Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTREOS
Stranger
If i tend to trip on just weed, should i shroom?
    #4323945 - 06/22/05 07:52 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

When i smoke a lot people with me always say that i look like I'm tripping, and for me I'll admit, it is a pretty crazy experience. I want to try mushies wicked bad and i have a date all set aside where my house is empty for the night and a few kids will join me. They're just afraid that the shrooms might be too strong for me.
What do you think???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: If i tend to trip on just weed, should i shroom? [Re: TREOS]
    #4323951 - 06/22/05 07:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

its an entirely different drug. just because you're sensitive to one drug doesn't mean you'll be sensitive to any other. if you're really worried, just do a smaller dose than everyone else.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: If i tend to trip on just weed, should i shroom? [Re: TREOS]
    #4324005 - 06/22/05 08:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I agree. Just eat a half eighth or so, and see how that goes.

--------------------

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: If i tend to trip on just weed, should i shroom? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4324042 - 06/22/05 08:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Low doses are the way to go with mush until you get your fungus legs.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: If i tend to trip on just weed, should i shroom? [Re: Heffy]
    #5079444 - 12/18/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

try 2 grams id say unless their really potent.

--------------------

OI OI OI

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: If i tend to trip on just weed, should i shroom? [Re: MrMolotov]
    #5079697 - 12/18/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Handling weed and shrooms are completely different. With low doses of shrooms you don't get the anxiety disoriented/confused feeling that you do with weed, but it can feel like it is harder to control your brain and stay calm. I have an easier time with a low dose of shrooms than with alot of pot, but I also recognize there are more risks involved. Set and setting are VERY important with shrooms. Your environment and state of mind play a big role in how well your trip goes.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinetactik
Too stoned forthis.
Male User Gallery
Re: If i tend to trip on just weed, should i shroom? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #5079708 - 12/18/05 08:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i would just trip a half 8th if i were you... better to play it safe, my friend :smile:

--------------------
Terrapin!

OfflineOzzyGod
Stranger
Re: If i tend to trip on just weed, should i shroom? [Re: tactik]
    #5079816 - 12/18/05 08:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

take 14.5 g's dry first time, the go from there.

best of luck to you :thumbup:

Edited by OzzyGod (12/18/05 08:48 PM)

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #5080379 - 12/18/05 11:14 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
With low doses of shrooms you don't get the anxiety disoriented/confused feeling that you do with weed, but it can feel like it is harder to control your brain and stay calm.

In my experience, that should be reworded to: "With shrooms, you'll get infinitely more confusion/anxiety/disorientation than with weed, AND it WILL feel like it's harder to control your brain and stay calm."

To me (and many others), cannabis relieves anxiety and allows me to think more clearly. Mushrooms, on the other hand, are a near 100% guarantee of anxiety (in addition to tickling the 5HT receptor that causes anxiety, you also get a norepinephrine dump 3 times larger than that of LSD. I'm not saying this is bad, necessarily (in fact, the anxiety to me is an intrinsic part of the experience), but it definitely happens. Also, in my and many other peoples' experiences, mushrooms are all-around more confusing/disorienting and "darker" (for lack of a better word) than mescaline or LSD. (I realize that every drug affects each person differently, but figured I ought to provide the other end of the spectrum)

But, as other have said, cannabis and mushrooms are not related, so physiological susceptability to one means nothing in regards to the other. A better indication is how you psychologically handle "tripping" on pot. If it's really really intense, possibly even uncomfortably intense, but you still enjoy it, then you probably wouldn't have problems with a reasonably large amount of mushrooms. Nevertheless, large amounts of mushrooms aren't something that I would encourage anyone to try unless they had first tried smaller amounts (i don't recommend that anyone who hasn't tripped before eats more than a half-eighth).

Edited by Entropymancer (12/18/05 11:45 PM)

OfflineNgalyod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: If i tend to trip on just weed, should i shroom? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #5080426 - 12/18/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

To me (and many other), cannabis relieves anxiety and allows me to think more clearly.

Does the complete opposite to me, actually.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: If i tend to trip on just weed, should i shroom? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #5080481 - 12/19/05 12:29 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
In my experience, that should be reworded to: "With shrooms, you'll get infinitely more confusion/anxiety/disorientation than with weed, AND it WILL feel like it's harder to control your brain and stay calm."

To me (and many others), cannabis relieves anxiety and allows me to think more clearly. Mushrooms, on the other hand, are a near 100% guarantee of anxiety (in addition to tickling the 5HT receptor that causes anxiety, you also get a norepinephrine dump 3 times larger than that of LSD. I'm not saying this is bad, necessarily (in fact, the anxiety to me is an intrinsic part of the experience), but it definitely happens. Also, in my and many other peoples' experiences, mushrooms are all-around more confusing/disorienting and "darker" (for lack of a better word) than mescaline or LSD. (I realize that every drug affects each person differently, but figured I ought to provide the other end of the spectrum)

But, as other have said, cannabis and mushrooms are not related, so physiological susceptability to one means nothing in regards to the other. A better indication is how you psychologically handle "tripping" on pot. If it's really really intense, possibly even uncomfortably intense, but you still enjoy it, then you probably wouldn't have problems with a reasonably large amount of mushrooms. Nevertheless, large amounts of mushrooms aren't something that I would encourage anyone to try unless they had first tried smaller amounts (i don't recommend that anyone who hasn't tripped before eats more than a half-eighth).

Mushrooms do seem to have a darker character. However, at reasonable doses I never feel like I don't know what it is going on, can't remember where I am, what I'm doing. Mushrooms are a much smoother drug than marijuana which just chops up your short term memory. To me it is far less confusing and disoreinting (at less than 2 grams). Mushrooms never smack you in the face with a "Oh shit, I'm stoned" lapse of thinking.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineJfisher
fungusaficionado
 User Gallery

Loc: Sealand
    #5080565 - 12/19/05 01:23 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I remember some anxious/paranoid thoughts with shrooms my first time, but I'd definitely give a low dose a whirl.  Don't let what some of these people said here stop you from a small dose.  You'll be fine if you have a good frame of mind, people you trust, and a safe and comfortable environment around you while tripping.

Good Luck!  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Any information written above is purely fictional.
Any images do not belong to the owner of this account.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies