Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIpomoeaViolacea
Loc: US, Ohio
Pics of Azurescens, Caerulipes, and possible Cyanescens
    #4283575 - 06/11/05 01:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I posted last year about possibly finding Psilocybe cyanescens, and I was told by the majority of people on here that there was no possible way at all that I could have ever found P. cyanescens mushrooms in West Virginia.  However, I could not positively identify the mushrooms that I was finding, and they looked identical to P. cyanescens and fit every description of them.  Unfortunately this year I have still not taken a good picture of those that I identified as them, but I do have some good pictures of P. azurescens and P. caerulipes.

Here is one that I thought might be a P. cyanescens, but it is possible that it is a very large P. caerulipes:

Here are some good pictures of P. azurescens found in Weirton, WV.  This is my first year finding and ingesting this species.  They are incredibly potent and are quite possibly my favorite species of mushroom to hunt and to eat:

Now, here are a couple pictures of the elusive Bluefoots (P. Caerulipes):

Enjoy the pictures!  :smile:

--------------------
Sailing on the wind
in a milk white gown
Dropping circle stones on a sun dial
Playing hide and seek
with the ghosts of dawn
Waiting for a smile from a sun child.

"Moonchild" by King Crimson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
Re: Pics of Azurescens, Caerulipes, and possible Cyanescens [Re: IpomoeaViolacea]
    #4283894 - 06/11/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

nice

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Pics of Azurescens, Caerulipes, and possible Cyanescens [Re: camelsmoker]
    #4284076 - 06/11/05 05:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i see nothing that resembles p. azurescens,
i do however see alot of nice variants of P. caerulipes.
well done. but seriously none of those are azures or cyans, besides not existing in your area or anywheres near it, they don't really look like them either. you might think they do. but alot of people think alot of things.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Pics of Azurescens, Caerulipes, and possible Cyanescens [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4284266 - 06/11/05 06:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

these are azures (pic from sporeworks site) notice how they look nothing like your mushrooms.

that notwithstanding, those two species, i shall re-interate, can not occur naturally in your area.

i just recalled you posted last year about this saying you were going to come back with pics shortly, and that they were definative, and you would challange anyone to tell you they aren't what you think, well how do you do? here i am.

you also mentioned something about someone showing fou a pic of Caerulipes that look like your specimines.
well if you have researched the subject as well as you suggest, you'ed know you're rather fortunate to be finding this species at all. nobody here is going to have much for pics. just the same old pics on the net. some of which look like agrocybes anway.

basically, even if it was possible to have azures in your area, those dont even look like them, honestly. not even close.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #4284707 - 06/11/05 09:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with Mitchnast.

You have several different forms of P. caerulipes. They are becoming quite common in the northern panhandle of West Virginia. :smile: This last month I have seen three different collections. Two from the natural habitat along stream banks, and one from wood mulch in a garden. The ones which have adapted to wood chip mulch are usually more potent, larger, and show a stronger bluing reaction. A friend also showed me an outdoor cultivation this year which was truly impressive; the mass fruiting reminded me of the pictures of P. cyanescens I've seen from Seattle. The Bluefoot is flourishing in our area.
Nice finds. :thumbup:

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Pics of Azurescens, Caerulipes, and possible Cyanescens [Re: IpomoeaViolacea]
    #4285666 - 06/12/05 03:13 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Pretty interesting pics though, thanks for sharing them.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineIpomoeaViolacea
Re: Pics of Azurescens, Caerulipes, and possible Cyanescens [Re: camelsmoker]
    #4291812 - 06/13/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm back. After close observation in the wild, I have decided to give up my arguement about the P. cyanescens. I was wrong, but I have found caps that look identical to them, and every form of identification seemed to match.

As for the azurescens, I could also be wrong, but they were successfully introduced to Ohio. The pictures I have on here where I claimed to have found them are a little off, as I took some of the color out of the photo so it would be under 200MBs.

Like I said, I could be wrong about these as well, but how are you going to ever find the truth if you don't have plenty of errors getting there?

I have a question for you guys. You all seem to believe these are different forms of P. Caerulipes. How can you say that given the gills are a completely different color, they are a completely different shape, and the cap of the mushroom is more robust and meaty? They taste different, and they grow in slightly different environments alongside the others I picked.

I would really just like to know the answer to this. If what you guys are saying is true, then you must be right about the potency, as the ones that I labled as P. azurescens are far more potent than the others, and the last two picks are the ones that are the least potent, the first being in between. I had a +3 trip on those that I labeled azures from four small caps, a couple tiny caps, and a large stem.

--------------------
Sailing on the wind
in a milk white gown
Playing hide and seek
with the ghosts of dawn

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
    #4291930 - 06/13/05 03:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

im glad you didnt die, ive seen many pics of azures, and those look NOTHING like them.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Pics of Azurescens, Caerulipes, and possible Cyanescens [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4292033 - 06/13/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

different habitats will result in mushrooms appearing different and having slightly different potencies.
evry other type of halucinogenic fungi has variables too. you cant assume identity based on macroscopic shape.
if you really want to know, im sure somebody would do a microscopy check for you.

OfflineIpomoeaViolacea
    #4292091 - 06/13/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ok. I understand that there are different variations of species. However, these are pretty distinct differences, including the ones of potency. The last two pictures on there are of the type of mushroom that takes around 20-90 fresh caps for a decent to heavy trip. The middle ones are of a type that take 3-5 caps for a light to moderate trip, and the trip starts becoming overwhelmingly intense at around 12-20 caps sometimes.

--------------------
Sailing on the wind
in a milk white gown
Playing hide and seek
with the ghosts of dawn

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#4292128 - 06/13/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ive never found wild mushrooms of any species to have a reliable potency expectation, even when picked in the same patch.
heck ive seen alot of variation in homegrown cubes.
ive eated several grams of cubes and had nothing, also had intence effects from a few grams.

Offlinebuggers
Mushroom CloudLayin'Motherfucker
 User Gallery

#4293611 - 06/13/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Those are some nice looking blue foots. I picked a lot this year and posted some nice pictures on here of a few that i picked recently. I was wondering how many you commonly pick in an area and if their abundance at the place i normally pick them is unusual. I've filled a smallish paper bag (like the kind you would get from a fast food resturaunt if you just ordered one sandwich) to the top in an area about one acre. Sometimes they can be very hard to spot so it helps to stay on hands and knees and move slowly to avoid missing hidden mushrooms.
Anyone know how long the p. caerulipes season lasts in WV?

OfflineAndyzPsilocybes
Stranger
Re: Pics of Azurescens, Caerulipes, and possible Cyanescens [Re: buggers]
    #4349847 - 06/29/05 08:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

god damn, azurescens are such beautiful mushrooms! very similar to subaeruginosa

OfflineBigBallZMaN
Knowledge Quest

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: Pics of Azurescens, Caerulipes, and possible Cyanescens [Re: AndyzPsilocybes]
    #4351751 - 06/29/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, those arent cyan or azures. A mistake due to inexperience and possible misinformation. I agree, azures are beautiful. I think cyans are too, but I have, alas, never found azures. I live in western washington, and have heard they grow here in the wild, but have yet to find any. I have 5 or so huge cyan patches that I have created myself with spores from specimens I have found in the wild, and I do plan on either buying spores or a spawnbag and started some patches of azures. Anyone find/heard of finds/etc in specific areas of western washington? If so could you please post?

--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds