Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
Mycobag issue - anyone else experience this?
    #4152760 - 05/09/05 08:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This post is a long time in the making. I have been using mycobags here and there for about 2 years. In my early experiences, they were awesome, acting just like my jars. More recently however, things are different.

About a year ago, they had one of their buy 2 get 1 free sales. I bought 20 and got 10 free. I did up my clean room and inoculated all 30 bags with a brand new syring from TLG ,in the same exact manner, using a lighter on the syringe and alcohol in between each bag, last july.

Out of 30 bags, only 5 colonized. The super nasty sour bags were thrown out, the bags that looked the same were kept, and the colonized ones were used. After the whole summer, in October, I was going through the drawer that I left the inactive bags in, when I noticed several had started to colonize! The 4 bags that now showed germination finished within a week, and worked great!

What's the deal with that? The only guess I have is that the bags were made too wet, and they dried out a little over the summer. But I thought water couldnt pass through the filter patch?

I really really want to get to the bottom of this. When I contacted mycobag about this, I was told they have a 90 something % success rate. Well, it couldnt be my fault because 5 were fine right away, then another 4, four months later. If i did it wrong, wouldnt they all have failed? I've been doing this for several years, and never noticed such varied results with my own syringes and jars, its either viable or not, not half and half, or dormant!

It would be great to figure this out, because I dont have time like I used to for pcing jars and syringes. I WANT to buy mycobags and syringes all the time, but if they dont work, whats the point?

SIDE NOTE - the same syringe that inoculated those mycobags, inoculated my Spores Direct sample jar, and that got wet spot as well.

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnhenry
Minderbinder
Loc: capital-evil empire
Re: Mycobag issue - anyone else experience this? [Re: InjectTruth]
    #4152867 - 05/09/05 09:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

AFOAF had a similar experience, got 4 grain bags, 3 out of 4 colonized one contaminated. Bought another 4 bags, seemed moister, had a foggy look to all four, only one bag made it, took forever to colonize, the other 3 bags he had to toss. All grown in same environment, using same sanitation techniques, same batch of spore syringes, go figure. He emailed mycobag about the foggy bags, they pretty much shrugged him off. Oh well.

Edited by johnhenry (05/09/05 09:58 AM)

OfflineInjectTruth
Male

Re: Mycobag issue - anyone else experience this? [Re: johnhenry]
    #4160922 - 05/11/05 07:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

So no one has anything to say about the fact that out of 30 mycobags inoculated at once in a sterile environment, 5 germinated and colonized immediately, another 4 germinated and colonized months later, and the rest did nothing?

MycoFactory.... Hello? Are you There?

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
    #4161466 - 05/11/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

As in life, there are always variables. Filtered spawn bags work well, if the content is optimal, with optimal inoculate, and incubation conditions.

Some of the variables are, if the sterilized bags were store for any length of time, before inoculation. What can happen is, the bags are stored in a dry rh area, which can cause them to lose a considerable amount of moisture. Thus, they have less than optimal moisture content.

Another variable is the inoculate & amount injected.

I use bags that hold about 5 quarts of grain/wbs spawn. I don?t know what size bag you have, but - no matter - the size. Inoculating 30 (thirty) bags of any size with a single syringe (10 or 12 ml) places only a minuscule amount of inoculate into each bag. This could well be your problem.

Vendor syringes tend to be very clear. With only a tiny bit of inoculate injected into each bag, many probably didn?t receive any spores. Those that did, received far less than optimal. Which can lead to no, little and/or very slow colonization.

I have found, syringes with a very heavy dark spore load work very well, when 2.5 to 5 ml is injected into each bag.

For SUPER FAST spawn bag colonization, I have found that 2.5 to 5 ml of a very healthy thick liquid culture inoculate, beats spore inoculates without question.

All the other variables aside, I surmise the problem was the tiny bit of inoculate, injected into each bag.

--------------------

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Re: Mycobag issue - anyone else experience this? [Re: agar]
    #4164874 - 05/12/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have had this problem in the past with sour contam bags.  Bags seem like they stall for some reason and then bam they work :undecided: 

No idea what to tell you.

OfflineInjectTruth
Male

Re: Mycobag issue - anyone else experience this? [Re: Liquidkick]
    #4165598 - 05/12/05 08:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you agar. That may well have been an issue with some. I didnt mean to imply I only used one syring though.

Also, the bags were not stored at all before use, and if anything, seemed too wet, not too dry.

Thanks again, agar, for trying to help me figure this out.

--------------------

Offlinejohnhenry
Minderbinder
Loc: capital-evil empire
    #4166084 - 05/12/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the last bags afoaf got seemed to wet also, but what do i know  :shocked:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules