Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

Your tax dollars at work (Comically Disgusting)
    #4273993 - 06/08/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know what I could possibly say to this.

How One Tasing Unfolded in Boynton Beach
The Aug. 6, 2004 incident began as a normal traffic stop but took an ominous turn when the driver refused to get out of her SUV. It ended with a Boynton Beach Police officer hitting the 22-year-old woman twice with his Taser during her arrest.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/video/taser_video3a.html

Edited by usefulidiot (06/08/05 11:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Your tax dollars a work (Warning: Disgusting) [Re: usefulidiot]
    #4274002 - 06/08/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What could someone say to that? Oh wait, I know.

She deserved it. If I was a cop, I would've tased her too.

You don't tell a cop you're not getting out of the car when they tell you multiple times to do it, and then hold a taser in front of you and tell you even more times to get out of it. After that, it becomes your decision to get tased.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Your tax dollars a work (Warning: Disgusting) [Re: Ravus]
    #4274012 - 06/08/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was just going to say that was the coolest thing i've ever seen. When I read the title, 22 year old women, I just couldn't see what she could do that would warrent a tasing. Well, she deserved it. Who would have guessed it was a black women with a cocky attitude?!!?! Hilarious. I especially liked when she yelled "racist!!, Racist". Fucking ignorant scum.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4274112 - 06/08/05 10:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:rotfl:

Are Looner2 and I the only ones who found that hilarious?

...Disobeying a police officer that was making a perfectly reasonable request multiple times.  What the fuck did she think was going to happen?

Invisibleusefulidiot

Re: Your tax dollars a work (Warning: Disgusting) [Re: looner2]
    #4274126 - 06/08/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know..PErsonally I thought the cop seemed a little quick to pull out his toy taser, especially for what seemed to be a simple routine traffic stop. I wouldn't say she was the only one who had a bit of an attitude, and to think that with all the money we got putting into millitarizing the police they haven't seemed yet to discover a more humane way a cop might be able to deal with a situation like that? I guess I just would have thought that the mere idea of using force with a weapon would be considered a last resort in a trained police officers mind..while in this case it seemed to be the first and only option that he thought he had.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Your tax dollars a work (Warning: Disgusting) [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4274132 - 06/08/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, I found that hilarious also. It's not really relevant to the topic so I didn't mention it, but I had to go back and play it a few times just to absorb the sheer comedy of the situation.

So she starts out getting pulled over for a violation, she basically tells the cop to fuck off when he asks her to put her phone away, when he tries to get her out of the car she refuses multiple times, when he threatens to tase her she again refuses to budge multiple times, and then she's surprised when he does what is completely appropiate in that situation? And on top of all that, she was driving with a suspended license!

She got what was coming to her. I'm glad my tax dollars actually went to something useful in this case, rather than just going to arresting people who are smoking a joint in the woods. I don't see how anyone can legitimately be outraged over an incident where someone had it coming as much as this annoying black woman.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #4274215 - 06/08/05 11:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well, after watching all the video footage she did have it coming. Going 51 mph in a 35 mph zone, with a broken windshield, bad taillight, no seatbelt, & suspended liecence, plus the bad attitude

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4274232 - 06/08/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

usefulidiot said:
and to think that with all the money we got putting into millitarizing the police they haven't seemed yet to discover a more humane way a cop might be able to deal with a situation like that?

Such as mace? 

A taser leaves no permanent damage....that sounds pretty humane to me.

Would you rather that he pulled her out of the vehicle and beat her  :lol:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Your tax dollars a work (Warning: Disgusting) [Re: pshawny]
    #4274294 - 06/08/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pshawny said:
Well, after watching all the video footage she did have it coming.  Going 51 mph in a 35 mph zone, with a broken windshield, bad taillight, no seatbelt, & suspended liecence, plus the bad attitude

I agree. She did almost EVERYTHING you're not supposed to do when pulled over by a cop. Yeesh!  :rolleyes:

Invisibleusefulidiot

#4274335 - 06/08/05 11:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I see your point, although I think it may be a bit of a stretch to say that tasers will leave no permanent damage.. Maybe for the most part, bu wasn't it only a couple weeks ago I read that somebody had died after being zapped a few times with one?

One example.. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/26/eveningnews/main631891.shtml

Meh..I don't know. I guess I am just kind of a hippie who doesn't really like the idea of watching a person scream in angonizing pain at the mercy of another who happens to posess a little machine and a button that can give anybody else a little taste of hell whether they even really deserve it or not..

At any rate now that I know why she got pulled over in the first place I don't think I feel as bad as I did for her originally. But all in all the cops general attitude and robotic kind of way of dealing with the situation plus that incessant screaming of hers still kind of leaves me feeling like throwing up.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4274346 - 06/09/05 12:05 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

usefulidiot said:
I see your point, although I think it may be a bit of a stretch to say that tasers will leave no permanent damage.. Maybe for the most part, bu wasn't it only a couple weeks ago I read that somebody had died after being zapped a few times with one? 

I would gander to say that Tasers are still very safe when it comes to the permanent health of a person.  That woman was probably more at risk from dying in a car accident in her vehicle than from dying because of the taser.

Quote:

usefulidiot said:
Meh..I don't know.  I guess I am just kind of a hippie who doesn't really like the idea of watching a person scream in angonizing pain at the mercy of another who happens to posess a little machine

I must be an asshole then for laughing.  :lol:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4274349 - 06/09/05 12:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well, it is a bit more humane than other methods of restraint, although I think it 's use should be closely monitored and used with strict guidelines. I thought those Florida cops tasering a 6-year old a few months ago was pretty over the top...

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4274351 - 06/09/05 12:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

meh dont get me wrong in most cases "Fuck the Police" ...but in this case that lady was being an ignorant bitch...she knew what she was doing was wrong and she just wanted to hastle the poor pig. he didnt wanna get into some stupid ass fight with her so he told her get out or get tazered. it was a simple choice. she chose get tazered. i wish i had a tazer at my job to deal with insane customers who come in with their phones they dropped in toilets and scream in my face because they cant get a free new phone. bzzzzbzzzzzzbzzzzz the sweet sounds of tazer

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: Your tax dollars a work (Warning: Disgusting) [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4274353 - 06/09/05 12:11 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

however i think the second taze was a lil too much

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Your tax dollars a work (Warning: Disgusting) [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4274368 - 06/09/05 12:17 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
meh dont get me wrong in most cases "Fuck the Police" ...but in this case that lady was being an ignorant bitch...she knew what she was doing was wrong and she just wanted to hastle the poor pig. he didnt wanna get into some stupid ass fight with her so he told her get out or get tazered. it was a simple choice. she chose get tazered. i wish i had a tazer at my job to deal with insane customers who come in with their phones they dropped in toilets and scream in my face because they cant get a free new phone. bzzzzbzzzzzzbzzzzz the sweet sounds of tazer

Haha...imagine if you were allowed to taser people who pissed you off. It would be funny if it was an accepted form of releasing your frustration on a person.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#4274375 - 06/09/05 12:19 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah its harmless too, just a good natured tazering to show em who's boss...or whta would be even cooler is like instead of sueing someone for money. you could sue the person who wronged u for the right to tazer them

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: Your tax dollars at work (Comically Disgusting) [Re: usefulidiot]
    #4274420 - 06/09/05 12:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Just goes to show you that violence solves any problem.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Your tax dollars a work (Warning: Disgusting) [Re: moog]
    #4274520 - 06/09/05 01:17 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

She got what she deserved.

However, the second tasing was unnecessary, he would've physically handcuffed her, her muscles were most likely still unable to move properly after recieving such a heavy shock.

if you disobey a police officer, you're going to get whatever you need to be subdued. that's all there is to it.

--------------------
So it goes.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Your tax dollars a work (Warning: Disgusting) [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4274653 - 06/09/05 02:05 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

towards the end the one cop remarks about her taking a swing at one of the two of them.

I think that's what brought about the second tasering -- it's kinda out-of-camera so you can't see too well, they're trying to handcuff her and she's resisting. I think she took a swipe at one of the cops and earned herself another jolt.

Yeah. Bitch totally deserved that shit. She told the cop she WOULD NOT put down her cell phone. She told whoever she was talking to that they were arresting her -- at that point she had only been told to put the phone down.

Now I'm not a big fan of the police, and I am often critical of how they handle things...

but shit. If I had to spend that long near that bitch as she was talking on her cell phone, I would've tasered her too. Damn. Twice.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #4275069 - 06/09/05 07:18 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You don't tell a cop you're not getting out of the car when they tell you multiple times to do it,

Actually I spoke to a lawyer who specifically defends DUI cases about a similar situation. He said you should first ask if you are under arrest. That places the burden of proof on the officer at that specific moment. If he says you are under arrest then of course you need to get out of the car and not resist. However if he doesn't say you're under arrest the lawyer told me to hand the officer my information and roll up the window and make sure the door is locked since at that point he has zero legal right to tell me what to do.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom