Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Capsule materials causing nausea?
    #4199517 - 05/20/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Does anyone suspect the capsule material (gelatin) is a cause of nausea when taking mushroom pills? 
    I'm having a bit of trouble with nausea of late.  I've seen tea mentioned, but I'd think that would tend to make me feel ill, too.  I don't understand why running warm water over mushroom powder and then drinking the tea would be less upsetting to the stomach than just eating them.  Maybe my stomach is weird.
    So I've seen ginger is an option, taking them mixed in juice, Emetrol or some sort of anti-nausea drug.  I've tried baking soda and water in the past...this works all right, but, isn't great. 
    Just looking for other options.  Maybe I just had a bad night?  :shrug:
    I'm trying to work my way up to a level 5 trip, but I need to find a way to deal with this nausea so I don't puke everything back up when I eat like 5 or 6 dry grams. 

Any other options people have?  I may just have to take a few extra trips to find a good method of combatting the nausea that works for me.  Oh, what painful labor!  Now I _have_ to trip more to figure this out.  :smirk:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Capsule materials causing nausea? [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4199697 - 05/20/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yep, I know several people who can't stomach the capsule material. 

So yes, blending the shrooms into OJ might be a good way to go. 

You might also be able to put all the powder into a shot glass, add some liquid, and then take it like a shot. 

My group uses ginger capsules and papaya enzyme pills for nausea.  We take two of each type 15-20 minutes prior to taking the shrooms.  They seem to do their job. 

Good luck.  I'm sure you'll find something that will work for you.  :heart:

Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Loc: Pythagorean Temple
    #4199852 - 05/20/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

vegetarian capsules are said to decrease the nausea from the experience...

--------------------
z(0)=pixel;z(n+1)=z(n)^2+c

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Capsule materials causing nausea? [Re: MOTH]
    #4200154 - 05/20/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks!  Just read up on ginger and papain.  Sounds like a good combo.  I'll order some along with some other supplements I'm getting.  Cheers. :cool:

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4200177 - 05/20/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Tea may be your best route... it is the fibres in the mushrooms that cause most discomfort.

That said, many people get discomfort while tripping on anything. It is a side effect of tripping, and if you can convince yourself it is all mental, it usually goes away.

Leary talks a lot about stomach discomfort in:
The Psychedelic Experience

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4201181 - 05/20/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It could also be the dry fungal material expanding in your stomach, causing you discomfort. With tea for example, there's no material to expand.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Capsule materials causing nausea? [Re: dblaney]
    #4201752 - 05/20/05 11:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm.  Tea does sound like a good idea...but I find even normal tea can make me nauseated on an empty stomach. 
I DID go get some Papaya enzymes and bought some bulk ginger root (shredded). 

I boiled about a tablespoon or two of ginger root in about a liter of water, then let it sort of simmer for around 90 minutes.  I let this cool, then dumped it all (chunks of ginger and liquid) into a bottle and it's in the fridge. 

I am pleasantly surprised at its efficacy. 

Thanks Ellemyshade!  Great idea. :sun:

Buying bulk dried ginger is far cheaper than buying ginger pills.  And you can just make a tea ahead of time, then cool it, put it in a used water bottle, and have it to drink like a tonic any time you might feel ill.  I will experiment with this remedy in the future.  But, I _do_ think part of my problem was the capsule material (this occurred with both v-caps and gelatin caps).

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order