Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDruggie04
Stranger

Loc: NC
Am I resistant?
    #4211803 - 05/23/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, ive been tripping every few weeks for the last few months. My doses have ranged from 2-5g dry, but I have yet to experiance alot of visuals. Last time i took 4g dry on an empty stomich and 2-3 hours in the trip i was getting 0 visuals. Whats wrong? do i just need to up the dose?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Am I resistant? [Re: Druggie04]
    #4211847 - 05/23/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Double your dose, or do a lotta reading about MAOIs.

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Am I resistant? [Re: Kalix]
    #4211947 - 05/23/05 09:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Double your dose??? No, I wouldn't do that. MAO-is make the trip stronger, but they change it, it's serious stuff. I would say space your trips out further. Trip in the dark, and smoke a little bit of pot. Tripping isn't just the visuals, it's more of the icing on the cake.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4212075 - 05/23/05 09:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Have you tried closing you eyes for a while?

You'll see some pretty neat stuff I think.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Am I resistant? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4212157 - 05/23/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, take a month break..

And yeah, if you're doing it with friends, and they trip and have visuals but you don't, and it's a good amount, consider smoking some pot or maybe taking an MAOI.

4g and no visuals is a little odd, but if you were in daylight, daylight /bright light is supposed to inhibit visuals. And make sure how you eat your shrooms, consider eating them with some strong acidic drink, I've heard it's supposed to help draw out the chemicals. Make sure your shrooms aren't overheated or overdried in the drying process, or preparation process. Making a tea by boiling the mushrooms does damage them a little, and over time, dried mushrooms do lose potency, so that might have a little to do with it.

but 4g and no visuals is peculiar. try waiting a month, doing it at night time, smoke some pot, and see what happens?

--------------------
So it goes.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I resistant? [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4212173 - 05/23/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Grind the mushrooms in a coffee grinder and mix them with cold juice.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Offlinehedera
Stranger
Re: Am I resistant? [Re: gdman]
    #4213471 - 05/24/05 08:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah just double your dose or take an MAOI - the latter by far the best option IMO 3-5g syrian rue is usually enough - way better than shrooms on ther own

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I resistant? [Re: hedera]
    #4213590 - 05/24/05 09:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't do either, raise your dose, sure, but double it?

--------------------

OfflineDruggie04
Stranger

Loc: NC
    #4213935 - 05/24/05 11:37 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I have been tripping in the dark every time, and smoking pot with it. I think ill try 6-7g next time.

Offlinephutonrevolt
Fraudulent Foe

#4214961 - 05/24/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My girlfriend thought that she was "resistant" for a while, as she tried tripping on 1/8th of an ounce (3.5 grams) twice and felt nothing. She then upped it to 1/4th of an ounce and had a good trip. But, we found that if we procure shroom tea she can trip off of only a half an eighth of shrooms (about 1.75 grams).

You can find how to make tea online, but if you can't, PM me and I can try to explain the process.

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Am I resistant? [Re: phutonrevolt]
    #4216546 - 05/24/05 10:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i feel your pain. for some reason i cant have visuals off of shrooms, and i can eat like 7g's without getting a whole lot of effects.

ive tried 2.5g's on 250mg rue extract(maoi) and in was definitely a much more powerful trip than without, though i still failed to attain any visuals. i would suggest to start at that amount and work your way up.

whats your history of drug use? being an avid ayahuasca user, ive noticed that ive gained a slight permanent tolerance to DMT as i cant have visuals off of it anymore. since psilo and DMT are nearly identical, i associate the lack of visuals an result of this aquired tolerance. this is not to say that i couldnt have visuals off of shrooms anymore, but im sure it would require a much higher dose than most people can tolerate. but dont get down, i have a theory that us high tolerance people may require higher doses, but at the same time we can also reach higher states of trip than most people that require lower doses. think about it.

OfflineT85
Stranger

Loc: US
    #4216566 - 05/24/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

A few hits of pot will do wonders sometimes, at least it has with me when I'm not getting the strong effects desired. :rasta: It's at least worth a try.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Am I resistant? [Re: yousuck]
    #4218058 - 05/25/05 10:26 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Perhaps you should try working with the mushroom more.
What you have I think is a major psychic block. It will take a monster dose of shrooms or whatever to break it, but once you have broken through, you do not need so much. And you can trip hard, but all of us are the same person, there are no people that can reach higher states of trip than others. We are equal and can all faccilitate anything inside of ourselves. Each and every one of us is like a blank slate that anything can be written on. Sure, some messages and art look better than others but it is all writing on a blank slate. :sun:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Am I resistant? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4218141 - 05/25/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah? you think tolerance is something that can be overcome? well, we'll see cause i plan on doing either 3.5g's with maoi, or 14g's without. if that doesnt work im going for the ounce.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4218147 - 05/25/05 10:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If you're going to use an MAO-i, I would lower the your dose even more.

--------------------

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

#4218191 - 05/25/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ive already tried 2.5g with an maoi, it was powerful but not as powerful as i can handle.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4219451 - 05/25/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I have no idea why you guys are looking for visuals. Take the mushrooms for what they are. When you no longer seek the visuals you will have the most beautiful and amazing visions and visual hallucinations could think of. What is funny is they won't really matter anymore. Visuals are like icing on the cake, they are only a part of the whole, and whole is what you go for. You will get visuals when you are meant to get them, but I think you will be much more fascinated by yourself and the predicament we are all in.

It takes some people many times to trip properly off of shrooms. You gotta get things right, not only in the real world, but also in your mind.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Am I resistant? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4220574 - 05/25/05 10:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you know how frustrating it is to get visuals on the first couple trips and then never again be able to attain them? im not a avid fan of visuals, but i dont understand why a trip characteristic has to dissapear over time.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#4220875 - 05/25/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Try making tea, or change your shroom dealer... maybe you're just getting shitty shrooms.

I wouldn't take an MAOI... upping your dose would be a better idea.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies