Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Loc: Flip Side
Need some advice, I might have some bugs
    #4162403 - 05/11/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think my casing may be compromised. Apart from the odd looking whispy stuff on top of the casing layer (may be mycellium, gonna post closeup pics later. I noticed a couple of small insects in my mini grow chamber that has my test casing in it. They are about the size of you common ant, however it has wings that are barely visible. I've only spotted one live one and a dead one in a droplet of water on ther side of the chamber. Am I screwed? Or could my fruits still be safe to eat?  :confused:

I will update a little later with some pics of the casing and chamber.

--------------------
PAN CYAN & AZURE FOR TRADE

"If ignorance is bliss, THEN KNOCK THE SMILE OFF MY FACE!" - Zach de la Rocha

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!" -Bill Hicks-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpencyspence28
Texan CubeFarmer
Loc: Tx.
Re: Need some advice, I might have some bugs [Re: Lucid_Euphoria]
    #4162531 - 05/11/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have the same thing.I still eat em.Mine are little tiny black bugs.

InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

Re: Need some advice, I might have some bugs [Re: Spencyspence28]
    #4162990 - 05/11/05 05:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone else have an opinion on this? I'm trying to figure out how I got an insect in there. Unless it lived thorugh 10 mins of microwaving in the casing mixture, or possibly got in through the polyfill.

Here is a picture of a corner of the casing:

What is confusing to me are two things. There seems to be some whispy strands sort of covering the center area of the casing. Not so mucho n the sides. The other thing is that it looks like primordia are growing but I never saw any of the brown/reddish "pins" that from what I've read should appear before the primordia start growing out.

--------------------

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather!" -Bill Hicks-

Edited by Lucid_Euphoria (05/11/05 05:54 PM)

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
    #4163077 - 05/11/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I can see visable pins. It sounds like you've gotten white flies or fungal gnats. That will prolly be the only flush you'll be able to salvage. I hate those fuckers. But they come with the territory this time of the year. Don't worry with eating the fruits. They'll be fine.

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Re: Need some advice, I might have some bugs [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4163111 - 05/11/05 06:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Edit: Why don't you try a bleach dunk after this flush to see if it works for getting the eggs? 1:80 ratio works for trich. Try that ratio for the eggs to see if it works. Fuck it! It can't hurt!

InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

#4163135 - 05/11/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the heads up. They definately aren't the white lookin flies that I've seen pics of. How about the strandy stuff in the middle of the casing? Think its mycellium or a contam?

Sorry I know the pic sucks. I took about 5 shots and thats the best one I could get. I need to play with my digicam more and figure out what works best. Anyway the casing looks a little try and crumbly to me. Is it too late to mist over the casing? I'd hate for it to dry out and stall before I get a flush out of it. Not really worried about gettin more than one flush from it, as it was simply an experimental casing I did with some leftover WBS I had from my bulk trays *see my other recent post for some pics!*

--------------------

Edited by Lucid_Euphoria (05/11/05 06:15 PM)

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

#4163181 - 05/11/05 06:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You know. It's hard to tell if it's cobweb mold or mushroom mycelium. Allow it to continue on. If it start to fluff up about an inch above the casing layer then its cobweb. Cobweb is a greyish color. It even smells sorta musty. Cobweb can easily be beat by misting pure 3% hydrogen peroxide directly on it. 2 shots and no more.

InvisibleLucid_Euphoria
Sojourner

#4163197 - 05/11/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thats what other have told me. This hasn't grown vertically at all, however it seems to be a little more grey than the other mycellium protruding through the casing (although those are pins for the most part). Maybe I'll spray if it gets worse but its been about the same for 2-3 days now so I think I'll be alright.

--------------------

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

#4163213 - 05/11/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sound good. Cobweb won't kill ya! Trust me. You'll know if it's cobweb. It looks almost identical to a cobweb.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder