Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZaqer
Stranger
Spaced-out/ unbalanced from pot??
    #4206332 - 05/22/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone, im new here and would like to know something. I have been suffering with panic disorder ever since i was a little kid. I am 18 now and its gotten worst. But the main symptom i hate is this "unreal" feeling, as if im not really here and i just feel really spaced-out mostly all day everyday. I have been smoking pot everyday for the past 4-5 monthes or so. I heard about alot of people getting panic attacks when smoking weed, and i get them also, but i never thought about quitting pot because my attacks only lasts for a couple of minutes while im coming up then after that i just have fun. Another thing is i also feel vertigo alot and unbalanced. Do you think this could be from smoking pot everyday especially since i already had panic disorder? I just feel as if im going nuts sometimes and would like some clarity on this subject.  :stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Spaced-out/ unbalanced from pot?? [Re: Zaqer]
    #4206386 - 05/22/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I couldn't think or act straight when I used to smoke heavily, so pot is definitely not helping you here, especially if you have any type of existing conditions. You won't miss it when it's gone, and you'll enjoy the everyday clarity of sobriety, believe me. Pot really screwed me up when I was smoking daily, and I cannot smoke even to this day. Different reactions to different chemicals for everyone. Anyways, my advice is to quit smoking herb completely, time can heal a lot of things exceptionally well.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Edited by Diver (05/22/05 11:33 AM)

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: Spaced-out/ unbalanced from pot?? [Re: Holydiver]
    #4206486 - 05/22/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What you have my friend is a dissociative disorder named derealization. Do a Google search for more detailed explanations of this disorder.

If you want to improve your symptoms I advise you to do the following:

Quit using marijuana and all other drugs (including mild stimulants such as caffeine and sugar!) for the time being. You may still use smaller doses of herbal tranquilizers such as Kava Kava, Valerian, Hops, etc. It?s very important you follow this rule or your problem will only worsen in time!

If you?re practicing any kind of meditation, lucid dreaming technique, trance dance or other dissociative procedure stop it now. The only exceptions to this rule are the grounding exercises. You should be doing plenty of those. Do a Google search for specific techniques.

Start to focus on your body. A lot of people with dissociative disorders live in their heads. Since they aren?t grounded in their bodies and feelings, they dissociate and get blown away with ease. Working out in the gym, gardening, taking long walks, will all help you get grounded.

There?s more to this, but that?s the most important stuff. You will find more on sites that Google will throw up.

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

OfflineZaqer
Stranger
Re: Spaced-out/ unbalanced from pot?? [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4206766 - 05/22/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

redtailedhawk said:
What you have my friend is a dissociative disorder named derealization. Do a Google search for more detailed explanations of this disorder.

If you want to improve your symptoms I advise you to do the following:

Quit using marijuana and all other drugs (including mild stimulants such as caffeine and sugar!) for the time being. You may still use smaller doses of herbal tranquilizers such as Kava Kava, Valerian, Hops, etc. It?s very important you follow this rule or your problem will only worsen in time!

If you?re practicing any kind of meditation, lucid dreaming technique, trance dance or other dissociative procedure stop it now. The only exceptions to this rule are the grounding exercises. You should be doing plenty of those. Do a Google search for specific techniques.

Start to focus on your body. A lot of people with dissociative disorders live in their heads. Since they aren?t grounded in their bodies and feelings, they dissociate and get blown away with ease. Working out in the gym, gardening, taking long walks, will all help you get grounded.

There?s more to this, but that?s the most important stuff. You will find more on sites that Google will throw up.

Thanks for the advice man. Well i only smoke pot and i did shrooms once like 3 monthes ago had a pretty good trip surprisingly. I was thinking what if i was to start working out, taking vitamins daily, go to therapy for my disorder and still smoke pot? Do you think that will be good? I dont smoke pot because i have some kind of psychological dependency or addiction, i smoke because i just really enjoy it(even though i feel dissociated). I feel dissociated the most when im high only and burned out. And also do you think shrooms wouldnt be good for a person like me?

Edited by Zaqer (05/22/05 01:18 PM)

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
    #4207179 - 05/22/05 04:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Working out, vitamins and therapy are all great ideas! Unfortunately, I am certain from my personal experience and experiences of others that you will not recover if you continue to smoke pot. Sorry. If you must, try experimenting with alternative smoking herbs (http://home.teleport.com/~howieb/smoking/smoke1.html).

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Invisiblebudsicle
s?igh?tsee?r

Re: Spaced-out/ unbalanced from pot?? [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4207418 - 05/22/05 05:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah when i was smokin daily for long periods i started feelin like that eventually too so i had to stop.. now its just an occasional thing. take a break and clear ya head theres always time to smoke again later when ya feel more confident about it

Invisiblebudsicle
s?igh?tsee?r

Re: Spaced-out/ unbalanced from pot?? [Re: budsicle]
    #4207448 - 05/22/05 05:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

o and welcome to board, im rather new also :smile:

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4207857 - 05/22/05 08:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

feeling spaced out and depersonalization can be negative side effects of smoking too much dope but you definately shouldn't be feeling unbalanced or having any feelings of vertigo. Those can be symptoms of a more serious condition maybe inner ear infection or something in the inner ear I would see a doc about that.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlinesignoffate
Only Human
Loc: Where is here?
Re: Spaced-out/ unbalanced from pot?? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4208418 - 05/22/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I know exactly how your feeling, I ate a couple of quarter pounders for supper tonight, man am I spaced!@ I can almost feel the fat clogging up my arteries, and I am freaking out here because I know that the 100% beef was totally grown with Genetically modified feed, pumped full of hormones, antibiotics, and other delicious treats. I am feeling out of balance and a little worried that maybe I am not really real now, like a bleached bun... oh oh oh!!!
I think I need a little THC.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale