Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerungi
journeymana

mycelium on stalk
    #4208151 - 05/22/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone know what causes mycelium to grow up from the base of the stalk,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: mycelium on stalk [Re: rungi]
    #4208561 - 05/22/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think it's from humidity or thats what someone told me, but I always have that happen. Nothing to worry about.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Invisiblecrazytalken
SELECT
 User Gallery

#4210660 - 05/23/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yup, high humidity will do it. Sends the myc. into growth while pinning and sometimes takes over the smaller pins. It adds some good last day weight on my babys though.

--------------------
**"Both the psychedelic dream state and the waking psychedelic state acquire great import because they reveal to life a task: to become familiar with this dimension that is causing being, in order to be familiar with it at the moment of passing from life." -Terence McKenna

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: mycelium on stalk [Re: crazytalken]
    #4217743 - 05/25/05 08:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

It adds some good last day weight on my babys though

Sorry for the newb question, but does the myc contain lelvels of Psilocbin also?

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: mycelium on stalk [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4217769 - 05/25/05 08:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah...where do you think the shrooms get it from?...It's certainly not from the rice or vermiculite otherwise we would just eat that stuff and not bother growing.

Invisiblecrazytalken
SELECT
 User Gallery

Re: mycelium on stalk [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4223223 - 05/26/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yes...there are some people who just grow mycelium and do a chemical extraction on it before shroom pins come up.

--------------------
**"Both the psychedelic dream state and the waking psychedelic state acquire great import because they reveal to life a task: to become familiar with this dimension that is causing being, in order to be familiar with it at the moment of passing from life." -Terence McKenna

Offlinecheech101
most likely alittle hazy

Loc: The Dark Side of the Moon
Re: mycelium on stalk [Re: crazytalken]
    #4223385 - 05/26/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

have you ever eaten a cake before??? Nasty

--------------------
"Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be."

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: mycelium on stalk [Re: cheech101]
    #4223387 - 05/26/05 04:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i will admit it... ive done it...yes its nasty as hell!.... didnt work either... was my last resort cuz it stopped colonizing and i didnt kno wut to do with it back then... i was such a newb lol

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineCaptAmazing
Stranger
Re: mycelium on stalk [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4225115 - 05/27/05 01:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've found that if myc' grows up stems on just growing mushrooms it can cause them to abort. I have a theory that it is also caused by a lack of moisture in the casing....ive only had this once so it's just a theory.

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

Re: mycelium on stalk [Re: CaptAmazing]
    #4229314 - 05/28/05 04:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ehhhh, every abort i've ever had was like under 3/4 of an inch. never had anything bigger than that abort ever...

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

Offlinebumper
Playin EVE
 User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Canada
    #4229332 - 05/28/05 04:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

From my experiences, when it grows up the mushroom (like halfway up) its a lack in humidity, if it stays around the base of the mushrooms then the humidity is good.

Have a good one.

--------------------
Pitbulls are like any other dog, they can be trained to be nasty or they can be trained to be good, some are smart and some are stupid, just like every other breed.
Their tough, stubborn and loyal, which is easily turned into something horrible in the wrong hands.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: mycelium on stalk [Re: bumper]
    #4229354 - 05/28/05 06:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah...where do you think the shrooms get it from?...It's certainly not from the rice or vermiculite otherwise we would just eat that stuff and not bother growing.

Wrong. Where do you think Myc. comes from? The chemicals are produced From the Rice. Verm. has no nutes.

Quote:

From my experiences, when it grows up the mushroom (like halfway up) its a lack in humidity, if it stays around the base of the mushrooms then the humidity is good.

That's more like it :cheers:

Quote:

ehhhh, every abort i've ever had was like under 3/4 of an inch. never had anything bigger than that abort ever...

I've had an entire flush abhort, lack of water in the substrate...Nothing but a Whole bunch of mature mushrooms...Well they were about 3-4 inches tell...And they broke veils...no spores...that was a sad day...

Quote:

Yes...there are some people who just grow mycelium and do a chemical extraction on it before shroom pins come up.

Kind of...No exactly like that though.

I've read of people growing cakes and then extracing it out of the cake (tedious proceduce) and i've seen others grow it in LC's and extract it out of that.

I find it to be a waste of time since there's such little chemicals in the mycelium it's self...

Tc

-Gnostic

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract