Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecrazytalken
SELECT
 User Gallery

Gnat prevention?
    #4276818 - 06/09/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys, recently ive been seeing a few little gnats flying around my place. I dont believe they are here because of my mushrooms. I think they came in some soil that is being used elsewhere in the house. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on keeping these little fuckers away from my crop. I have BRF cakes in a tub that stays shut, besides fanning but will be soon using straw and WBS. I was thinking about using a dish of honey or something to draw them away from my stuff...any better tips or suggestions? :confused:

--------------------
**"Both the psychedelic dream state and the waking psychedelic state acquire great import because they reveal to life a task: to become familiar with this dimension that is causing being, in order to be familiar with it at the moment of passing from life." -Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Gnat prevention? [Re: crazytalken]
    #4278040 - 06/09/05 10:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

just keep your tub sealed and make dam sure you dont close one up inside after you fan or whatever. if you keep it sealed i dont think they will get in. but they will find their way into a 4 tier, i know that..... if i was you, i would keep my garbage cans clean, dont let any old fruit lay around, and put some diazinon pellets in your potted plants. you can also call a nursery and tell them your plants have gnats and they have some kinda shit that you use to flush out your soil inside your pots and kill them (it works too, but you may have to repeat it ever so often). i have gnats all around my house and the next time i have casings they will be in a sealed environment. ... i hate them fucking bugs !!!!!!!...

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Gnat prevention? [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4280310 - 06/10/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You are correct. They breed in your houseplants. BT is a natural, biological and organic way to treat your houseplant soil to get rid of the larvae. Pesticides will only kill the adults, but the trouble is the thousands of eggs hatching out in your housepants. Here's one source for BT.
http://www.gardensalive.com/product.asp?pn=1962&ss=gnats

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblecrazytalken
SELECT
 User Gallery

Re: Gnat prevention? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4281132 - 06/10/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks a lot guys. I gotta keep those house plants healthy too. :stoned: Before when i had a problem i could shake the plants and see little gnats fly away. This time is different; it seems they are moving through the house tryin to find something new to fuck up..

--------------------
**"Both the psychedelic dream state and the waking psychedelic state acquire great import because they reveal to life a task: to become familiar with this dimension that is causing being, in order to be familiar with it at the moment of passing from life." -Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix