Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTeonanacatl fan
journeyman
DeAtH
    #428507 - 10/17/01 02:43 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

what is death?
Is it just a transitional phase of existance? Maybe death is life.

If reincarnation exists, death represents just the transition from one body to another

Another theory of mine is that death is just a state of mind in which we are pure energy. In this case, what determines the amount of time (if time exists) that we "exist" in this state, before returning to a physical body?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: DeAtH [Re: Teonanacatl fan]
    #428517 - 10/17/01 03:00 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Here i'll paste you something I found while looking for information about Astral Projection. It sounds pretty spot on to me.

"You will be projecting, in real time, for the first few days,
close to the physical world, until your supply of etheric matter
runs out. Then you will go through the second death and enter the
Astral dimension. There, you will purge yourself of all desire, by
being able to have anything you have ever wanted, in abundance.
This is done through having the full use of your subconscious
mind's powerful creative ability. Here you can saturate your
every need and desire, until you see these desires for the
illusions they really are.

You will then shed your Astral (desire body) and enter the Mental
dimension. There you will see your past life, examine and express
every thought you have ever had and every action you have ever
done. There, your thoughts, memories and experiences will be added
to the Akashic Record. Which is the recorded experience of the
entire human existence in the physical dimension.

Shedding your mental body you will then enter the Buddhic
dimension. There you will stay for timeless healing, for rest,
atonement, forgiveness and understanding of self. In this world
your inner wounds will heal and your soul will be nurtured by
divine love. Your spirit will become whole and perfect once more.

Then you will shed your Buddhic body and enter the Atmic
dimension. There you will wait in the divine presence for those
you love. Then, one day, you will go on to the next level of
existence; where the last great mystery of life will be revealed
to you...."

--------------------

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Loc: Cyber Space
    #428527 - 10/17/01 03:09 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

In The Path to Tranquility the Dalia Lama says death is simply like changing your clothes.

--------------------
[red]0011 0001 0010 1111 0011 0000[/red]

Anonymous

#428891 - 10/17/01 08:46 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

After death you can do several things. The most common occurence is to reunite with your higher self, reunite with loved ones, evaluate your life, compare them to your past lives, see what goals you actually accomplished that you started before you entered that life, and enter a silent state of cogitation.
Then you have a choice: Reincarnate again in a physical body and work towards a new set of goals, or remain discarnate for as long as suits you whereby you can wander the Universe as a spiritual being.
But of course there are different scenarios..such as suicide, whereby you still enter the cogitation stage of afterlife, but you have no choice but to reincarnate and start off where you left off.
And of course there is ascension, where the physical body dies and the spirit consciously ascends into the 6th or higher densities.

Life is awake, Death is asleep, where you dream your next life

Both stages are vitally important to evolution. You cannot stay awake all day, every day...you have to sleep eventually. But you always wake up...eventually.

OfflineTeonanacatl fan
journeyman
Re: DeAtH [Re: ]
    #430052 - 10/19/01 12:38 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I?ve always wondered why do most people see death as a tragedy. They wear black clothes, they cry and say it's the end.

The tragedy is to live a mediocre life.
I want my funeral to be a party.
You are invited

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #431376 - 10/20/01 11:45 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Fairy tales...

The main purpose of all religion is to answer the question,"What happens when I die?"

So quick are many to disregard Christianity as a great lie, but then they substitute it with an equally unfounded lie Only the next lie takes away accountability for your actions.

What if nothing happens? What if the mind and body are truly one? Then, you owe it to yourself to be true to your ideals, because you only have one chance.

It is much easier to count on a second chance. To take away accountability for your current state of being. To put stock in the end, when truthfully no one knows what will happen.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Anonymous

Re: DeAtH [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #431905 - 10/20/01 11:01 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

What kind of Universe lets things live once and then disappear completely? We see on Earth how the water vapor accumulates in the clouds and then forms clumps and falls to the Earth where it evaporates and continues the cycle. We see trees drop their seeds and form more trees. Mass and Energy cannot be destroyed, it remains either mass or energy, it can be converted but not destroyed.
The idea is not a second chance, but rather a renewal, just as water and air cycles on Earth.
However we live in the present, and that should be the focus. Taking responsibility for your own actions is the key to living in the present.
Since we are physical, we are not perfect. The idea of reincarnation is to become perfect through trial and error.

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
    #431989 - 10/21/01 12:41 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

lol why have religion

well its better then dieing not beliveing theres somthing else and if there isnt hey.... ill never know :)

lol

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: DeAtH [Re: LCid]
    #432123 - 10/21/01 08:33 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

If you die believing nothing happens, it's better than Hell...

But, what kind of universe would let us live only once? The universe doesn't have to live up to our expectations. We are a product of the universe. Life on this planet seems to be a constant, but as far as individual consciousness is concerned, the universe doesn't owe us anything.

The laws of energy and matter are irrelvant. They operate on a molecular level, where consciousness is so complex that it still defies human understanding.
And if you can't remember what happened in your past life, how are you supposed to improve?

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Anonymous

#432197 - 10/21/01 10:24 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

And if you can remember your past lives?

The laws of energy and matter are totally applicable, since we are both. Just because we cannot comprehend the level at which it operates does not mean that it does not work the same as every other application of energy and matter.

The Universe doesn't 'owe' us anything. But if one thing is true, the Universe has provided us with life....along with the rest of the Universe for many billions of years (to the 36th power) I think we owe it to ourselves and the rest of the Universe to live our lives to their fullest extent, its the least we can do.
As far as reincarnation, I can remember as far back as several hundred lifetimes. So what are you supposed to think when you can remember past lives and account very specific details? I have no choice but to believe in reincarnation.

Edited by Shroomism (10/21/01 10:35 AM)

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#432341 - 10/21/01 01:31 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

What makes you think that you can remember past lives?

--------------------

Anonymous

#432595 - 10/21/01 07:09 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Think? I know.
I know my memories from past lives are there, the same way I know what I ate for lunch today.
Remembering in vivid detail places, events, people, etc.
People from previous lives who you have never met before in your current life, but you have an instant connection with them and after 3 minutes with them you feel like you have known them all your life.
Deja Vu...a common occurance, in many cases you have actually done that thing before. Perhaps in this life, perhaps in another. Specific conversations and the subsequent reactions by people tend to bring out Deja Vu, where one has had very similar or the exact same conversation in a previous life.
These are all things that happen to help us remember our past lives.
I'm not trying to change your opinion of the afterlife, but to me, reincarnation is as real as the Sun...it is not some theory or speculation, it is my reality.
In many societies (not this one in particular) reincarnation is studied the same way we study math or science.
They are able to know exactly what entity is incarnating onto the physical plane, what karmic records they bring with them, and what their purpose and goals are for incarnating so that they will be able to work with that entity in achieving their goals.
From my perspective, the physical body is only a short-term vehicle for the spirit to experience, learn, and interact in physical reality. The spirit never dies.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #432756 - 10/21/01 10:02 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Loss of human consciousness/coherence?

Maybe we die every instant? Maybe the order to existence we sense is false and we're never the same person in any two instants of time, so we're always dying.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #433046 - 10/22/01 05:53 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Here's a news flash for ya. When clinical hypnotherapists regress a person to uncover traumatic events, we are now obliged to have the subject put in writing First, what they think occurred, before we proceed. Why? There have been lawsuits againsy hypnotists for re-traumatizing subjects by evoking memories, and worse. The mind that creates those magnificent nocturnal scenarios called dreams, also creates 'repressed memories.' People who have confused their childhood Oedipal/Electra fantasies as 'memories' have falsely accused their parents of heinous crimes of incest.

Brian Weiss lives in my area, and his 'Many Lives, Many Masters' caused an upsurge in talk about 'reincarnation' among people. However, most people cannot discern the major difference between Buddhist 'rebirth' and Hindu 'reincarnation' themes, let along other schemes of 'transmigration,' 'metempsychosis,' or 'the myth of the eternal return.' A literal explanation of 'reincarnation' is no better than a literal explanation of heaven and hell, for Ultimately, Who we are is not an individualized being with invisible bodies. This is a sacred Mystery in Christianity - not to be uttered because it 'sounds' blasphemous like 'we are God.' In Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism, we Are verily the Clear Light of Sunyata, and not an existential being who can 'locate' in any body. Rebirth is a model for discussing successive moments versus timeless Reality, and a path of motivation to avoid exclusive awareness of the former. For this reason, I turn away prospective paying clients if they call me for 'past life regression.' It is Ultimately an illusion that only strengthens the conception of oneself as a monad that moves in space and time. It is a cosmic illusion - no different than one's imagination or a dream, and as such helps no one.
In all fairness, I would concede that our atoms are as old as our sun's, and that the 'ocean of consciousness' in which all humans have partaken since the beginning, is the same 'ocean' in which we all 'live and move and have our being.' In a fundamental sense we are then one with Every human who has ever existed - not hundreds, but countless beings. Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom