Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefreezepooter
Rainy DayMushroom Pillow
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Different Mushrooms to Hunt in PNW (WA) and their availability
    #4158381 - 05/10/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I know that the true season for washinton shrooms is in the fall but i want to know which mushroom would be most abundant in the spring summer and fall. I live in washington right next to the woods and close to the cow farms east into the snohomish valley. It would be very helpfull to know which mushroom to hunt for so i can recieve the best results. correct me if i am wrong but for spring it would be best to check the feilds for liberty caps and stunzii. summer only liberty caps in the feilds, and fall for liberty caps in feilds, cyans and azers in woods. with liberty caps easiest to find. I have seen the various cyans found a few weeks ago but i was wondering if anyone has spotted a Liberty cap in or around Washington or snohomish valley. recently I have searched the woods and came out with various species of beautiful pysathyrella. I pray that the locations in this post are broad enough for moderaters and that I will get some helpfull information on the subject

thanks

-rella

:cool:

--------------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Different Mushrooms to Hunt in PNW (WA) and their availability [Re: freezepooter]
    #4158672 - 05/10/05 05:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

freezepooter said:
for spring it would be best to check the feilds for liberty caps and stunzii.

You aren't likely to find stunzii in the field, you'll find them in newly laid lawns or mulch.
Quote:

freezepooter said: summer only liberty caps in the feilds,

More likely to find stunzii than libs.
Quote:

freezepooter said: and fall for liberty caps in feilds, cyans and azers in woods. with liberty caps easiest to find.

Yep, libs in the fields but cyans are going to be in woodchips not the woods and you won't find Azures in Snoho.

Peace

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
Re: Different Mushrooms to Hunt in PNW (WA) and their availability [Re: @cro] * 1
    #4158944 - 05/10/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you live in the PNW you don't ned to invade peoples fields to find shrooms. Tresspasing is very dangerous. Your odds of being arrested go way up. Picking some cyans in a park in the fall is much safer. Stunzii can be found here and their during the spring, in parks, grass, wood chips etc. Stunzii are more common in the fall however.

Really, stay out of peoples fields.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: Different Mushrooms to Hunt in PNW (WA) and their availability [Re: SoftRat]
    #4158970 - 05/10/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've been out hunting for the last two weeks and only found some inactives. The extent to which we went out hunting for shrooms was quite alarming, like imagine Metal Gear Solid at a dairy.

I think I'm content to just wait until fall because I don't think it's worth it hunting right now. I could be wrong though.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Offlinefreezepooter
Rainy DayMushroom Pillow
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Different Mushrooms to Hunt in PNW (WA) and their availability [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4163574 - 05/11/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

there are huge feilds under a major road in a valley. i'm not sure who owns them, they are just flood plains so its not as bad to go there, if you know where i'm talking about.

--------------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Invisiblepurpledropper
 User Gallery
Re: Different Mushrooms to Hunt in PNW (WA) and their availability [Re: freezepooter]
    #4164471 - 05/11/05 11:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have looked in one of those fields you mention two autumns ago to no avail, but no one bothered me

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies