Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
TINY spots of trich on popcorn?
    #4304837 - 06/16/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My friend finally has some casings that are working out. They are popcorn, and have been in the fruiting chamber for a week now. He has 3 1qt casings, and he tells me that they have just started to develop a pin set, they are knotted all over the place and pins are still developing. My friend uses clear ziplock containers wrapped with aluminum foil around them so that side pinning doesn't happen, and when inspecting one of the casings today, when he took the tin foil off he noticed two tiny spots of green trich. There are two spots about the size of a bb(like the kind you use in an air rifle) on two separated spots of the casing. They look like they are possibly being overcome by the mycelium (the spots are a pale-ish green, not vibrant like healthy trich), and the strain is Koh Samui Super Strain, which my buddy has heard literally eats through greenmold. Anyways, he is wondering if this is a potential problem for him, and if so should he do anything about it? The other two casings are fine, and he doesn't really care if they get contammed after 1 flush. He just wants them to make it another week or so till they flush out. What do you guys think?

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: TINY spots of trich on popcorn? [Re: lemunhed]
    #4308175 - 06/17/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i would just keep a close eye it for now. unless it starts to spread, don't worry.
could just be mycelium bruising.

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: TINY spots of trich on popcorn? [Re: deanofmean]
    #4308735 - 06/17/05 07:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I was actually checking the shit out today and I thought it might be... it is kind of bluish green I can't tell.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: TINY spots of trich on popcorn? [Re: lemunhed]
    #4309942 - 06/18/05 12:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lemunhed said:
(the spots are a pale-ish green, not vibrant like healthy trich)

that's what put my mind in motion.
from my past experiences with popcorn. you are looking at a large field of yellow (the pop corn) a lil' blue will seem to be green. :smirk:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains