just a bunch of people talking about their computer parts. And it can be connected to S&P so..

can anyone who believes in the theory of evolution explain this to me:

why do we after billions of years of evolution still have one-cell organisms, fish, frogs, etc.? Why didn't they evolve into us?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: fish and frogs [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4360394 - 07/01/05 04:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

because they didn't need to. Evolution occurs when adaptation *needs* to occur to avoid extinction. Frogs get by just fine in the world, and up until the point that the environment is completely unsuitable for them, they will be around.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: fish and frogs [Re: vampirism]
    #4360404 - 07/01/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

but in times when ALL creatures were living in the watter, accoarding to what you say they had to move out of watter or they would die (they did it out of need) so why didn't those who stayed in watter die?

and why did some monocellular organism evolve into multicellular organisms and some didn't?

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #4360475 - 07/01/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Why were there minds as great as Tesla, Newton and Einstein, and the majority of people are still dumbfucks?

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: fish and frogs [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4360511 - 07/01/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Minds like those didn't form a new breed

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4360529 - 07/01/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

no, because not all members of the species would be in one place. It's been shown that when there were lots of unconnected lands in the world, there was a maximum of species #.

If all WERE in one place, then yes, you;re right- they should all die out if they don't change.

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
Re: fish and frogs [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4360535 - 07/01/05 04:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, evolution acts upon the process of natural selection. If an organism develops an adaptation (mutation) that allows it to pass on its genetic material via reproduction with less difficulty it is likely that adaptation will remain to be passed on to further generations. Because not all organisms in a population X will be subject to mutation X-1 they will continue to reproduce their population X while population X-1 grows (or dies off) separately. Population X-1 may have another beneficial mutation that could potentially result in population X-1-1 while population X may have another mutation that will branch off to population X-2 and so on. Provided that the competition between the various X populations does not result in the extinction of any distinct population they will continue to exist in their original form, occasionally shooting off various successful and unsuccessful mutated variations.

Hope that explains it for you.

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: fish and frogs [Re: vampirism]
    #4360550 - 07/01/05 05:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

So our human roots are a genetic line that has changed from one cell organisms to outselfs in the same period of time in which some organisms have not changed for billions of years? Then how did those singe cellular organisms survive in the new evnironment (they live everywhere on earth), the same new environments that forced them to develop into humans

How can unadopet and adopted organisms live in the same place?
What is the whole point of adopting then?

--------------------

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
    #4360588 - 07/01/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The environment didn't "force" anything. Mutation occurs wherever reproduction occurs. Mutations that are beneficial will be more likely to reproduce themselves.

Re-read what I said. It addresses everything.

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4361462 - 07/01/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

So our human roots are a genetic line that has changed from one cell organisms to outselfs in the same period of time in which some organisms have not changed for billions of years?

Yes. The vast majority of mutations cause the immediate death of the creature, but once in a while, a mutation provides a slight advantage.

So, one day, a mutation in one of those single-celled critters caused it to find a new niche in the environment where it was able to reproduce a little better than its brother single-celled organism. They were the same species at that point, but gravitated toward, say, a slightly more acid part of the pond where their competitors didn't function well.

After many generations, the beneficial mutation was amplified until the creatures on the acidic side of the pond became a different species.

The original species, if it was well adapted, continued happily along, and the new branch on the evolutionary tree continued along a different path.

Multiply this scenario over billions of generations and millions of branch splits and eventually you get OldWoody and friends.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #4361546 - 07/01/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the reason things didnt evolve is cause we need things to eat. if everything evolved the same way at the same time then we would just eat each other into extinction.

let me give you an example of modern day evolution (caused by man). in areas that elephants were hunted (lets just say this place is africa) for there tusks the males born without tusks would survive (they would usually not be able to reproduce cause they couldnt fight for a mate). so then the tuskless males became dominate and breed there mutated gene and made more tuskless males that survived. so now tuskless males outnumber tusked males. they both exist but theyre not the same.

lets say that laws didnt protect the elephants nowadays, eventually there would be no more tusked males. so now people are like fuck we cant get there tusks anymore. hmmmmm there feet make good trash cans, lets get there feet. so now people are hunting them for there feet. so now the smaller quicker elephants can get away while the big ones are shit out of luck. so over time this giant has grown smaller and faster, and lost its giant ears (they created to much drag). this can go on and on untill you have a species that doesnt even look like the original species, thus something else.

but, they still have elephants in asia

hope that makes sense

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder