Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineciscokid670
Joe Momma
Mushrooms aren't growing mycellium is healthy tho
    #4168645 - 05/12/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

my cakes are fully colonized and it looks like pins are starting to grow but there are no caps on the pins. they are a little fuzzy where the pins seem to be coming out. i've got two other cakes in the chamber towards the back of the rubber maid. they look about the same as this cake except they are a lot bigger. its been about three days since i put the cakes in my fruiting chamber. it looks humid enough in there and its usually kept pretty warm. i have a light on them about 10 hours a day. so what is up with my cakes?

i have pictures but i don't know how to post them, can anyone tell me how?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
Re: Mushrooms aren't growing mycellium is healthy tho [Re: ciscokid670]
    #4168651 - 05/12/05 09:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

what temp?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Mushrooms aren't growing mycellium is healthy tho [Re: lowdominion]
    #4168654 - 05/12/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Pins dont start out with a visible cap, you will start to notice the tops of them darkening up and begin forming caps.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Mushrooms aren't growing mycellium is healthy tho [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4168660 - 05/12/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

On another note, get a hygrometer so you know exactly what your huimidity and tems are. This will help you alot, you really do need to know what conditions your mushrooms are growing in. 3 days is not much time to be waiting for pins, usually they show up in about a week to ten days, sometimes longer.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract