Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Grinding Teeth
    #4221612 - 05/26/05 07:35 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My ex girlfriend and current gf both grind their teeth at night while they sleep. It has got to be one of the worst noisse to wake up to in the middle of the night. What are some reasons/causes for this? The ex had a bit of an anxiety disorder, sure there may be some stress, but grinding every night? How does one stop this? Is there a cure? Is it all mental?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Grinding Teeth [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4221618 - 05/26/05 07:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think it is almost entirely mental, mostly due to stress.

Actually, it's probably all due to stress.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #4221891 - 05/26/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think trendal is correct.

One thing to try. Just make sure she relaxes completely before falling asleep so she doesn't carry over any stress with her which the body will act on overnight.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not a big Christian or anything, but there is a good line in the Bible: "Do not let the sun go down on your wrath". I think that is good advice because it poisons your internal landscape and eventually finds expression in our outer actions.

So doing relaxation exercises while lying in bed to fall asleep should help. Reference Newton's First Law: An object at rest tends to stay at rest.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: Grinding Teeth [Re: Jellric]
    #4222074 - 05/26/05 10:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You COULD get her this super sexy thang!

OR.. check this funky shit out

Twenty percent of adults grind their teeth at night. Grinding (bruxism) can be caused by stress or an unconscious attempt to smooth out a poor bite. It wears down and may fracture teeth, and it can lead to gum and jaw problems.

Steps: 
1.  Make an appointment with your dentist, who will make a custom mouthpiece for you to wear at night. This will prevent further damage to your teeth and may reduce your tendency to grind. 

2.  Ask your dentist to file down your "high spots," which are any teeth that interfere with a comfortable, aligned bite. 

3.  Hold a warm, damp cloth next to your face for 10 minutes before you go to bed to help calm your jaw muscles. 

4.  Relax before bedtime by meditating, taking a hot bath or stretching. 

5.  Reduce alcohol and caffeine consumption. 

6.  Learn to reduce stress. Take stress management classes and learn relaxation techniques. 

Hope this helps.. I grind my teeth too.  Just started a few months ago.  I find that the more relaxing my day is.. the less I grind.  My girl isn't very annoyed by it. But if she does say anything, in the butt it goes!! (kidding! :wink: )

Sam

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: Grinding Teeth [Re: Sammy]
    #4222318 - 05/26/05 11:52 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, she's already got one of those. I try and keep her relaxed and stress free but I can't climb inside her head, so I guess it's pretty much up to her...
thanks guys.

OfflineEnCHaNTeDHoBBiT
Drug Connoisseur

Loc: Crawling on The Forest Fl...
    #4223001 - 05/26/05 02:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I dunno for sure but in that movie "From Dusk till Dawn", George Clooney tells Quentin Tarantino to take his medication for his problem with teeth grinding. It might be a prescription that could really help. Maybe she could check into this.

OfflineEarthAngel
Tripper

Loc: New Zealand
Re: Grinding Teeth [Re: EnCHaNTeDHoBBiT]
    #4223226 - 05/26/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Try sum magnesium

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Grinding Teeth [Re: EarthAngel]
    #4223276 - 05/26/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I grind my teeth and my dentist is making me one of those grinding things to put in my mouth before bed.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Grinding Teeth [Re: looner2]
    #4225304 - 05/27/05 02:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well actually this thread is really interesting.

I have a quickly worsening TMJ problem (aka, my jaw muscle is fucked ALL the time). The left side of my jaw POPS every time I open my mouth, WITH-OUT-FAIL. 100/100 times it will pop. If I touch the LEFT TMJ area, and then the right, the left one is way more stressed and tensed.

I talked to my dentist and he said it could be because I a.) grind or b.) clench. I also have a nightguard (not custom made).

Has anyone ever overcome this? I don't REALLY know where this stress could be coming from. I mean, I'm not the happiest guy in the world but I'm not really stressed out either.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineEarthAngel
Tripper

Re: Grinding Teeth [Re: freddurgan]
    #4235272 - 05/30/05 12:48 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
Well actually this thread is really interesting.

I have a quickly worsening TMJ problem (aka, my jaw muscle is fucked ALL the time). The left side of my jaw POPS every time I open my mouth, WITH-OUT-FAIL. 100/100 times it will pop. If I touch the LEFT TMJ area, and then the right, the left one is way more stressed and tensed.

I talked to my dentist and he said it could be because I a.) grind or b.) clench. I also have a nightguard (not custom made).

Has anyone ever overcome this? I don't REALLY know where this stress could be coming from. I mean, I'm not the happiest guy in the world but I'm not really stressed out either.

You will find "generally", that you will be needing your sacroiliac joint , which is the reciprical of the tmj, balanced aswell.you will never get full relief just working on the tmj. Try sum bodytalk or neurolink. :smile:

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Grinding Teeth [Re: EarthAngel]
    #4235423 - 05/30/05 01:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm afraid I really have no idea what you're talking about. What is bodytalk, and what is neurolink, and are they really going to help? I'm down for anything really. This jaw pain is a stake in the heart of an otherwise calm existence for me.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineEarthAngel
Tripper

Re: Grinding Teeth [Re: freddurgan]
    #4248819 - 06/02/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

go to www.bodytalksystem.com and find a practioner in your area.It should also give u a brief description of what it is, but basically, it works on the spiritual, mental, physical, subconsious and emotional level, and practioners are able to track down basically anything that has become "unconnected"with the bodys innate wisdom , therefore unable to hel itself. Bodytalk is gentle and non invasive and with a few links made you can have AMAZING results..
good luck :smile:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4963788 - 11/21/05 11:55 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

:bump:

I recently found that when the "current of flow" is not right..

when my lower teeth's are to far out, for hitting the upper teeth's right....

it is almost like a magnet, trying to get in the right position, for the best flow, yet being in conflict with the muscular positioning, one end up going back an forth, thus grinding..

.. I had something to say again, but fuck it.. it went gone, and I will post this, anyways.. so sorry for that abrupt ending, if so! :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (11/21/05 02:46 PM)

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: Grinding Teeth [Re: Gomp]
    #4963970 - 11/21/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

some teeth grinding has to due with stress sure.. but for the most part, if its everynight its going to be a chronic problem whether they're stressed or not. I grind my teeth in my sleep too, the only thing you can really do is go to the dentist nad get a molded insert to sleep with.

OfflineLifeIsSweet
Stranger
Re: Grinding Teeth [Re: vivid]
    #4985584 - 11/27/05 04:51 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I do the same thing, but I have a feeling it has to do with my upper wisdom teeth coming out...

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
    #4985655 - 11/27/05 07:25 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i grind my teeth really bad when i sleep.

i need to get a nightguard so i don't wear them down to nothingness. your gf should get one too, they're kinda pricey if you get a custom one at the dentist, but the custom ones are much more comfortable because they are made specifically for YOUR mouth and yours alone.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom