Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWhore
Stranger
Virgin to shrooms, found some Psilocybe stuntzii
    #4153786 - 05/09/05 03:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hi all im here to ask a few questions reguarding mushrooms and such. First of all I've never done mushrooms before, I would consider myself slightly educated on the matter after reading so much on this site and erowid.

So what got my interested was finding some mushrooms growing at a back road in my town while going on a romantic walk with my lover. They are very small and red. I've researched them and decided im pretty sure they are Psilocybe stuntzii. I picked about 20 and took them home recently. Now heres where it gets weird and perhaps slightly cruel.

I have this dog who is getting old and violent. He must be put down. I decided it wouldnt hurt to give him the mushrooms I had found as a test to see if they are poisonous. I wrapped them up in a peice of bread and as I was doing it my father asked to eat a few. He ate pretty much next to nothing. Maybe 7-8 little tiny ones. He said they didnt really do anything and suggested they werent active. BUT I read it takes 20-60 for a trip.

How many would you suggest me taking for a first timer? By the way the dog didn't die and didn't really act all that different but I figure it wouldnt hurt to go picking and try them out once again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Virgin to shrooms, found some Psilocybe stuntzii [Re: Whore]
    #4153828 - 05/09/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

First off, fatal mushroom poisoning is a really nasty way to die - not at all appropriate for a pet. With the deadliest species it averages 7 - 10 days to die. Death is due to liver failure.

You should also realize that your digestive system and that of a dog's are quite different, so some mushrooms that are very poisonous to you will have no effect at all on a dog and vice versa. So testing mushrooms on a dog will not necessarily give you useful results.

If 20 - 60 is a good trip and somebody are 7 - 8 and felt nothing at all then they are pretty certain to not be active. You have very probably misidentified them. You give no information of them other than that they are small and red.

Try giving us a full description and we'll see what you found.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #4153829 - 05/09/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

<<I've researched them and decided im pretty sure they are Psilocybe stuntzii.>>

Pretty sure and absolutely sure are two completely different things in this type of hobby.  Pretty sure can get you killed easily.  And thumbs down to giving your dog / father some unidentified mushrooms.  I can't think of anything nice or constructive to say so i'll just shut up and let the professionals beat you down a little bit.  :thumbdown: :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4153833 - 05/09/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Where do you live I'm pretty sure they arnt even in season for the NWS. Do they bruise blue?

Im pretty sure you dont have stunzi. Befor you even think about eating a mushroom you have to ID not "I think it may be this" this mistake could mean many weeks of sickness.

Damnit everyone is beating me to these post lol.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Edited by Stonerguy (05/09/05 03:19 PM)

OfflineWhore
Stranger
Re: Virgin to shrooms, found some Psilocybe stuntzii [Re: SuperD]
    #4153876 - 05/09/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm 7-10 days to die, wow. My idiocy on this subject is slowly starting to be more apparent. I also didn't think about the obvious different digestive system. Im more and more starting to think I should just buy them from someone I trust eh?

Sadly I don't have a picture. Theres really no excuse to live in this day n' age and not have a camera but im just simply not as well off as others. Anyways they are very small, the size of the tip of you're finger maybe. There a red, brown color. Not wavy, very round. They grow out of the shit with white stems, when I break the cow pie up the middle of the shit is white, and thats were the shrooms are growing off of. There are no spots on the cap just a solid color. theres an average of about 3-4 on each cow pie that I have found.

They just pretty much look exactly like this "http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/safe-pik/images/psilocybe_stuntzii5.jpg"

Well SuperD I understand you're logic and think its very nice of you to be a man and not go off saying a bunch of silly things on a internet message board yelling at me for doing what I did. You see I love this dog very much and I had a little cry before I gave him the bread and talked to him a bit. I was hoping if there was any death it would be a quick one. Although there is also no excuse for poor researching. And about my Father, he pretty much took them himself.

OfflineWhore
Stranger
    #4153888 - 05/09/05 03:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I live in California. Very close to Santa Barbara if you know where that is. Bruise is one of those terms I really don't understand yet. Could you exaplin bruising for me sir?

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4153901 - 05/09/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Kinda like when you get a bruise the color of your skin changes color (well actualy it is the blood). But it is the same thing with mushrooms some of them turn a different color when handled or just agitated in the ground.

And they are out of season for you.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Edited by Stonerguy (05/09/05 03:33 PM)

OfflineWhore
Stranger
Re: Virgin to shrooms, found some Psilocybe stuntzii [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4153912 - 05/09/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well thank you for the help Stonerguy. I guess I'll just have to be like everyone else and spend a little cash to get high.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing
    #4154023 - 05/09/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Whore said:
Hi all im here to ask a few questions reguarding mushrooms and such. First of all I've never done mushrooms before, I would consider myself slightly educated on the matter after reading so much on this site and erowid.

So what got my interested was finding some mushrooms growing at a back road in my town while going on a romantic walk with my lover. They are very small and red. I've researched them and decided im pretty sure they are Psilocybe stuntzii. I picked about 20 and took them home recently. Now heres where it gets weird and perhaps slightly cruel.

I have this dog who is getting old and violent. He must be put down. I decided it wouldnt hurt to give him the mushrooms I had found as a test to see if they are poisonous. I wrapped them up in a peice of bread and as I was doing it my father asked to eat a few. He ate pretty much next to nothing. Maybe 7-8 little tiny ones. He said they didnt really do anything and suggested they werent active. BUT I read it takes 20-60 for a trip.

How many would you suggest me taking for a first timer? By the way the dog didn't die and didn't really act all that different but I figure it wouldnt hurt to go picking and try them out once again.

get the fuck out, karma's gonna seriously make you wanna die for doing something so fucking cruel. regardless of toxicity, you're a dickhead for even wanting to take him down like this.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Virgin to shrooms, found some Psilocybe stuntzii [Re: zSDMF]
    #4154068 - 05/09/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zSDMF said:
get the fuck out, karma's gonna seriously make you wanna die for doing something so fucking cruel. regardless of toxicity, you're a dickhead for even wanting to take him down like this.

If you would read more you would learn that Whore was sad about giving the dog the shrooms and thought it woul be a quick death if they were poisonous. And although this was a stupid thing to do, you shouldnt take such an aggressive attitude towards this person.

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
    #4154075 - 05/09/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zSDMF said:

amen

Edited by day_tripper (05/11/05 02:50 AM)

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Virgin to shrooms, found some Psilocybe stuntzii [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4154153 - 05/09/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lysergic_Milkman said:
Quote:

zSDMF said:

If you would read more you would learn that Whore was sad about giving the dog the shrooms and thought it woul be a quick death if they were poisonous. And although this was a stupid thing to do, you shouldnt take such an aggressive attitude towards this person.

nah man, i still stand by it.. if he wanted to take him down, he could have just had him euthanized really cheap, and you KNOW that's painless. a simple google search would have told him liver failure from mushroom poison would a VERY painful and non-peaceful way to go. i still stand by it man

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #4154196 - 05/09/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Take a few vico's and chill you spastic over-aggressive bastard ^_^

Wh0re, NEVER eat un-identified mushrooms, and absolutely never give them to anyone else. Stuntzii aren't red either. Those mushrooms could have easily been from the galerina family which contains the deadly amatoxins which have killed many people over the years, and recently a few in san fransisco, BE CAREFUL!
Giving those mushroom to your dog to test if they were poisonous, isnt just animal cruelty and illegal, like zSDMF stated before he turned gay and had an orgy with huge black men, it's very bad karma. I hope you stick around the shroomery and study a little more before you decide to try shrooms, or ever hunt for them again. By bruising, they mean when you pinch or squeeze the mushrooms caps or stems (usualy stems have the strongest bruising), they turn a blueish color, kinda like a bruise us humans receive. All in all I hope you learned a lesson, stay safe and study a little more before attempting to eat any un-identified mushrooms. Also I would suggest heading down to your local bookshop and picking up a copy of "Mushrooms Demystified" vy David Arora, hes a dork but this book is my personal mycobible. Good luck in your future hunts, and I hope to see you around more often learning and growing in this community.

SoD

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Virgin to shrooms, found some Psilocybe stuntzii [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4154315 - 05/09/05 05:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:/ i could have worded it nicer, but it just got on my bad side. shit like that eats away at me, i just can't see how you could even dream of putting anything you love through that intentionally

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4154588 - 05/09/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You should somehow get hold of a camera and post some pictures and sporeprint here so that they can be identified. This is important since your dog and your dad MAY have eaten something poisonous.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Virgin to shrooms, found some Psilocybe stuntzii [Re: nycomyco]
    #4154671 - 05/09/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Gentlemen,

Please remember that flaming is not allowed in the mushroom hunting forum.
------------------------------

To the originator of this thread,

You have much to learn about mushrooms. The good news is that deadly Galerinas do not grow in dung, neither do P. stuntziis for that matter. You most likely found Psilocybe coprophila, which is inactive.
http://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species/Psilocybe_coprophila.html

Just to be safe you should save a few specimens for emergency ID purposes in case your dad gets sick. If he experiences nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea withing the next two days take the mushrooms to the emergency room with you.

Welcome to the Shroomery.
:smile:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #4155019 - 05/09/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

First off you said:

Quote:

There a red, brown color. Not wavy, very round. They grow out of the shit with white stems,

P. stuntzii's are not red and the stems are rarely white and most of all, they do not grow out of manure. And the caps do become wavy with age and in young specimens.

They grow in manured lawns and in woodchip mulch.

And what state are you in.

P. stuntzii''s are only known of from Bandon Oregon to Bc. and from the Cascades to the Olympics.

mj

Eating mushrooms without knowning what you are doing is very foolish. And if you picked some and shared them with someone else and they became sick, guess y who gets in trouble.

There are 200 or more P. stuntzii photos int eh Shroomery's ultimate Shroom guide for you to look at.

lawn varieties:
http://www.mushroomjohn.com/lawnpstuntzii1.htm

woodchip varieties:
http://www.mushroomjohn.com/wcpstuntzii1.htm

descriptions:
http://www.mushroomjohn.com/psilocybestuntzii1.htm

mj

mj

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
Re: Virgin to shrooms, found some Psilocybe stuntzii [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4155415 - 05/09/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Whore you dont have to give up hunting mushrooms. But whenever you find one do what I do and post a description and a picture here. The people here are practilly gifted when it comes to id'ing a mushroom.

OfflineWhore
Stranger
Re: Virgin to shrooms, found some Psilocybe stuntzii [Re: mastacheefa]
    #4163864 - 05/11/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey thank you everyone very much. I have decided not to bother with trying to be lucky enough to find them, im just going to end up purchasing if I end up deciding to do them. Me and my girlfriend have decided to maybe do them, we still need to do lots of research and she has a question about her heartbeat. I figured I'd just ask it on this thread instead of making a new one.

When she smokes weed like everyone else her heartbeat starts to race and many times this has really freaked her out. I don't want her to go through anything scary especially tripping on shrooms so if you guys could tell us about any past experiances where you're heartbeat races faster than normal please let me know. Thanks everyone for there help especially mastacheefa, mjshroomer, nycomyco and SoD, and hell even zSDMF.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #4163977 - 05/11/05 09:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i can't find any info on mushrooms particularly right now, but i know with LSA and a few other substances your heartrate can increase.  if you do decide to dose with her, make sure to start out with a low dose..i'd say no more than 2 grams.  if she can handle that, then you can up the dosage when she trips next.  be safe

i've tripped on shrooms around 80-100 times and i never really recalled anything about my heart rate.  of course this is always the last thing on my mind when frying  :grin:

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Edited by SuperD (05/11/05 09:19 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom