Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCiscoKid
Stranger
Question For Experienced Lucid Dreamers.
    #4326929 - 06/22/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Recently I have been reading up on and becomming interested in lucid dreaming. I have had a few lucid dreams, but have had trouble maintining lucidity. I have read some things on the internet about making dreams more lucid. For example...in one dream I was walking home and somethning seemed strange, so i decided to do a reality check...i looked at an address of a house i had walked by..looked away and then looked again...and the numbers hand changed.

I became excited and instantly realized i had been dreaming...it then seemed like i was slowly being pulled away from my realization, then i remembered something i read online. I shouted the words "BECOME LUCID" and as i said that...my voice became very loud and echoed all over. Everything then became very lucid and i was very aware that i was dreaming...however i did not have complete control. I tried jumping in the air and flying and i would fall to the ground...I tried several times with no success.

I then, looked up and saw telephone wires...I reached up in the air, grabbed them and they swung me hundreds of feet in the air, up and down. I could control certain things but not everything. There are so many things i would like to experience in lucid dreaming, but i need some advice. So my questions are
1.) Does any one have any other advice on how to become more lucid? 2.) How do I gain more control once becoming fully lucid
3.) OBE's and astral projection, is this possible in lucid dreaming, if so, what are some methods?

or any other comments or suggestions you would like to add feel free...

any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Edited by CiscoKid (06/22/05 11:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Question For Experienced Lucid Dreamers. [Re: CiscoKid]
    #4326944 - 06/22/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Tips for maintaining lucidity

1.) Spin around (you don't get dizzy, that's more an inner ear thing). It'll help

2.) Rub your hands together

I have no idea about the OBE's and such.

I'm not much for lucid dreaming maintenance either. I normally get way too excited once I realize I'm dreaming and I lose it.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4327402 - 06/23/05 01:28 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the more you lucid dream, the better you get at it, and the better you control things.

i've come to the conclusion that being able to control things in dreams means belieiving that you can. for example, if you weren't able to fly, it means that in your mind there were still doubts about your ability to do so. or your mind was still accustomed to real life and real physical laws.

but you can always find ways to trick your mind. for example, if you aren't able to believe that you can fly, you can always try to believe that you have rocket propellers at your shoes. then you'll fly.

i had the same problem as you did at first, i would jump in the air and just fall back on the ground. but then som1 else gave me the advice i gave you and it immediately worked.

flying is incredible. you'll get better at it the more you do it as well. enjoy!

--------------------

OfflineCiscoKid
Stranger
Re: Question For Experienced Lucid Dreamers. [Re: exclusive58]
    #4401896 - 07/13/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Great suggestion Exclusive! A while later after reading your post, I had another dream where I became lucid. I tried flying, but again with no success, until I remembered what your words of wisdom. I looked to my right and saw a box...and thought...those are where my rocket shoes are. I strapped those bad boys on and sure enough, I was soarin through the air in no time...it was...like you said incredible! I could only reach a certain distance but still it was an amazing experience. It was weird how I didnt even have to think about how they would work and didnt have to tell my self "this is how they are going to work"...and "this is how im going to fly"...as soon as I put them on I was flying instantly...with out even thinking about it. Thanks for the advice!

Any one else have any neat ideas for lucid dreaming?/

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #4402093 - 07/14/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I enjoy conversing with people about their lucid dreams, and one thing I have figured out on my own, is that almost everybody has a very certain way of flying, usually including body posturing.
In my lucid dreams, to fly, I kind of have to get a running start and then jump, other people I have heard do a superman thing, or like a boosting kind of thing.
Lucid dreaming isnt just realizing you are dreaming, it also has a lot to do with shaking off the conditioned restraints of waking life.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Question For Experienced Lucid Dreamers. [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4402206 - 07/14/05 01:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

"it then seemed like i was slowly being pulled away from my realization"

I've had similar occurances I think.. To me its like my subconscious is trying to trick me back to sleep or something by bringing new things and events into the dream

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Question For Experienced Lucid Dreamers. [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4402555 - 07/14/05 06:13 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

When I fly in dreams I ususlly start by spinning slowly off the ground and then increasing the spin until I am flying. :cool:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineWaldarbeiter
can you eat it?

Loc: woods of lower bavaria
Re: Question For Experienced Lucid Dreamers. [Re: Icelander]
    #4408053 - 07/15/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This is how I start flying:
I slowly let myself fall backwards --> then I hover in the air. By trying to get up (like when you get up in the morning) I am flying.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order