Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Few questions about heart
    #4225350 - 05/27/05 02:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

1.) Anyone know if arterial plaque (aka bullshit in my arteries and heart) can ever go away? Like if my diet fixed up TOMORROW and stayed that way (hypothetically) would my arteries clean up too? Like lungs..

2.) For like..so, so long I have always felt this random pain like, near where my heart is. But I'm only 19 and I don't want to believe it's my actual heart. Can the actual heart even feel pain? Could I be feeling some muscle near my heart? What the hell hurts.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Few questions about heart [Re: freddurgan]
    #4225896 - 05/27/05 09:37 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Fred, YES! YOU CAN HEAL YOUR HEART AND ARTERIES!

In my work I have seen it happen. I also use these methods to keep my own arteries clean. Im over 50 and very healthy, at least in body. :headbanger: :grin: You can PM me.

I doubt your heart is the problem at your age, unless you have heart problems already or feel weak and unhealthty.  But of course anything is possible. Look to anxiety or stress as a possible culprit. Blessings and Health. :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4226554 - 05/27/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

1) Yes if you change your diet to include more mono- and poly-unsaturated fats you should immediately start reducing the plaque in your arteries. The poly-unsaturated fats are best for this, I think, because they can actually dissolve saturated fats and plaques.

2) Angina (chest-pain) can be caused by a LOT of different things, some of which have nothing at all to do with your heart (like an ulcer). I have pains in my left chest at times, and have since I was about 19-20 (I'm 24 now). When it first started I went to my doc to ask her about it, and she had me go off to a lab for an ECG and ultrasound. Turns out I was actually in "excellent" cardiac health. She said I should have nothing to worry about, but to go to a hospital if the pain ever gets severe or I become weak/tired on a regular basis.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4227089 - 05/27/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
1) Yes if you change your diet to include more mono- and poly-unsaturated fats you should immediately start reducing the plaque in your arteries. The poly-unsaturated fats are best for this, I think, because they can actually dissolve saturated fats and plaques.

Yes, a diet rich in HDL's ("good-cholesterol") can actually reverse plaque build-up over time. And I have read research that indicates this build-up can start when a person is in their 'teens, so it's never too early to start thinking about this....

Quote:

2) Angina (chest-pain) can be caused by a LOT of different things, some of which have nothing at all to do with your heart (like an ulcer). I have pains in my left chest at times, and have since I was about 19-20 (I'm 24 now). When it first started I went to my doc to ask her about it, and she had me go off to a lab for an ECG and ultrasound. Turns out I was actually in "excellent" cardiac health. She said I should have nothing to worry about, but to go to a hospital if the pain ever gets severe or I become weak/tired on a regular basis.

While it's not unheard of for a 19 year-old to have heart problems, it's pretty rare. As Trendal said, many conditions can mimic heart disease, such as acid reflux, pulled muscles, etc.. If your family has a history of early onset heart disease, you may want to have that checked out. You may want to anyway, if you're so concerned about it....

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Few questions about heart [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4228821 - 05/28/05 12:11 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome replies.

I really dont know shit about "mono and poly unsaturated fats" and other such things. Anyone have any links? I should have listened in health class since I've taken it at least 5 times over the years =(

And my dad has a HUGE history of heart burn, and I'm getting there, but it's defenitely not heart burn. It's probably nothing and I won't worry about the heart.."soreness".

Thanks guys!

I'm heading to Kroger tomorrow to pick up some non-assy food for my body since my parents are gone for 4 days and I can eat what I want.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4229520 - 05/28/05 09:20 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Just look at the nutrient labels! (you guys do have those in the States, right?)

Lots of labels will let you know the specific amounts of each type of fat.

One of the things you want to stay away from, if at all possible, is ANY kind of hydrogenated oil. Margarine is mostly hydrogenated oil, for example.

Start using Olive oil on ANYTHING you would normally use vegetable oil on. Olive oil is an amazing foodstuff, LOADED with good fats. I only use olive oil for frying things now (no more butter/margarine!) and will add olive oil to any recipe I can (pour it on pasta, for example). You can get a lot of your calories from olive oil in this way.

I've heard that people in the Mediterranean get up to 60% of their calories from fats - mainly from olive oil. Yet they have one of the longest lifespans in the world.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4229932 - 05/28/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If your Dad has heartburn, and you do also. Look into GERD or Acid reflux. This could be your "heart" problem. If you have it PM me. I have some great advice having had it once myself.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Few questions about heart [Re: Icelander]
    #4230603 - 05/28/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well I've had some pretty rancid little heartburn episodes and I know what it feels like.

But this isn't it. I'm fairly sure my dad has Acid Reflux, and he get's it BAD sometimes. He'll just put down his fork during dinner and just kinda..stare off in pain for a while. It sucks.

And yeah we have nutrient labels, but I've only seen ONE label tell you what KIND of fat, and that is Honey Nut Cheerios. It says "Mono-unsaturated fats : ___" and
"Poly-unsaturated fats:  ___"

No other box I've ever seen tells me that much.

But Olive Oil I can do. Good tip :wink:

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #4265708 - 06/06/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Another thing you should look into is Grape Seed extract. There was a study published not too long ago about it's benefits. Supposedly in prevents the bad cholesterol, LDL I believe, from becoming sticky and adhering to the arterial walls.

My father died from a heart attack at only 40 so heart health is something I try and stay on top of.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom