Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Trip Report: 0.25 gr Cubie Tea -- Minimal Dosage revisited
    #4263403 - 06/06/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This afternoon I've set out on a little adventure in psilocybin.

I chose to go for another session with Minimal Dosage, about 2mg of psilocybin, the strength of one Sandoz Indocybin mushroom pill as used in psychotherapy in a dose of 1-5 tabs.

And I took one, in the form of a tea made of 0.25gr dried quality Cubies. What people fail to realize is that mushrooms are still 4-HO-DMT at Minimal Dosage, which is an entheogenic in any dose that is active.

Here is the slightly edited report of what i did just now, I'm 4:45 hours into it and still a littlke bit high but the entheogenic phase is over.

I hope you'll enjoy my trip report of a trip on 1/100 ounce of good Cubies, an amount many here deem either unnoticable or completely useless.

---------------------------------------------------

0.25gr CUBIE-TEA
Minimal Dosage revisited
6-6-2005

15:30 PM --- The zero-HourPoint (0-HP)
I have put the 0.25gr of homogenized Psilocybe cubensis powder into a glass with 300ml piping hot tap water and stirred for 10 minutes, before filtering through a paper coffee filter and drinking ad fundum. Within the last 5 minutes I started to feel some effects. The lukewarm liquid solution is going straight up!
The objective is to enter a state of enhanced insight. Euphoria is welcome but not on the agenda: letting my mind wander free, and meditation, is.
The usual cardiac premedication (60mg Isosorbide Mononitrate TR) was co-ingested.

15:45 PM --- 15-MP
The slight effect has become more pronounced. I?ve got a mixture of strong anticipatory excitement and slight psilocybian effects. The standardized homogenous mushroom powder contains about 2mg Psilocybin which makes the dose equivalent to one ?Indocybin? mushroom pill as distributed by Sandoz in the early days of psychedelic therapy. I?ve played The Aloof ? Favelas on MP3 and now am switching to The Orb ? Little Fluffy Clouds to soothe my overexcitement.

16:00 PM --- 30-MP
I now am clearly in effect. The objective effects are a clouding of the mind and senses as the experience is breaking the threshold to unfold characteristic effects later on. Resistance consists of a restlessness and somatization: a pressure on the back and high bowel activity. I?m going to lie down in darkness for half an hour or so to ?get into the experience? through meditative relaxation and separating the anxiety of anticipation from that which IS in fact unfolding.

16:30 PM --- 1-HP
HIGH. My current state is distinctly turned on by 4-HO-DMT. The visual surroundings are profoundly three-dimensional: depth perception is enhanced. There is a brilliance to all I see. My body isn?t quite comfortable though, I?m experiencing the usual allergic symptoms: a bit of itching and a feverish ?wet? feeling to respiration. I?m a bit at a loss what to do with breathing, but know I should just stop obsessing over it.
I was a bit cold so I put on a sweater. It is unbelievably course, like I?m wearing warm itchy sandpaper: exit sweater. ^_^ The linen shirt feels like silk and the coldness is gone.

16:45 PM --- 1 ?-HP
When I lay meditating in darkness I was markedly uncomfortable. Low doses of 4-HO-DMT work like a magnifying glass to the psyche, and unfortunately FEAR is a large part of my personality. Ah! How I?ve suffered, and how tragically ubiquitous suffering is in the human experience, you see it in everyone in substantial magnitude.
Like I know so well the fear in me tends to become somatic hence the discomfort I experienced, which now almost is gone. It started with discomfort, then I felt the somatic onset of an anxiety attack coming on. I threw myself in meditative relaxation and as the hypnodelic state took hold external reality was obliterated. I made peace with myself and forgave myself my shortcomings. Immediately a visionary sequence commenced where I saw the face of Fear as it exists within me, almost tangible. I spoke out loud my love for my Self despite all shortcomings I see and suddenly it slipped from my lips that through love for myself I worship the Almighty God. Then peace came over me and it is deepening further and further still.
I am part of the Infinite Pattern. Indivisible from the Cosmos. In the anything and all that encompasses everything nothing can go wrong ? it all falls into its place in Perfection. I feel touched by the cosmos: notable is a gentle pressure against the back of my head, as if touching my hair. The residual unrest tells me there is more to be had from this session

17:00 PM --- 1 ?-HP
I?m in a state of pronounced euphoria comparable to 50mg MDMA. My face feels as if it softly touches cottonballs. This matches my mental state. My eyes are soft and my smile radiates straight from the heart. Quite an anatomical feat!
My bowels have calmed but the sides of my chest and the heels of my hands suck: it?s still a nervous pressure that needs release. Its remarkable how you can feel this good and still retain mental tension. I?ve been too scared too long: Just Let Go.

17:15 PM --- 1 ?-HP
I found that if I place my hands on spots that ail me and go into inner stillness, willing to feel the message it holds, the uncomfortable spots become peaceful again. It is the ignoring of them that procreates their discomfort and I now am almost free of somatics: Slight allergy symptoms remain. Find Wholeness by listening to your body, the lessons taught to me by the Mushroom Spirit continue to expand. I?m in a calm state of wellbeing, not unlike 50mg MDMA without the stimulant component.
I?m now going back into darkness and meditation to explore further..

18:00 PM --- 2 ?-HP
Two and a half hours into it, despite the dose of 2mg which qualifies as ?minimal dosage? I am still very aware and into the psychedelic state. For this moment it?s a ++ state. Half this would disappoint and double this would lift me too far out of center to continue this exploration. Depth perception still is very much enhanced and especially captures the attention when there is motion. Colors are more pronounced and I?m more acutely aware of textures of surfaces, as if touching them through sight.
I?ve put on Little Fluffy Clouds by The Orb again, playing it softly, and it makes for a friendly background.

18:15 PM --- 2 ?-HP
I just realized: Psilocybin lasts 4-6 hours and despite Minimal Dosage I can definitely see this lasting 4 hours ^_^
So this is equivalent to one ?Indocybin? pill? Albert Hoffman really knew how to dose ?em, it is most definitely worthwhile. Before entering meditation I felt as if it had worn off but fortunately I now am really into it again, I guess I was so at one with the Mushroom that I didn?t even feel it. Some spiritual Masters have had over 1.000 mcg of LSD pass through them without much noticeable effects. This got me wondering: If you offer zero resistance, zero friction with the psychedelic experience, would it then sink into nothingness or be absorbed into the experience of the Eternal Now? The Hindus believe that if you live a life void of attachments, making no ripples at all, that your soul would be erased from the wheel of reincarnation and you?d be beyond conflict forever. It is striking that the Hindu meditations to let life pass without ripples apparently is applicable to the full-blast psychedelic experience. I do notice the experience seems markedly less confusing or ?high? when you sit or lie in darkness, which also takes away stimuli.
It would be a nightmare for me to transcend reincarnation. I?m a hedonist and believe that to deny yourself pleasure to avoid pain is not at all what is intended for me.
Pleasure without the contrast of pain is just a state of being, unremarkable as there is no contrast to make it stand out.
Existing merely to be? There are pills for that, no thanks.
Let?s hear it for the light and the dark and the hot and the cold ^_^

18:30 PM --- 3-HP
Three hours into it! Hmmm so this is the peak! Its still reasonably potent. I get odd stings in my chest, the middle of my left index finger and arch of my left foot that seem mysteriously related. I guess this means my typing obstructs the experience so I?m off into meditative darkness again to feel it out!

19:00 PM --- 3 ?-HP
I?m slowly moving towards descent which is a pity. If only this had been LSD then it would still have lasted hours and hours more. I still have another half-cap of Mushrooms left but what would be the use of boosting? It had a takeoff, a flight of over two and a half hours and now it?s time to tug the cord of my parachute and slowly drift back to baseline.
Your subconscious knows it?ll be listened to if it adds unpleasant markers to things it wants to direct your attention to. That likely is the basis of all those crazy somatizations you can have whilst tripping.. or sober. The second this dawned on me the three complaints vanished instantly. Your body becomes a divining-rod when you?re tripping, and following the discomfort leads you to the stuff you need to know. So if you look at it like this unpleasant ailments during the trip lead the way to material you need brought to light.. It can lead the way but cannot make you follow.
I?ve shoved a pizza in my oven but rather had some more balanced food.
Better luck next time: I?m not going into town hopped up on a DMT-derivative ^_^

Now I?m in the decline of the trip it?s time to make up balance.

Again it is proven that a Minimal Dosage (2mg) which corresponds to a Sandoz Indocybin tablet is a significant dosage and that much can be had at this level. It provides some challenge but the ego remains intact. I would call the 4-HO-DMT clearly entheogenic at this dosage and this further exploration of the Minimal Dosage has proven it?s merit. In darkness and meditation there was a visionary state with dreamlike symbolic imagery but no abstract patterning, reminiscent of dreamlike trance states.

Bringing about the hypnotic state again was very rapid: By just letting go full induction was achieved in 10 seconds and I was oblivious of the existence of an outside world in 30 seconds, about five times faster than ordinary hypnosis without psychedelics.
Loss of body awareness and a stagnant state (somnambulism) was achieved.
Whenever I lay in stillness and moved my mind to significant areas there was visionary activity. At some points I floated through specific locations.
I had 5 visionary sequences of believable content, vividness and detail.

19:30 PM --- 4-HP
Munching my tasty pizza & reflecting on a rather interesting trip that now is over for the part that needs mention. I?ll likely be aware for an hour more but the effects have clearly diminished. It was mild, but very interesting and very worthwhile, despite intentions it was even recreationally enjoyable, being reminiscent of 50mg MDMA.
And it lasted over four hours! An afternoon well-spent.

One Wiccan_Seeker signing off.

-----------------------------------------------------

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Trip Report: 0.25 gr Cubie Tea -- Minimal Dosage revisited [Re: Asante]
    #4263451 - 06/06/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, that was an intense read. Great job.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4263542 - 06/06/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Nice!  I also did a low dose this weekend and I was amazed at the power. :thumbup:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: 0.25 gr Cubie Tea -- Minimal Dosage revisited [Re: MOTH]
    #4264018 - 06/06/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That's a great report of 0.5gr mushrooms you wrote there EllemyshShade!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4264840 - 06/06/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Low dose trips can be very surprising.

I have reached ego loss at 1.5g and seen hours of visuals on .75g ... the lowest doses .25-.5g are great to make colors vivid, enhance music, and bring on the ESP-like qualities of a trip. Sometimes though, low dose trips can more or less be duds.

Heroic doses can be wasteful... but they can be productive as well.

I usually retain the ability to remember the important details of my trip, on doses up to 7g of dried cubes.

Low dose trips have their place, as do heroic doses. There is nothing wrong with either type of trip, as long as you remember set, setting and respect your shrooms.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: 0.25 gr Cubie Tea -- Minimal Dosage revisited [Re: Rose]
    #4266615 - 06/07/05 02:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Big doses can have great merit, but lately I found low doses to be the true treasure, at least for me. On the border of full immersion and soberness there is much to be had. Occasionally I'm having a thunderous trip (like that LSD one) but for me in the last few years the emphasis has shifted from "heroic" doses (3,6,12 dried gram-trips) to the lower doses.

What's "heroic" about five grams btw?
Heroic is that you run into a burning house to save a poor kitty thats meowing in fear on the second floor.
Heroic is not that you walk through your house emptying a jerrycan of gasoline, then sit on the livingroom floor, strike a match and go sit in the blaze for five to seven hours :wink:

Taking 5 strong grams means unleashing a great unstoppable force upon you that can tear your psychologic constellation to shreds if you fight it. And many do that just for kicks on a friday night.
There are no heroic doses: only heroic motivations.

A heroic trip is when you come out of a trip half fucked up, paranoid, confused and thrown off-whack and then when this mayhem has not cleared in a week, taking a substantial dose with a guide to psychedelically heal what's been psychedelically broken.
That's heroic.

Doses can't be heroic, only motivations can be!

So in a nutshell: high doses have their place just as low doses do, so i think it would be best if the highdosers learned to appreciate low doses *beside* their high-dose adventures. It makes the high doses more impressive too. Many have the mentality that being sober is OK, being blasted out of your skull is OK but being somewhere halfway is a waste of time. It's still 4-HO-DMT, the spirit molecule, even when its smouldering rather than ablaze :heart:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4266698 - 06/07/05 04:17 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

We're pretty much saying the same thing.

Heh, "Heroic dose" is Terrance McKenna's phrase, not mine.

Yes, he considered a 5g trip to be a heroic dose... and to hear him, and you describe the same thing, you are definately on the same page.

McKenna said a heroic dose takes you plenty far, in silence and in total darkness. On that sized dose, you'll get a good idea how prehistoric Shamans used to trip at night time. This is not what I suggest for a novice. :wink:

I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to McKenna's choice of words. But he did not suggest doses like this in a party environment. Nor do I.

Minimal doses should not be overlooked... still...

I do think minimal dosage works best when taken by experienced psychonauts... since we are better tuned to feel the minimal effects.

I feel the same about heroic doses... experienced psychonauts will simply see more and handle it better.

n00bs should start SMALL .75-2g and stick with this dosage until they have a few successful trips, and think they are prepared handle more (or less). They should also, do their research, and find the proper set and setting EVERY TIME they trip.

Shrooms tend to show people what they are ready to see, and only after some experience, can a tripper discover all (or more) of what the fungus has to offer. 5g is wasted on an unprepared mind, but so is .25g

I don't find much problem with 3.5-7g doses, but I don't particularly recomend them. Noobs should avoid such doses until they know their shit.

If you are tripping to remember, to spark creativity, or just to get fucked up, a small dose is perfect. If you want major ego shrinkage, it is not. Frankly, doses under a gram can create many logical yet highly egotistical outbursts!

Larger doses are fine too, as long as you don't take heroic doses with the soul purpose of getting fucked up... you may get WAY more than you asked for. The larger your dose, the more vital it becomes to trip safe and trip smart and like I said earlier, you must respect the fungus you injest, it can take you places you never dreamed of.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
    #4266765 - 06/07/05 05:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ahh these smaller dose reports are very inspiring! i've got only a gram of cubies here at the moment which i was going to have on the weekend. i kinda talked myself out of it by remembering how dissapointing it is to underdose sometimes, but i think i'll give this a go soon

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4266828 - 06/07/05 06:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, nothing but love man, nothing but love :heart:

Indeed I know Terence McKenna said the "heroic" stuff and I think its one of his mistakes. (yes even Terance made 'em :wink:) Once you use words like heroic on people that are sober the ego games start happening.

They start thinking they should use high doses, and that using high doses make you heroic. And worse yet: that taking low doses is less heroic, less good, as taking high ones.

I'd say that the one who can enjoy 0.5gr and 5gr alike is best off, as he gets the best of both worlds.

Its the observation of Stanislav Grof, a prominent LSD therapist, that many recreational users have taken LSD (or mushrooms) hundreds of times without even having begun the ego-death process. In his view when you use the dosages that are common on these boards then you are headed for a series of powerful difficult trips which are there for you to transcend them in order to reach spiritual/personal growth.

What you see however is recreational users using "psychedelic therapy"
doses and trying to circumvent the problems associated with the ego-death these doses are meant to produce. Or when they get a royal bad trip, they quit.

Until the day comes that you have been wrapped in barbed wire and used as a soccerball by a gang of Demons, and you despite this dose AGAIN to face forward and knowing full well the extent of agony that can be had, five grams are not "heroic" but rather ill-informed.

Another mistake people make is that low doses by definition are mild. Not so. If your internal situation is conductive to it a tiny dose can give you a great push and bring you far beyond the height of your largest dose. As I tend to say: "There's no safety in numbers" which is a cryptic way to say a tiny dose can bite you in the ass just like a big dose can.

Quote:

Frankly, doses under a gram can create many logical yet highly egotistical outbursts!

True, very true!
At low doses there is a tendency to enhance your personality and characteristics, even to the point of caricature.
This can be seen as a "swelling of the ego".

With low doses you tend to explore "your world", with high doses you tend to explore "the world beyond your ego" and with extreme doses your ego is erased completely and all seperating barriers dissolve, as illustrated by Chinacat72 and Whiterasta in the "Thumbprint" thread.
Please note Chinacat's remark that "nothing will ever be the same again" which points towards a genuine "formatting" of individuality and not an imagined one.

There is nothing LOL about Egodeath. It is one of the most spiritually enriching experiences one can have in a lifetime. Getting finished with Egodeath is one of the hardest things to do, as it involves living through your very worst fears, typically dying or going insane.

People buying a 1/8 oz ticket tend to have not the slightest clue what they're getting into. They might expect a thrillride but may find the cart of their innermost Self whoosh over the rails of their Sanity in the Eternal rollercoaster of Life and Death.

Low doses usually allow you to explore the world you live in, and take a good look at the You that lives there. High doses will take you beyond the world you know into one of often unprecedented intesity.

There definately is a time and a place for high doses, going "astral", but exploring your garden-variety "earthly" world on a low dose can be just as rewarding... or dull.

In the ideal world a tripper can appreciate the high AND low doses, thats my convictions. I myself have had trips that were about as "recreational" as having your tongue trapped between the wires of a bugzapper but that doesnt stop me to enter the Psychedelic experience, whether it be a strong dose or a mild one.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4267013 - 06/07/05 08:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I love this thread and this conversation.

We really see eye to eye...

The crux, which I wish to get across, involves n00bs... therefore it is a touchy issue... because nothing sux more than a n00b who bites off more than they can chew. Still, n00bs need a slightly larger dose for their first trip, than they will need to get off the ground for future trips.

Like I said, a n00b needs .75-2g usually, to feel much of anything their first time. AFTER that, psychonauts are much more receptive to what a low dose can offer.

I wish I could suggest n00bs start with .25g... I'd sleep better at night... but I can't blow smoke up a n00b's ass. On micro-doses, I believe n00bs won't feel anything, or at least they won't have much reason to respect what they do feel.

On a side note, McKenna's calling a 5g dose a "heroic dose", errs on the side of caution, IMHO. 5g is really an upper-middle dose in my book... hardly a thumbprint... I don't think McKenna did any harm making 5g the accepted "Heroic" sized dose. It really is a fairly conservative high water mark. :smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4267221 - 06/07/05 10:00 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Psychedelics and n00bs is a hard call indeed.

I agree with you that many n00bs would need more psychedelics to achieve "strength X" than a veteran (who did not ruin his sensitivity by overindulgence) would.

But!

Most n00bs are way too casual about the set & setting and tend to pick up their sense of responsibility in later sessions. It is also a fact that a n00b is a Tabula Rasa: it is unknown how sensitive he is to psychedelics and, more importantly, whether his psychological condition allows him to trip *at all*
And there likely wont be a guide or even neutral friends present.

Lets take the garden variety Cubie with 10mg of 4-HO-DMT in 1.5gr. It will be taken by a garden variety n00b, and his generic response will be wow.

Now lets look at another case:

You've got a *potent* Cubie with 20mg of 4-HO-DMT in 1.5gr. It will be taken by someone of high sensitivity: four times more sensitive than average. You now have got a n00b on 1.5gr responding as if he were on 12 grams of garden variety Cubies. That's quite an oopsie!
Let's say that that happens in 1:100 cases that n00b meets shroom.

To go for the drama card let's assume he's (one in ten) people with an undiagnosed severe psychological disorder or undiagnosed schizophrenia either latent or active. And then an experience equivalent to 12 grams as a first time.. ouch!

If you at a low dose get overwhelmed or get really unpleasantly surprised its a damn good thing you didnt take more. If you were underimpressed however that might mean its a good idea to take a bit more the next time around. If being underimpressed the first time discourages you from ever trying them again then you really ought not trip anyway: then its a case of "invest nothing, gain nothing".

I don't want to turn people on. I'd like, in my advice, to be an intermediary between the n00b and the shr00m to try make their encounter a smooth one. To me the experience of a person who develops a longterm fruitful relationship with the mushrooms (= themselves through Lysergic eyes) is more important than those of 100 people who try it a few times and then quit.

In the first case true life-changing consciousness expansion occurs, in the hit-and-run cases people become more confused about life instead.

I cant nor should prevent people from making their own mistakes. But 12 years of psychedelic growth and study have convinced me it would be best to take it slow and gradually increase.

Quote:

On micro-doses, I believe n00bs won't feel anything, or at least they won't have much reason to respect what they do feel.

They will feel less then they will later on, I agree, and it will be far, far less refined than it will become later on.
It seems you're saying "n00bs should be smitten by the Force to teach them respect the hard way" :evil: (exaggerated, I agree)
I believe that the n00b who heeds the subtle signal often is the more suitable candidate in the long run.

Quote:

On a side note, McKenna's calling a 5g dose a "heroic dose", errs on the side of caution, IMHO. 5g is really an upper-middle dose in my book... hardly a thumbprint... I don't think McKenna did any harm making 5g the accepted "Heroic" sized dose. It really is a fairly conservative high water mark

A thumbprint is a dose in the order of one kilo of fresh mushrooms. It's a dose that, according to Chinacat, changes every single day of the rest of your life from that day onward, and I recall him saying that such a trip "never wears off". He also said that he later on took similar doses "at rock concerts" and lost most of his sensitivity.
Bless Chinacat, but at what point do you call an overdose toxic? What constitutes brain damage?

If a ten-strip of good blotter does not affect you anymore your brain has neurologically changed to a great extent.
Its not healthy to have been smitten by a blotter before, but hardly get hit by ten blotters today. It's neurological change that blots out the psychedelic experience.

Personally I believe that The Thumbprint constitutes a poisoning with lasting neurological consequences. I also believe that if there are detrimental effects to psychedelics, that they are cumulative and additive just like the beneficial effects are.

So basically I believe that regardless of the experience you get every single dose of psychedelics will effect a degree of lasting if not permanent change within you on a biological level. You may call it damage or alteration, but in both cases its a deviation from the state you were in.

Choosing to use psychedelics means choosing to alter your consciousness, from this day forward, forever, and change it such that there is a biological difference between the before and after of every dose you take.

If I had hard facts the DEA officials would take turns to give me head, because they would think up some anslinger propaganda with that "proof", so proof there is none, there only is a strong suspicion.

It's basically like Leary said a "consciousness-altering tool" all the time, even when you're merely watching Dragonball Z on Shrooms.

So at what point does "dosing" stop and "harming" begin? That's highly individual. Shroomery consensus is that 1.5-2gr is a good dose to start out a n00b. They themselves prefer 1/8 oz about once every two months and have a couple of years of tripping experience on average.

Compared to that 5 gram would be high. If you consider that Cubies on average contain 30-60mg Psilocybin per 5gr while almost all sources (and TiHKAL) recommend 10-20mg then that's quite high too, 1.5-3x the maximum recommended dose of literature.

Stanislav Grof, LSD therapist, says you can dose that high but you should be prepared for godawful things happening to you and that you'll go to Hell in a handbasket if you flee it, that you rather must confront it.

We also know that Terence McKenna, who recommended those 5 grams, was a profoundly peculiar person in the manner he spoke and what he said.

My problem with his "heroic dose" was especially with the word "heroic" which gives many people the wrong idea. He could have called it "direly intense dose" which, for most people, it definately is.

Fifty years later we still do not know what is a safe dose. I believe that for healthy people of average sensitivity under the right conditions a 5 gram dose can be taken but not without lasting changes in the brain which might not be reversible.
I hold this belief but find it acceptable to endulge in psychedelics in low, moderate and strong doses and effects.
I decided to permanently alter what I was into the Lysergic direction through truly mind-altering psychedelics.

I believe that most who trip today base their tripping decision on the thought it is somehow "harmless". And perhaps for most it is without harm, but it nontheless in my view has very real consequences beyond the readily appearant.

So I say: really, REALLY consider if you want to choose for lifelong irreversible change. And if you do, ease in and don't rush things. In your first encounters with anything you establish basic trust. It would be unfortunate to have things happen that are way too wild for you, hence I believe that the risk of being underimpressed is a joke compared to the risks of being overbombed beyond comprehension.

Cervantes: The ball's in your court!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
    #4267301 - 06/07/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This was an enjoyable conversation to read.  However, I believe that the  point of noobs taking minimal doses is a pretty frivalous point to try and get accross. Most people who eat them today have no appreciation for what they can and almost certainly will do.

Even my good friends who I will occasionally indulge in the mushroom experience with do not use them properly. I have tried preaching about the seriousness this drug can present itself with but noone takes the warnings. I myself was lucky to have a life changing experience no my first shroom trip, that has fortunatly turned out to be a permanent and positive one.

When I tell people this they either a) think im just talking out my ass trying to promote a habit of mine, or b) am some burned out hippy wanna-be who has taken too many drugs and fucked up his perception/reality/mind

Really it is quite the oppisite, mushrooms gave my life a positive ligth and I went from being a pothead who would eat a lot of pills and do w/e floated by at the time and earn shitty grades to a respectful, well maybe :wink:, member of society with a 3.9 in college, a great girlfriend who I love, a great relationship with my family that I never had growing up, and just an overall positive outlook on life and my future. (I still play by my own rules but I am definitly smarter and more productive about it)

I owe all of that and more to mushrooms. 

Now, I see where you are coming from with the warnings and reccomendations of low dose trips, but I feel personally that if I hadn't gotten my ass KICKED that one day I would not have stuck with the "just another drug" floating by at the time and my life would not be as wonderful as it is today. Not saying that you are wrong and I do  personally love small dose trips and a walk through the park, or just some good music, NOW.  At one time though I wouldn't have had any respect for that nostalgic "going back" feeling and mental exploration that a small dose can, scratch that, DOES produce.

I can eat .5 grams at this point in my psychedelic life and take a nice inner tour of my sense of being, and come out with a reading about how things are going, any changes that need to be made, and so on.

Just my two cents, and I've only been in this "game," to put it lightly, for 3-4 years now so take it for what it's worth

Peace.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Edited by sublime40oz (06/07/05 12:32 PM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Trip Report: 0.25 gr Cubie Tea -- Minimal Dosage revisited [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4267679 - 06/07/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

At one time though I wouldn't have had any respect for that nostalgic "going back" feeling and mental exploration that a small dose can

I think that is the problem. Ask a psychedelic user what the day looks like and you will get something like,"its a beautiful day, man." Ask a non psychedelic user and you get something like,"leave me alone I don't have any time..." It is a fundamental difference, as Wiccan said. With that said, Wiccan you seem to be seeing like many people who get really high do, that people are on the same level as you. Not many non psychedelic users are. The things we speak of are foreign to them and the sentence all is one is gibberish to their ears. I know because once I was in the boat of a naive person in the world, and a person that cannot appreciate a sunset can not even begin to appreciate a low dose. These people I feel need to be intiated. No one ever said trial by fire, but it is a possibility. I myself, launched into the psilocybin realm on five dried grams and it was absolutely wonderful and really showed me many things, mostly visual hallucinations. Granted you can go too high, but I think a higher dose is what most of western minded man needs to really unlock his psychdelic floodgate. Many people also have mental blocks and cannot sense anything on a low dose, 1-2 grams. But then, later on when they take more, they start to see the walls move.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Trip Report: 0.25 gr Cubie Tea -- Minimal Dosage revisited [Re: mecreateme]
    #4267848 - 06/07/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Low doses can be pretty uncomfortable, but I think that is why they are useful. You get the subconscious stuff to surface without blasting to a transcendent state (and plus you don't have as much cool stuff to look at). My first low shroom dose (1.5g) was barely felt until 3 hrs later and 1 bowl. My low dose of mescaline was actually pretty difficult because it was to weak to have mescaline euphoria, but still felt like my third eye was being pried open when I wanted it to sleep.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#4268008 - 06/07/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
What's "heroic" about five grams btw?

Terence Mckenna coined that term... he was speaking tongue-in-cheek, just emphasizing the courage needed to ingest 5 dried grams and take the ride.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: 0.25 gr Cubie Tea -- Minimal Dosage revisited [Re: Noviseer]
    #4268113 - 06/07/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Terence Mckenna coined that term... he was speaking tongue-in-cheek, just emphasizing the courage needed to ingest 5 dried grams and take the ride.

Thanks for pointing that out, there.
The thread stays interesting all the way down btw  :grin:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4268407 - 06/07/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan you seem to be seeing like many people who get really high do, that people are on the same level as you. Not many non psychedelic users are. The things we speak of are foreign to them and the sentence all is one is gibberish to their ears. I know because once I was in the boat of a naive person in the world, and a person that cannot appreciate a sunset can not even begin to appreciate a low dose.

When Timothy Leary was asked about regrets he remarked that he and his group underestimated the "genetic differences" in people and that "LSD isnt for everybody" contrary to what they once advocated, which included the idea to sell LSD in vending machines :shocked:

Indeed variation between people in al ways is vast. Many people between their 30s and 40s become stuck in a harness of unsavoury thoughts about the world which will be their prison for the rest of their lives in many cases :frown:

Example:
"Do you believe in life after death?"
"There's absolutely nothing. I vanish, thats it"
"Suppose there was reincarnation, would you.."
"I dont WANT to reincarnate, I dont want to go all through this again."
"Err.. do you like there to be nothing?"
"No. We're fucked while alive and then we lose it all and thats how it is."
This conversation actually went down between me and an elderly relative :frown:

Psychedelics can release "frozen" people by getting them thinking and experiencing new things again.

I can have fun standing in the pouring rain after the bus I was waiting for just drove by and splashed me. Psychedelics work alot with the "remote observer" (watching yourself as if from a distance) and the "remote observer" is one of the best tools of personal growth and it's a source of endless fun, and stability, at times when life gets dull or harsh.

Something I note with psychedelic veterans, like you said in a way, is this: you walk around having a pleasant communication. Then suddenly rain pours down and you get soaking wet. People with gray drooping faces hurry for shelter, but you, the veterans, smile all the while and walk on discussing what you did in the same good mood.
Whats pouring rain for a nontripper? "Goddammit, just typical :mad:" For a veteran it's: "LOL We're getting wet." Somehow the little things lose their ability to upset you after you've seen the Heavens and Hells of LSD. Successful psychedelic veterans tend to be nearly impervious to small intrusions on their good mood.

Ego Death is a great good, but it doesnt buy a hotdog and stroll through the sunny park. So cultivating a good ego is also very important, a nice and unblocked ego thats pleasant to be with, because you need an ego to have such trivial things as, lessay, a line of communication with the people around you.

In the ideal world a friend who displays psychedelic interest is informed, then screened to see whether he can take it from a mental health perspective, then prepared for the voyage and finally initiated by his or her Psychedelic friends. In such a case a megaton trip tends to be far better received by healthy persons than three d00ds who munch their first shrooms from a one-ounce baggie in the mall, dodging mallcops and parents.

The first trips tend to give pretty visuals. After Trip #10 you start to get elaborate scenery with psychologic content. By the time Trip #100 comes around the toilet door morphs into a face who unloads  profound spiritual Insights upon you while you unload yesterdays dinner into the toilet while the flopping of turds in the toilet doesnt distract you from the spiritual profundity of the experience as, well, All IS One after all :grin:
True spirituality isnt profaned by passing gas when you stand in front of your Maker :shocked:

Its also an interesting observation that people who grow spiritually in Lysergia see through the fakeness of much organized religion and tend to be to the point. It's interesting to have Jehova's Witnesses at your door, you testify about the Great Multidimensional Majesty of the Almighty and that they start saying basically: "err.. God isn't -that- big! There are books of restrictions you know? We are all sinners.." obviously freaked out to be confronted by firsthand spirituality :evil:

"The white man goes to church and talks about Jesus,
the native american (takes peyote) goes into his tipi and talks with Jesus."
Quanah Parker

But to get back on topic: The healthy person can handle the experience even if its overwhelming, but he really needs information and friends who go the whole psychedelic nine yards with them.
Psychedelics are but a part of the equasion, the true Initiation happens on the inside. If a Rite Of Passage is offered, a high first-time dose might be in order, but under normal conditions people should walk the path cautiously as they are underinformed and undersupported, which is a bad set and setting to get overbombed on.
Let's face it, we should conquer a province of Holland and declare the birth of the Psychedelic Nation of Lysergia.  :smile:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4268513 - 06/07/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I agree in an ideal world it would work similar to how you say. The real problem is the mall rats as you put. And the fact that people don't know what they are getting in to. Of course, how could you know cause life is all a big deluding game for you not to realize you are actually infinite. It works because it is perfect and even your striving against the perfection is written onto the tablet so to speak. The more you struggle, the more it binds you much like a straightjacket. We all have on a mental straightjacket and taking psychedelics can help to unravel it in a way.

Tripping doesn't always follow your trail when you eat a monster dose. You skip straight to the God/Information streaming into your head all the knowledge of THE GAME. It is really hard to give out advice about any form of tripping because there are so many variables.

I definitely agree, a Psychedelic/Space Capital of the World needs to be named. Holland sounds like one of the best candidates. Great idea :thumbup:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinefishbutt
mindexpander
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under The Sea
    #4268888 - 06/07/05 05:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ive def. had super inspiring trips off 1gram in tea than of what i have sometimes eating 3grams. I def. love the enhanced sensations of low doses! Good work

--------------------
Me, Take Shrooms???  You must be Trippin!!!

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Trip Report: 0.25 gr Cubie Tea -- Minimal Dosage revisited [Re: fishbutt]
    #4277887 - 06/09/05 09:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, excellent post wiccan. And great conversation. I was about to smoke a bowl, got to reading, and I still haven't! And if you knew me that says something. I'd love to try a low dose experiment.

The few times i did i was watching Return to Oz (a VERY odd movie, expecially with some mushrooms in your system) and listening to music, both times with a friend. So i think my appreciation of the effects were clouded by me "being me" and socializing about funny stuff. Not to say that i'm not very close with my friend, but anyone who's anyone knows that you just cannot be fully "alone" and "you" unless you're actually alone.

So yeah, i'd love to give this another go... and again, great thread! :strokebeard:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder