Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

PES Hawaiin
    #435906 - 10/24/01 08:37 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone ever tripped on these before?
What was the eperience like?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInsomnia
addict
Re: PES Hawaiin [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #436377 - 10/25/01 10:30 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I have. Actually, they were from my first grow about 2 years back.

I ate 3.5 grams dry, and the experience lasted several hours. Good high, but the major drawback was body effects. I don't care for buzzing in the wrists and knees (body noise) or feeling really hot through the whole trip. The PES Hawaiians did that, so I never grew them again.

And the comdown was a bit dirty for my taste. When everything came to normal, I was left feeling sort of empty. Now, I've never had a comedown as clean as the Cambodians. Nice, intense experience all around at 3.0 dry grams, and I was able to do whatever after the trip ended.

Just one man's opinion.

--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: PES Hawaiin [Re: Insomnia]
    #436501 - 10/25/01 12:58 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hey thanks for the info.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: PES Hawaiin [Re: Insomnia]
    #437178 - 10/26/01 12:21 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

o man, i've bean hearin lots of good things about those cambodians - i only hope i sent out the e-mail to change my choice from thailand-koh samui to cambodians... u ever grown the thai's 'n how are they?

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleInsomnia
addict
Re: PES Hawaiin [Re: geokills]
    #437599 - 10/26/01 11:22 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Honestly, most Cubensis varieties are the same. I think the genetics in the PES Hawaiians I grew were so diluted by the vendor that they just sucked.

But Cambos are good to work with. I haven't grown Thais, but I remember their debut some time ago, and haven't heard too many bad things.

--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#437600 - 10/26/01 11:23 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well the Thai ks
Grow fast and pin easily pretty potent too.
The trip is intense but not all that visual in my opinion
still good stuff though
This is all second hand knowledge....

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #438272 - 10/27/01 02:33 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I have found the thai - lipa yai strain to be great - nice trip and beautiful shroomies although a little small.. I think that older strains just seem a little crap, slower colonisation, slower to pin and more shape changers...

--------------------

OfflineAxiom420
ADDICT

Loc: in the forest, behind the...
    #442587 - 10/30/01 10:55 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

ah yes...the PES.
yeah there is a body buzz, not necessarily bad.
one advantage is that they fruit quickly.

--------------------
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #442970 - 10/31/01 09:43 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thai-koh are very easy to work with. They do takea little more time to colonize than EQ's or treasure coast, but they are tough as nails. The trip is like most others and the yield is good too. I think you are best in growing a strain that matches your climate or growing conditions closest. I personally like the thais for always coming through. Again though Ecuadors are the fastest I have seen with a nice size fruit...Grow them all, it's a fun hobby....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: PES Hawaiin [Re: egolesss]
    #443565 - 10/31/01 07:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

coo.. i've tried south american's before but they got contams... now i'm givin it another try but now i'm doin it in my dorm closet and i can't have a very elaborate setup - i'm gonna use the shroom wizards casing method mainly because it doesn't use a terarrium and the soil will give it some extra nutrients (probably be a little better than verm only, no?)  i'm livin in santa barbara on the west coast (the beach is a 5 minute walk) so it's fairly cold around here (mid 60's most the time) and also a fair amt of moisture in the air.  so you think i should stick with the thai's?  i was thinkin of maybe gettin cambodians instead but they're bein sent out tomorrow so i gots to get advise quick :wink:.. thnks!

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #443637 - 10/31/01 08:43 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Either strain is fine. But, if you case it's all or nothing, so don't put all your eggs in one basket. ..Case like this and you will rarely fail.....Say you do 10 jars and 9 make it, case them in 3's into small containers(WITH STRAIGHT VERMICULITE)..Put these 3 containers into a $4.00 rubbermaid container and do not open until your happy with the overlay then fan and never mist during pinning, matter of fact only mist lightly when you first case then leave them alone....Straight verm right out of the vacume sealed bags are clean and work great..Also make sure your fans are off and you are clean when casing because your body drops spores off your dead skin, this is trichadermia or the horrid green mold and thats impossible to destroy......I give it 3 months and you'll have more mushrooms than you know what to do with,,seriously..

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: PES Hawaiin [Re: egolesss]
    #443904 - 10/31/01 08:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

after thinkin about it i believe i will go with verm only.  i wanted to ask you to elaborate a little on your advise though.  from what i'm thinking i'll do the following (please feel free to point out my idiocy, i've only done this once before :wink:):

- buy *4* small containers (i got 12 jars... if a few fail then i'll just use 3 containers)

- sterilize some verm and put a 1 inch moistened layer on the bottom

- crumble cakes to make a 3 in. colonized layer

- put another 1/2 in. of moisetened verm on the top.

so i'm supposed to buy a big enough rubbermaid container to hold all my casings and leave them in there from the casing day until they have enough mycel poking through the casing layer? 

after that I fan it daily and put a light on it for a few hours a day to initiate pinning correct?  then they're just supposed to start pumpin me out shrooms...  when i'm happy with them i harvest and then replace clean verm into the holes that may have been made from the harvest, spray down the casing to moisten it up again and then what should i do for further flushes? 

so these shrooms will really get enough humidity from the verm casing layer?  what if they get dry?  just a light mist? 

additionally, i have to shut down operation in 6.5 weeks.  i know it's gonna be tight on time and i probably won't be able to wait around for multiple flushes, so should i just make like 6 jars and innoculate with twice the amount of spores in each to speed colonization?  or should i just do all 12 jars and make my substrate layer very thick (like 4 in.), cause i've heard that can lead to large flushes - which i guess is what i want since i'll only be able to see one or two :tongue:.  any tips on how to speed up this whole process would be greatly appreciated... i'm goin with the thai koh's and i've heard they are a pretty quick strain so at least i got that in my favor. 

thanks for the help!  thanks for the recommendation egolesss :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#443909 - 10/31/01 08:36 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

also, when the trays are first cased i should keep them covered with a cover or foil or somethin until i want to initiate pinning?  and what's a good sign that it's time to initiate pinning... heh, sorry for all these q's, i failed my first time (not my fault actually, contam syringe so all jars failed before i got a chance to case)  so i just want to make sure i can be as comprehensive as possible so that i can have a very merry christmas :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #444078 - 10/31/01 11:09 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

You sound like your gonna have no problem. What I meant by the containers is, you can get a few small .aluminum containers dirt cheap to case in and use a larger rubbermaid contain as you terrarium. The rubbermaid containers are not completely air tight but will keep the casing protected. The whole idea being to seperate some of the crubled cakes so if one casing fails they won't all be lost. A few other things, you don't need a bottom verm layer if the container isn't transparent (no worry about pins growing downward). Vermiculite is not living, so if you get an airtite bag of it like sta-green or other brand, you don't need to sterilize it. * Few other tips, make sure cakes are fully colonized, all will not be ready at the same time. Giive the finished cakes a few days extra to be safe. When you cruble cakes use a clean baggy or zipplock not your hands. Don't over mist your casing, don't peak at your casing alot..Don't mist during pinning .Also read up on printing so you will have free prints for next time.....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures