Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephilistine4life
eater of shit
1st timer -steps to prevent contamination?
    #417555 - 10/08/01 01:58 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

ok im waiting for spores in the mail and will grow for the first time with pf-tek. now ive heard from sooo many that contamination is incredibly hard to beat of and of people fucking sterilziing EVERYTHING in the house, even can of lysol. i read the pf-tek and i didnt pick up on anything more than boiling the jars as far as sterilization. am i not being told something.. ive heard alcohol swabs at the 4 holes is good and something about using hydrogen peroxide. arg, can someone help me out? thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomster
journeyman

Loc: Utah
Re: 1st timer -steps to prevent contamination? [Re: philistine4life]
    #417602 - 10/08/01 03:44 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

If anythings is worth doing do it wright. sterilization is not a simple process. If this is your first time growing you can't just read the pf tek and think you know it all. i would sugest doing some more homework, there a hundreds of site with great info on the subject. some are simple and some are more complex. educate yourself so you can make good choices. Try the hawk eyes sterilization tips.

Best of luck.

***** Margaritaville*****
Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
( Jimmy Buffett ):crazy: 

--------------------
        ***** Margaritaville*****
Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
( Jimmy Buffett ):crazy: 

Offlinephilistine4life
eater of shit
Re: 1st timer -steps to prevent contamination? [Re: TheShroomster]
    #418328 - 10/08/01 02:14 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i did read the hawk's eye sterilization guide and its insane. i didnt think that youde ever need to sterilize that much unless you were wanting to make 100% sure of no contamination. well i guess ill have to follow what it says. and i thought cubensis werent that hard to grow, huh.

Offlinefresh357
addict

#418332 - 10/08/01 02:20 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

its not as bad as it seems. just use the stove during innoculation, and be sure to use a pressure cooker.

ive had jars work when i was first starting, and my contam safeguards were terrible, but i did use the stove during innoculation, that might have made the difference.

Anonymous

#418340 - 10/08/01 02:26 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

>>well i guess ill have to follow what it says. and i thought cubensis werent that hard to grow, huh.

Not hard to grow...just easy to contam

Offlinephilistine4life
eater of shit
Re: 1st timer -steps to prevent contamination? [Re: fresh357]
    #418507 - 10/08/01 04:51 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

you used a stove to innoculate? you mean to cook the jars or for innoculating the subtrate with spores?

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
    #418528 - 10/08/01 05:12 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

When you innoculate the jars with your spore syringe, turn your oven on the lowest heat setting. Pull one of the racks out far enough that you can set stuff on it and also work on it. Place your jars on the rack and open it, only after the oven has heated up and there is a steady flow of warm air rising. The steady flow of air will keep anything from dropping on the jars. Then flame the syringe needle in an alcohol flame before each time entering a hole in the jar. You should have no contaminated jars this way.

?But I don?t want to go among mad people,? Alice remarked.
?Oh, you can?t help that,? said the Cat: I`m mad,Your mad.we`re ALL MAD!!!! hahahahaha"

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds