Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
common dreams
    #414383 - 10/05/01 12:10 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

ok when i was a kid i had this dream where i was at school and everything's cool doing normal stuff but then fuck! i realise i'm completely naked!!! absolutely shit myself with embarassment and try to hide but it's too late....don't know how many times i had this but i don't have it anymore!

also about two years ago i had a dream where i discovered that one of my teeth was a bit wobbly, then with my finger in my mouth i discovered i had about four rows of little baby teeth, and they were all a bit wobbly!!! and then they started falling out oh my god it was horrible!! millions of teeth falling out and my gums bleeding and then it felt like my lips and mouth were all just sort of melting away onto the ground. so when i woke up i told my bro about this and he says "yeah apparently dreams of your teeth falling out are real common"! since then i've had at least a few dreams where i've had some loose teeth or maybe lost a couple (none of the multiple rows of baby teeth though thank god).

another dream i had recently (mentioned this on another thread) was when i went to sleep on my back lying next to this girl, also on her back, then (dreaming now but not aware of it) she sat up suddenly and held me down with one hand on my chest. i was absolutely terrified, my body was like lead my muscles couldn't budge her, that one hand was impossibly heavy. seriously fucking scared. so i woke up to find myself lying on my back next to her still lying on her back - only she was snoring away peacefully. i've heard other people have dreams of being held down...

so....any folks here had these dreams? what about some other varieties of dreams we seem to share, maybe i've had more but don't realise others have them too....

oh yeah there's being chased, falling, being chased and trying to run as fast as you can but being unbelieveably slow...flying, fucking.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: common dreams [Re: Traveller]
    #414445 - 10/05/01 01:54 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

My dreams are usually long and really wierd, and I'm not much of a story teller...

I'm sure a few of us have had the dream where you wake up and your boxers are stuck to your thigh... um, nevermind.

Time is not the killer... we are the killers of time.
mp3.com/spin-smk
mp3.com/smack
mp3.com/smk
mp3.com/suspicion37

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
    #414598 - 10/05/01 06:28 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

The only typical dream I usually hav is faling down, but mostly I'm being run over by a gigantic truck. I then wake up with a (sometimes quite violent) jerk, panting.

My other dreams are usually really wierd. In my last one I was part of a team of little creatures, like ewoks made out of lego or something. We were chasing these plastic snakes underground, and they zipped around us, trying to scare us away.

I'd love to hear what you think that might mean, because my dream-interpretation book has nothing on being a little lego-ewok :)

Walum-Nitul sechu mal torval. Tiischal meddur ankat.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

OfflineWarped_Ventricle
journeyman
    #414601 - 10/05/01 06:32 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

lol. I just read the title of the post and thought I would reply with the same story about going to school naked or in my underwear.

Anonymous

Re: common dreams [Re: Timeleech]
    #414755 - 10/05/01 10:56 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

It's good to get input from other people as to what they think your dreams mean...but the best input you can get is from yourself. But input from other people helps, as it gives you another viewpoint which you could have completely failed to see.
But like I said...you will find the most meaning from your dreams in yourself. You know what they really mean.

Anonymous

#414762 - 10/05/01 11:04 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

>>The only typical dream I usually hav is faling down, but mostly I'm being run over by a gigantic truck. I then wake up with a (sometimes quite violent) jerk, panting.

Dreams of dying are quite common. Although I cannot say for sure in your case, dreams of death are often remembrance of past-life experiences. Especially if they are recurring. This may or may not be the case for you.

>>My other dreams are usually really wierd. In my last one I was part of a team of little creatures, like ewoks made out of lego or something. We were chasing these plastic snakes underground, and they zipped around us, trying to scare us away.

Awesome! lego ewoks chasing plastic snakes! So in your mind...where do ewoks stand? snakes? This could mean you are part of a group that chases away an intimidating enemy

Offlinedimethoxy
Stranger
Loc: uk
    #414797 - 10/05/01 11:50 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I used to have loadsa dreams about my teeth falling out! I woke up the next morning and make a promise to brush my teeth alot more, the dreams have stopped since then. Anyone had dreams about being in space??

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for someone you are not.

--------------------
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for someone you are not.

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Re: common dreams [Re: ]
    #414806 - 10/05/01 12:01 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

The trucks don't kill me, it's like a falling dream, just before they hit me I wake up.

I wasn't really an ewok, but it's the closest thing I can come up with. Newer liked star wars, maybe that's a clue, I love lego though...
i usually have a fairly good idea of what my dreams mean. The snakes were quite intimidating, so I think it could be that I feel intimidated by an "evil force" rather than chasing it.
I don't have anything against snakes. Although I am aware of the reptilian part of our brain that gives us our territorial instincts for example.
So it might be an image of an internal struggle. Perhaps a warning that I have been to "self-service" minded lately.

Although I am able to relate my dreams to my personal life and thus do a fair bit of interpretation I like to find out about what the various archetypes in my dreams mean, so i wonder,
do you know of any good sites of such nature?

--------------------
--
theophagy.org

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #415080 - 10/05/01 04:48 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Freud and Jung still represent the most comprehensive approached to depth psychology. Dreams of nakedness and vulnerability can be explained differentl - a Jungian symbolism speaks to the lack of a 'persona' - a mask that we present to the world which is necessary in our everyday dealings. Being 'naked' is being transparent - allowing others to see who we really are with all of our faults and weaknesses - no cool or macho or rebellious mask to protect our true selves. Freudian analysis speaks to the exposure in shame of our genitalia. Adler, by the way, who was a contemporary of the other two would speak of 'organ inferiority' complexes (for most males). Freud insisted that loss-of-teeth dreams are a veiled castration fear. He pointed to the ritual in a certain African tribe that knocks a tooth out of a boy for a puberty rite which symbolically transfers castration anxiety to loss of tooth, and afterwards the anxiety leaves. Flying dreams are symbols for orgasm for Freud, and symbolic of transcendence for Jung. Generally speaking, falling dreams as well as running painfully slow from some unknown terror are both anxiety dreams. A crushing pressure on one's chest is the original meaning of the word 'nightmare.' A night mare is as a female horse - a mare - who sits on one's chest squeezing one's very breath out. Female demons who make nocturnal visits are called 'succubi,' male demons are 'incubi' (succubus and incubus in the singular).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #415228 - 10/05/01 09:08 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not asking about meanings as yet - although i'm certainly interested in peoples interpretations. for now i'm trying to find out about the dreams we all seem to share, obviously we're not all dreaming about being little ewoks made out of lego, but a surprising number of us dreamt about going to school naked at some time or other. so let's get some sort of list happening of the dreams we have in common, and then we can start to think about WHY.

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: common dreams [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #415234 - 10/05/01 09:17 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

thanks!

man i have to say Freud was a fuckin obsessive dickhead. hey i didn't even intend that little pun, ya see? dickhead...heh heh....ok but sure he was right on the ball in some cases but flying dreams representing orgasm?! please what a load of pure sweet bullshit.

i have a problem with this basic idea that ALL dreams have to be symbolic of something. some of them sure - the naked dream i think is obviously symbolic, and running painfully slowly while being chased is probably a dream we've shared with every other mammal on the planet for millenia, well ok maybe not blue whales but you see what i'm getting at here...but that thing about the night mare is interesting, i'd never made the connection there. why a horse though?

Anonymous

#415252 - 10/05/01 09:47 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I do know that flying dreams and such take place in the light side of the 5th dimension.
And likewise, nightmares occur on the dark side of the 5th. Where entities who feed off of fear and negative emotions live

OfflineBeatnik
addict
Loc: Australia
    #415540 - 10/06/01 04:22 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Most of my dreams involve, me staying/standing/hiding in darkness but have to cross a path of light. Within the light are people who look normal, etc but when you get close, they get violent/sly/mean. Forcing you into the next shadow in order to pass them. The shadows could be anything, even their shadow. As far as interpretation i wouldnt have a clue. Though i have heard that the falling dream is a saftey mechanism from when apes were starting to stay on the ground. They did wish to because thats where all the predators were at night, so they climbed up into the trees to sleep. But the dream evolved to keep them in a light sleep so they wouldnt fall down and be injured easy prey for predators.

Support the FSR

I toss, there for i am.

--------------------
Support the FSR

I toss, there for i am.

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Re: common dreams [Re: Beatnik]
    #415710 - 10/06/01 10:56 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Flying is supposed to be a quite common drea, but I have it very seldom, and when I do it's usually just really high and long jumping. (except once when I flew on a broomstick :)
Now I'd be interested in knowing why, I have always been a bit different, could there be som kind of connection?

And what kind of perspective do you mostly dream in? 1st person? I sometimes dream in 3rd person, and see myself from above, is that normal?

--------------------
--
theophagy.org

Invisiblesommer1331
confused
Loc: Des Moines,IA,USA
    #416046 - 10/06/01 06:03 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Speaking of dreams, I had a really strange one last night. I was walking and I lost my shoe. I looked back and my shoe was on the ground behind me. The only problem was that my foot was still in the shoe. I looked down and I still had most of my foot. It turned out that part of my foot had fallen off. It was pretty strange, my foot didn't really hurt. The guy that I was walking with picked up the part of my foot that I had lost and wrapped it up and just acted like it was no big deal. We kept walking. I don't really remember the rest of the dream. Can anyone relate to that one?

Anonymous

Re: common dreams [Re: sommer1331]
    #416051 - 10/06/01 06:08 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe your subconcious is telling you not to tie your shoes so tight...

mp3.com/spin-smk
mp3.com/smack
mp3.com/smk
mp3.com/suspicion37

Anonymous

#416054 - 10/06/01 06:10 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

My flights are the same way... one big jump. It is an awesome feeling.

mp3.com/spin-smk
mp3.com/smack
mp3.com/smk
mp3.com/suspicion37

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #416060 - 10/06/01 06:19 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

For some reason, I don't ever have any of those common dreams like being naked in public or having teeth fall out.

--------------------
Namaste

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Re: common dreams [Re: RedNucleus]
    #416553 - 10/07/01 05:59 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Me neither, I have never lost any teeth, and never been naked in public (except one dream in a pissoir when I got intimate with a girl, but that's another story..)

--------------------
--
theophagy.org

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #416696 - 10/07/01 08:36 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yep me too, i can't remember ever flying but i get the huge long jumping/floating thing fairly often.

"Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship"

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate