Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
angry God?
    #4315779 - 06/20/05 12:45 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

so it goes: God created us, you, me, animals, insects, EVERYTHING....knowing the WHOLE time that he'd destroy us all!!!??(according to the bible)

also, why would a loving God single a man out(Jesus) to be publicaly humilliated and tortured...and left for dead HELPLESS(whether you beleive it or not) hanging on a cross????!!!

just a debate topic!

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: angry God? [Re: uriahchase]
    #4316235 - 06/20/05 06:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

so it goes: God created us, you, me, animals, insects, EVERYTHING....knowing the WHOLE time that he'd destroy us all!!!??(according to the bible)

Sort of, don't forget about the few thousand that have already been saved. Are there any places left ? According to the scriptures no, and that means everyone working for "salvation" today will not be saved at all.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4316247 - 06/20/05 06:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Were you brought up Christian? This God topic is getting very old. But if you need to exorcise some demons, then I understand. :wink: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4316277 - 06/20/05 07:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Have you ever read the scriptures of other faiths, like the Bhagavad Gita or the Hindu epic poem the Mahabharata? How about some of Muhammed's 'experiences' in the Qu'ran? Why is it that even simple, unlettered Indian people understand the obvious differences between the mythological and the historical, yet literate Americans cannot discern these blatent differences in their Jewish or Christian scriptures?

Mythological, archetypal themes often illustrate the three-fold processes of Creation-Preservation-Destruction. Hinduism, the oldest body of practices and writings classed as a religion, even represented their trinitarian concept of GOD (Brahman-Vishnu-Shiva) as Creator-Preserver-Destroyer of the universe.

From Genesis to Revelations, Creation to Destruction, all the books between are about peoples aligning themselves with the 'Will of GOD.' This 'vertical' relationship with Being is constantly at odds with the 'horizontal' earthly wills of human rulers and peoples who fight against the Will of the GOD of the Bible and worship 'lesser gods' often belonging to the earlier Matriarchal stage of human history: Ishtar, Innana, Isis; or, demons like Moloch, Baal, Asmodeus. These deities represent 'ways of being-in-the-world,' which are against the Way of the GOD of the Bible, hence the great emphasis on Biblical morality. For example, Moloch was worshipped by throwing live infants into a furnace in the form of the demon. Such peoples became the enemies of the Hebrews, but the supernatural embellishments of the stories are midrashic - spiritual stories, not miraculous theophanies like the pillars of fire and smoke that led the Hebrews through the desert. These midrashic illuminations convey the idea of awesome Divine Guidance, yet written of as supernatural manifestations. One has to understand the mind-set of ancient writers/writings and not interpret them with the modern scientific mind to get a truer understanding.

There are concrete-thinking people everywhere - more of them than subtle thinkers. The concrete thinkers of the world therefore form the majority and the largest population. That does not mean that concrete, literal-thinking people have the truest understanding of such things. Their reading of scriptures is like those who look at the pointing finger instead of the moon to which the finger points.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: angry God? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4316603 - 06/20/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i was brought up non-christian, my parents heavily into drugs for the first 7 years of my life, then all of a sudden.....they became Bible thumpin' christians. i went to church 3 times a week, i even joined this thing called "bible quiz" it's a competition to learn the bibble word for word....went to Nationals..hehehe
click click

but by 15 or so i saw all the hypocrasy in the church and started to search for answers(yes in other religios text) and i keep on searchin'

sorry if the "god" topic is getting old, but ill keep on posting about it till i've found peace within myself. and contenment.

--------------------

Edited by uriahchase (06/20/05 10:28 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4316712 - 06/20/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

uriahchase said:
sorry if the "god" topic is getting old, but ill keep on posting about it till i've found peace within myself. and contenment.

Definitely, no problem, you have some misprogrammings to work through and some experience to place in a more suitable context, and that is what this forum effectively and consistently shows to help with. :wink:

I'd suggest reading Markos' post again closely, perhaps you can see that a lot of the suffering and misunderstanding that has been forced upon you is really only a result of the suffering and misunderstanding that others dealt with - in this specific case, misinterpreting various aspects of the Bible in a literal, concrete matter, as opposed to the more allegorical and ontological contexts in which they need to be viewed in to understand their intended meaning.

The inescapable web of confusion and misunderstanding that you have perhaps became ensnared within is something that can easily be escaped by realizing that it all stems from misinterpretation, which is exactly why it is such a confused, fucked up mess that belies logic. It wasn't forced upon you by people trying to fuck you over, but by people who are quite possibly ignorant and confused. Realize it for what it is, and then begin to investigate into the true meaning that these people failed to find. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#4316761 - 06/20/05 11:17 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe start by reversing the philosophy of your signature - there is Only Being, nothing is happening. Sorry for the mishandling by your parents. Scriptures of any type can be exceptionally useful on more than one level, provided that they are voluntarily approached for guidance, not used by one to enforce or coerce another. The Bible can be used like a Zen Koan only the answer is not a non-rational break-through experience but the opposite - a rational answer to non-rational claims of faith. Resurrection is the center of Christianity. Taken literally in terms of a resusitated body it is non-rational, even irrational, it defies reason. What then could Resurrection have meant to the ancients who were really in the Know?

The faith required for such inquiry simply takes the stance that 'something' occurred - not as depicted in scripture any more than sacred figures in the Bible really had visibly glowing haloes around their heads. They didn't you understand. They say the scriptures are the 'living word of GOD.' That is because scriptures are highly symbolic, and symbols emerge from the living unconscious (which is unbounded) to communicate, spread conscious meaning (kinda like mushrooms emerging from a huge hidden mycelial organism underground into daylight to propagate its own self and 'teachings' to human life forms [if I'm not being to McKenna-like]).

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: angry God? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4316767 - 06/20/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Excellent reification!

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

#4316781 - 06/20/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4316785 - 06/20/05 11:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

While god did create everything, he did it in hope it will all work fine, but it didn't humans we faulty, the Adam(s) family ( :wink:) were a group of savages. So god was disapointed in them a lot, and flushed the terrestrial toilet, and picked out the best family (Noah) who's flesh was not corrupted, and then created the whole humanity out of Noahs children.
God did not know people were going to sin, he made them best as he knew how to make them.

The story is simple.

From a mans persepctive god was omnipotent, but power can often be mistaken for omnipotence in a small mind.
God was powerfull, but not all powerfull

Then later atheists came and killed him.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: angry God? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4316791 - 06/20/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

God did not know people were going to sin, he made them best as he knew how to make them.

god is omnitiant(sp) all knowing i thought?no?

--------------------

Edited by uriahchase (06/20/05 02:23 PM)

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4316800 - 06/20/05 11:34 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well god seemed omnipotent to people who were writing the texts. But doesn't he seem a little less potent today that we can fly into the heavens for a couple of houdrets of dollars, and make our own adams with as many arms we wish?

Like I said, if you analize the Bible, it is clear that this god is not omnipotent no matter how often nuns repeat it

I see it as being simple exageration. "omnipotent" "allknowing"

Of course he is not all knowing if he has to look for a guy that hides behind a rock, or has to do so much trouble to make things right in the world (the Jesus stuff)

If he was omnipotent, we would not be having this kind of discussion now, he would just snap his fingers and all things would be as he imagine them to be.

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #4316870 - 06/20/05 11:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Resurrection is the center of Christianity

What about salvation ?
Sometimes i find it confusing to understand where christianity is centered. Salvation seems more like a final objective i think.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: angry God? [Re: MAIA]
    #4317165 - 06/20/05 01:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Resurrection IS salvation

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4317173 - 06/20/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

God as Everything, is as angry, as anything else..
if you are everything, you ARE everything!

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: angry God? [Re: Gomp]
    #4317181 - 06/20/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That's philosophical god, he is EVERYTHING, and he is much easier to figure out than Christian and Jewish god.

--------------------

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: angry God? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4317203 - 06/20/05 01:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

He's pretty pissed off coz the writers of the Bible, his creators, didn't write a female partner into the story for him.....it's been a hella long time and he's real pissed. (That's why he stitched eve up with that snake shit....he was proper jealous seing Adam's love flourish....and after Eden, well he's just been a grumpy bastard ever since)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: angry God? [Re: CJay]
    #4317558 - 06/20/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wisdom was partnered with God.

"The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning...Then was I by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him..." - Proverbs 8:22,30

Eastern Orthodox Christianity came very close to making Wisdom [Sophia] identical to the Holy Spirit, but that just violates the unbalance patriarchal prejudice, hence no Father, Son, Mother like in the classic Egyptian trinity of Osirus, Horus, Isis.

Solomon's temple not only housed the Ark of the Covenant with its two Cherubim (male and female), but apparently there were two 30 foot long Cherubim there as well representing YHWH and His Asherah (Divine Consort). Asherah, Astaroth, Astarte, Innana, Isis are all cultural variations of the same Divine Feminine, later oppressed by patriarchy. See Rafael Patai's The Hebrew Goddess.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder