Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re-Cased Casing Not doing Well- Help Needed
    #414917 - 10/05/01 02:01 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Greetings,
As I had posted earlier, I had an overgrown casing, that I recased with fresh Verm, - Well, its been 4 days, and the myco is still popping up through the top of the casing, even though I am fanning , misting and exposing to UV light- Im afraid it will over grow again- The tank is humid, but not dripping, & the temps are around 80 - 84 ambient temps-

IS it too late for this casing? In the past my casings pin in 3 days max...this one is barren...

How is it possible to tell if is already overgrown?

Can any one help put my mind at ease?

Thanks, as always for taking the time to read this post.
-OoD

"There is No Safety in War." - Virgil

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Re-Cased Casing Not doing Well- Help Needed [Re: Anonymous]
    #415102 - 10/05/01 05:14 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like your doing the right steps. Have you lowered the temperature yet. Try to get it to the lower 70's. It doesnt sound like the casing layer is over taken yet. Try deep scratching just to be safe. Also give the casing layer a few sprays of sterile water then stop fanning for a few days. You may have dried out the casing layer. Sometimes even with high humidity, the casing layer can become dry.:)bluhoney

information posted is for entertainment purposes only and should not be attempted in real life

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Anonymous

Re: Re-Cased Casing Not doing Well- Help Needed [Re: bluhoney]
    #416077 - 10/06/01 06:39 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Blu-
Well, its gettitng colder here, ambient temps are around 70ish- (50's outside) The myco is getting more apparent, (fluffy)and Its visable in all exposed areas of th casing,

I am keeping the light/air on 24/7 and fanning 2 x a day after a quick light mist with h202- But, it sems to no avail...

I wonder if I could scrape this top layer off as well,...

i'll give it one more day- Its amazing me that that with all the manhandling it got, there are no contams..if anything, this is interesting..
OoD

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix