Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblefearfect
music, schizophrenia, and drugs
    #4182695 - 05/16/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

a few months ago i had a strange salvia trip. i was trying to have a *not weird* trip, as I have always had very disturbing and dillusional times with this substance. So anyway I was playing with my brain again and decided to turn on some slow interesting music and chose tool's cover of no quarter. i took my second hit as reality started melting away. right after i was.. gone, it was at the part where maynard says "lock the door, kill the light" but i was hearing other words. I don't recall what they were but they were terrifying and i experienced the worst panic attack i've had. the only thing i can compare it to is something i read in a autobiography of a schizophrenic as complete and total anxiety. I felt like I needed to just RUN.

well anyway, today at work i was listening to tool's Salival with that song on it, doing my work. When the song came on, i started feeling kind of sick and it felt like my heart was fluttering and a mild panic attack started coming on. Very very strange feelings. So I went to the bathroom and "grounded" myself by putting things in to perspective and realizing what was happening and was able to control it. Anyway just thought I'd share. I'm probably sick in the head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehollandstulips
dutchess

Re: music, schizophrenia, and drugs [Re: fearfect]
    #4182732 - 05/16/05 03:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like a case of classical conditioning. you simply associated the song and the freaky trip. don't worry, play the song while doing something enjoyable and you can reverse the conditioning. once i was listening to night on bald mountain while tripping- it got so intense i had to turn the song off and find happy music!

--------------------
"Those who shun whimsy of all things will experience rigor mortis before death" t. robbins

Offlinenitroguy
SeiZureS

Re: music, schizophrenia, and drugs [Re: hollandstulips]
    #4297097 - 06/14/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hollandstulips said:
sounds like a case of classical conditioning. you simply associated the song and the freaky trip.

Exactly, one time I had a bad trip while watching the sunset then for weeks afterwards if I noticed the sunsetting I would get this sick, shitty feeling. Just keep it up and fight the condition by overplaying that song.

--------------------
...Weapons are meant for destruction,
and thus are avoided by the wise.
Only as a last resort
will a wise person use a deadly weapon.
If peace is her true objective
how can she rejoice in the victory of war?
Those who rejoice in victory
delight in the slaughter of humanity.
Those who resort to violence
will never bring peace to the world...

Lao-Tzu, "Tao Te Ching--31" trans. J.H. McDonald

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: music, schizophrenia, and drugs [Re: hollandstulips]
    #4297110 - 06/14/05 10:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hollandstulips said:
sounds like a case of classical conditioning.

No doubt.  You pulled a Clockwork Orange on yourself! :grin:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom