Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedaedalus_9
Stranger
Camping trip report
    #4326408 - 06/22/05 08:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hi all. I'm a new poster but definately not a stranger to these boards. Trip Tips is by far my favorite area so I thought I'd share my trip report with all of you. Hope you enjoy the read:

After almost a year and a half, I had studied, researched, and grown my first batch of mushies. The plan was to take them on an upcoming camping trip. So last weekend I went out to Grand Bend for some fine camping at the Pinery.

I went with three other friends: Adam, Josh, and Jamie. None of us had done shrooms before, save Josh and Jamie who had taken under a 1/2 gram a long time ago, so no one knew what to expect. Josh is diabetic and was a bit concerned that he might have trouble remembering to check his sugar and eat at the right time, but I assured him that he would be ok.

Saturday dawned as a nice clear day and after eating a good breakfast and waiting 2 or 3 hours, we all dropped about 2.3 grams with good bit of OJ at 11:30 in our tent. I had powdered the doses earlier so that we would all get the same relative potency. Right after we gulped them down we lit up a few Js to settle our nerves.

After 15 mins I started to feel that this was no ordinary stone and we all were laughing and giggling excitedly. At this point we exited the tent and sat around the fire pit. Right in front of where my lounge chair was a great view of a green meadow filled with yellow and orange flowers. We were discussing how many different shades of green there is when Jamie decided to go to the beach. I was going to go with at first but I changed my mind feeling that this come-up was too important to leave the main group yet.

Once Jamie left the three of us turned our eyes to the clouds. There were only a few clouds in the sky but it seemed like each cloud was made of several different layers that were constantly moving in random directions but actually never going anywhere. The predominant layer appeared to segment into geometric patterns that contained swirling clouds. We watched that with open mouths for a while and then turned our attention back to the crawling trees and soft fuzzy grass. I started to feel uncomfortable in my own body and felt like I needed to get out of it. "Sensory overload" was a phrase that came to mind but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. Adam and Josh were having similar feelings.

Now Jamie came back and was trying to recruit more people for another beach expedition. It was supposed to be some good shit so I went with him to the beach. As we walked along I was taking everything in but he was in a hurry so I felt like I was always lagging behind. We reached the beach and I couldn't believe my eyes. Standing where I was I overlooked the entire beach area. There was about 700 ft of sand dunes directly in front of me and then the beach was right after. The sky above the water was completely clear except for a large cloud front above the water many miles away. It was windy by the beach so there were a lot of waves as well. The view took on a horizontal layered look. The water and sky made up tens of different shades of graduated blue; the darkest shade was where the water met the sky. My eyes seemed to open up to take in the entire scene; it was like looking at infinity and eternity at once, something that was very humbling.

My interests started to wander to the objects around me. The sand looked like it was alive. Individual grains of sand combined with others to make centipede-like "sandworms" that crawled around. Birds hung motionless in the air as they let the strong winds carry them. The sun's brightness was directly tied in to my emotions. When it was bright, I was very cheerful, but when a cloud came by I would become more somber and thoughtful.

By this time I was having the hardest time carrying any sort of conversation with Jamie. Our minds were too busy with different trippy thoughts. My thoughts and physical feelings were getting harder and harder to manage. I would lick my lips and as I got to the corner of my mouth it felt as if my mouth was being stretched several feet out to the side, I found it unpleasant.

I started to feel a bit selfish keeping all this beauty to myself so I decided to leave the "shores of eternity" and bring the rest of my friends. I found Jamie and went back to the campsite. As soon as I got there I could see the cloud of doom hanging over the site. I went up to Adam and he looked up at me with a distressed face and said, "Daddy's having a bad trip". Turns out that the shift in reality had been too much for him and he had puked. Josh had gone into the tent and was tripping bad as well. He was going insane from worrying about his blood sugar. Boom, I could feel my whole mood do a 180. Right away I knew I had to get away from the campsite. I mumbled some kind of apology for leaving to Adam and walked back to the beach again with Jamie. From this point the whole trip just spiraled downward for everybody. Everyone got separated from each other and met up again at random points.

I started to feel worse and worse. All the beliefs that my life had revolved around before didn't seem to matter anymore. Nothing mattered anymore, not good, not evil, not even life because it was SO hard on my soul just to exist in the moment. Life became a very trivial matter cause all it was was a cycle of living and dying. There was no more meaning to life because all the secrets of the universe had shown themselves to me. I was an all knowing god and it was lonely. I looked at my watch, it was 2:something. I knew there was a lot more hurting left to go through so I did the best I could. I kept changing my surroundings by wandering around the woods babbling like a crazy person: "Just keep it together", "It's just the mushrooms", "I didn't know before, but now I know" "It'll be over soon". I knew that I would feel better soon but at the same time it made no difference because even if I felt better, later the universe would be just as meaningless, even if I didn't think so by then.

I went back to the campsite once the woods got too scary. Josh was still in the tent and I wasn't about to go in there, that tent was pure evil. I had a smoke, drank some water, I even tried to put on some tunes in my car but it was just too weird in there. Finally Jamie came around and Josh asked if he could come out of the tent. We said it was a "good" idea. Josh kept on trying to test his blood sugar over and over because he was still in that thought loop so me and Jamie tried our best to stop him when he tried. He must have pricked his finger 20 times during that time. Even when he took a reading we couldn't make sense of the numbers. It was like when someone would ask the time; "What time is it?" *3 minutes later*, "2:30", *another pause* "2:30??? What does that mean?"

Eventually we all started to level out and the universe wasn't AS meaningless as it had been. I will never forget the next part: Me, Josh, and Jamie were still sitting by the fire pit talking each other up and Adam comes swaggering into the campsite with his shirt wrapped around his head like a hippy from the 70s and says, "What's up bitches?!" I almost fell outta my chair laughing as well as everyone else. That was the beginning of a good ?rest of the day?. We right away lit up a couple more Js and smoked the rest of the night away while talking about our ordeal. It turns out that after Adam was done being sick he went and lay in the sun for a few hours and got really burnt on his face. It was all good though, we were just happy to be back in a more manageable reality.

So I can't say that I wish I didn't have that trip. It was an eye-opening experience and it really did have a fun start but I'm not certain why it was bad for everyone. My theory is that the shrooms were far too potent. My first flush of shrooms was mostly aborts which made up at least a 1/3 of out doses. Plus the fact that the shrooms where powdered and eaten with OJ caused the come up to be very fast and intense.

I'm going back to shroom land again but not for a while. Or maybe I'll go back sooner than I think. But it will definitely be on a milder doses until I am more experienced. Thanks for reading and feel free to give any advice you have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Camping trip report [Re: daedalus_9]
    #4326562 - 06/22/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Great report, you really communicated some of those unique triping sensastions well.  I can relate to group dynamics having drastic effects on your mood while tripping... I'm definitely done with large-group trips unless I keep the dose below 1.7 or so. 

Funny thing is, I tried it alone, and struggled with the loneliness for a large portion of the experinece.  I think groups of 2-3 people who are close enough to function without the social games intact are the ideal.  My girlfriend and I can get really far out there and 'let go' without having to worry, "Should I be helping her?  Is it this bad for so and so?  I can handle this, but I wonder if ____ can?"  All this stuff is the ego clinging on to a small portion of your mind.  Small groups are key!

Oh yea, and that stretchy mouth feeling, I can definitely relate.  I dislike those weird somatic effects too, its like there's a delay in the feeling-feedback mechanism, so you feel the textures of things you touched a second ago, or can't seem to figure out where your jaw is at the moment :tongue:

Great report, really :thumbup: :sun:

--------------------

Offlinedrugsaregood
PhD B+
 User Gallery

Re: Camping trip report [Re: Noviseer]
    #4326577 - 06/22/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

1-2 people is all I can handle sometimes. Even two other people brings group dynamics into a sensitive situation and can swing a trip in so many directions.

--------------------
For "incoherent dribble" (drivel) try www.dictionary.com

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need

Offlinedaedalus_9
Stranger
Re: Camping trip report [Re: drugsaregood]
    #4328776 - 06/23/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the kind words Noviseer. I really did try to give the reader a good idea of how I felt. I totally can relate to the "worrying about others" thought cycle. I really think that you have to be very selfish at rough points. Worry was definately my worst enemy.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4329359 - 06/23/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What things did you realize when you were an "all knowing God?"
What did you know "then", that you didn't know before?

Great report, awesome job!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: Camping trip report [Re: mecreateme]
    #4330195 - 06/23/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Excellent report...I love coherent, well-written trip reports. Many of your experiences are something I can compare and study with mine. Well done.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

OfflineUnit_134679
Mind Expanding
Male

Loc: North Carolina
    #4330503 - 06/23/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

daedalus_9 said:
There was about 700 ft of sand dunes directly in front of me and then the beach was right after. The sky above the water was completely clear except for a large cloud front above the water many miles away. It was windy by the beach so there were a lot of waves as well. The view took on a horizontal layered look. The water and sky made up tens of different shades of graduated blue; the darkest shade was where the water met the sky. My eyes seemed to open up to take in the entire scene; it was like looking at infinity and eternity at once, something that was very humbling.

Simply amazing. Just reading that makes me want to do shrooms even more :smile:, haha. Great report, very detailed, I enjoyed reading every bit of it. I would like to know what revealations you had when you were an omnious God, it would be interesting to hear. Great report once again :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract