Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

what is cold shock mean
    #4167213 - 05/12/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

im readin about certain strains and wonderin what cold shock means. some say yes and some say no.

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRetired
Re: what is cold shock mean [Re: DeadPhan]
    #4167222 - 05/12/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

cold shock is inducing fruit. you just stick your colinized cakes in a bag in the fridge overnight then fruit them. sometimes it just gives them a kick in the ass to get going.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4167274 - 05/12/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I wish I could ban people like you. Six of the most basic questions I've ever seen asked today from you.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Loc: Southeast Tennessee
Re: what is cold shock mean [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4167279 - 05/12/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
I wish I could ban people like you. Six of the most basic questions I've ever seen asked today from you.

Isn't it easier just to ignore these topics than to post complaints on them?

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: what is cold shock mean [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4167291 - 05/12/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

my bad man....just figured of all places to ask for info itd be here. i understand there is plenty of stuff to look up to find the answers but, maybe its just cause im a dumass but sometimes it takes me mad long to find certain things as there is just so much out there. sorry if im taking up bandwith. ill do my best from here on in to use the message board as a last resort of questions.

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what is cold shock mean [Re: GatorB]
    #4167301 - 05/12/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Not when they reoccur. There litterally are 6 stupid posts from him on page 1...I read every post that gets posted and I just started noticing that there were alot of stupid basic questions asked today (none of which I replied negativly to)...then I notice all are made by the same person. "Whats a substrate, whats a cold shock" I mean give me a fucking break. Yes it is easy enough to ignore, but it took 5 seconds to type that I wish I had the ability to ban people who waste bandwidth and space on the board with such things that show they havnt read anything.

Isnt it easy to ignore my posts for you as well?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: what is cold shock mean [Re: GatorB]
    #4167304 - 05/12/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You might be right Gator, but I agree with Scat. Seriously.. that's why there's a search function.. that's why there are the FAQ pages. We'd see the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over again if we didn't encourage people to do their own research. This also prevents other questions from being asked in the future that could have been pretty easily found out by the asker. It's not bad to ask questions.. but when does it become insanely obvious that you want everyone else to do your work for you?

That's my .02

Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Loc: Southeast Tennessee
Re: what is cold shock mean [Re: Sammy]
    #4167331 - 05/12/05 04:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I agree, it's bull, but I mean ignoring him might frustrate him more than saying stuff back to him and might prompt him to find out on his own.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4167351 - 05/12/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DeadPhan said:
my bad man....just figured of all places to ask for info itd be here. i understand there is plenty of stuff to look up to find the answers but, maybe its just cause im a dumass but sometimes it takes me mad long to find certain things as there is just so much out there. sorry if im taking up bandwith. ill do my best from here on in to use the message board as a last resort of questions.

Its ok man, I understand SOMETIMES. Just the "What is a substrate" question along with all these others really got me. You cant know ANYTHING about mushrooms without knowing what substrate is. I was a bit of an asshole though with the Ban thing...instead I'll try and help you out. First off the glossaries:

http://www.shroomery.org/glossary.php
http://shroomery.org/glossary2.php

Read both, and bookmark them. If you need to know a word, check there first. If you still cant find it check these two search pages we have on the shroomery:
This ones the best. Use the second on the page (the google one) to search the whole site:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3168

This will search the message board:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php?Cat=

Make sure you select the correct group of forums (or all of them) and give some keywords and make sure you change the date range since the deault is topics with 1 Month..I like within 1 year, or at least a few months.

Theres information on the search sites, and on this forum (look at the topics pinned to the top of the forum) on how to properly use the functions and pages to find what you need.

This is the basic main FAQ page...select a catagory from there to learn:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/faq2.php

Or just go right to mushroom cult FAQs:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3

And read EVERYTHING you can there. The more you read, the more things will make sense.

After youve read some and you have some real questions to ask, feel free to not be afraid to post, but make sure you've done some reading first, I can tell from your questions you probably just started reading a few hours ago.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains