Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSporecloud
fanatic

Mantis like entity
    #412345 - 10/03/01 10:23 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hey has anyone ever encounterd a mantis like entity while tripping ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: Mantis like entity [Re: Sporecloud]
    #412730 - 10/03/01 05:40 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I haven't, but I've read in a few trip reports and maybe a couple other types of sources of people encountering mantis-like entities in trips, dreams, etc.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Anonymous

Re: Mantis like entity [Re: KeepAskingTime]
    #412964 - 10/03/01 08:44 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, they are all service-to-other

OfflineRichard_D_James
enthusiast
    #413079 - 10/03/01 10:48 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I've had strange experiences with mantid type beings on higher doses. Is this a common occurence? What significance does it play? Please clue me in.

The christians would tell me its satan's minions
The gov't would tell me its drugs frying my brain

but they just say that because they've never encountered mantids.

Anonymous

Re: Mantis like entity [Re: Richard_D_James]
    #413100 - 10/03/01 11:24 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I know very little about the mantis like beings...except that they are partly mammal, they are all service-to-other (caring for other's needs) and reside in a higher dimension (5th of higher)

OfflineRichard_D_James
enthusiast
    #413112 - 10/03/01 11:42 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

maybe we all become mantids when we die?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #413352 - 10/04/01 05:51 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Why do think we have the colloquial expression pertaining to common forms of madness: "bugging out?" Delirium Tremens (DTs) frequently manifests as hallucinatory insects and small furtive creatures like rodents and snakes. So does cocaine psychosis produce 'coke bugs,' the formal term being 'formication' (same root as in formic acid - ant venom). One needs to regard visions as one regards dream material. The Praying Mantis carries associations with prayer because of the uplifted position of its grasping appendages. I noticed the term 'praying' was missing from your description. They are voracious eaters, and it is well known that during sex, the female often seizes and bites the head off of the male. He might continue to thrust away in reflex action, but decapitation is also a symbol for emasculation. Another obvious association is the very size of a Praying Mantis. Although Africa and South Ameica might be home to gargantuan insects, this is about as large as they get in the US. Their very size seems to imply 'presence,' and therefore an overlay of unconsciously assumed intelligence. Intelligent insect life has been the theme of countless science fiction stories since 'The Fly' in the 1950's, and indicates this fascination/horror. Insect life (i.e., Aliens and sequals) are always depicted as evil, mechanical, voracious (note the Borg on Voyager - a hive mentality), and the enemy of mammalian humankind. The Borg are a mammalian-cyborg hybrid with a hive mentality. Leave it to sci-fi creators to manifest certain hellish archetypal themes. It is really quite anomalous to imagine a benevolent insect (sub-human, compassionless) creature. This in itelf is a symbol in which threatening, impersonal forces of nature are imbued with benevolence and compassion. Praying Mantis' are not really praying, but the aforementioned symbol is implied by the name.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
Re: Mantis like entity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #413471 - 10/04/01 08:55 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Markos, you have read wayyyyy too many clever books. All of what you said has _no_ significance because it comes from a person who wasn't singing in a full moon next to a flowering lilac bush while a huge green glowing mantis-like teacher is teaching you martial arts, love, the meaning of strength and weakness, the use of objects, all simple things....

I was looking for reference to that creature ever since, but I thought it was a locus, or a cicada or something (I really don't know english names for most insects) and I sorta gave up, but now all of this just sort of clicked and I looked up pictures of mantises on the internet and oh-yessssss it's definitely HIM, one I called sensei in my head, an absolute marvel...

Does anyone know if I go to the same place again, am I likely to meet HIM again?

Dream material.... Of course.... Shroom material.... Everything is dream material.

Gosh, I am so excited....

----
You punish God, not the other way around.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Mantis like entity [Re: gribochek]
    #413595 - 10/04/01 11:03 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"way too many clever books"
ahhhhh hehhehheh..........
maybe our gnostic friend hasn't recently been under the full moon being instructed by some insectoid entity... but one might suspect that at some time during the last 4 decades or so, such an encounted might indeed have occurred...
and there are quite a few reports of "meeting" these mantis-folk while cruising through various hyperspatial subsectors...
or hearing their "speech"... or sometimes bees, or other insectoids...
(in an exceptionally groovy comic book called _the midnight son_ , the entity met by seeker phaedron during the deep interior journey was "worm" --- the commonest thing of all...)
~~~
too many books --- you slay me... heh...

old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 on 10/04/01 02:17 PM.

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
Re: Mantis like entity [Re: gnrm23]
    #413611 - 10/04/01 11:27 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

4 decades. My, in that time one can read enough to forget one's own name, not to mention some elusive entity....

No offense to Markos, though, I respect him very much.

That reminds me, by the way, Markos. How did your journey to Africa go? Did you read all of those books you were gonna take with you? :P

----

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Mantis like entity [Re: gnrm23]
    #414175 - 10/04/01 08:47 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks buddy. We old guys haveta watch each other's backs! I have had the 'bees' experience. Did you ever get to see the film 'El Topo?' That experience was depicted in it. There are paleolithic references to bee creatures whose bodies sprout mushrooms, and who grasp clusters of mushrooms. ( "...and the bees made honey, in the lion's head...")

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#414194 - 10/04/01 09:09 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, I spent time reading about two thirds of John Powers' 'Introduction to Tibetan Buddhism" and a third of Stan Grof's 'LSD Psychotherapy.' I also read a little book printed in Thailand on Theravadin meditation techniques that I had since about 1981 from a Thai friend's monk friend. And, I brought along 'The Divine Names and the Mystical Theology' of Dionysus the Areopagite, in case I was to do theological battle with my Christian mother-in-law against her Muslim husband. Sound pedantic and pedagogical, I know, but I didn't really read much off the planes (and I flew around Nigeria quite a bit). We got sick of course and wouldn't really want to ever see the city of Lagos again. Eastern Africa is the place to be - wildlife preserves - not urban eco-hell. Mad Max meets Hieronymous Bosch. Visited Yorubaland, the origin of Yoruba religion and its exiled forms: Voodoo and Santeria. Took stones from Oshun's river for Santero friend. Stone's from Obatalla's shrine too. Ate great food, drank great beer - Gulders - sorgham hops leaves no hangover. Stayed in a 20,000 square foot home with cooks and drivers and Mercedes, which was great as long as you didn't leave the razor-wired 10 foot walled perimeter, or be swarmed by droves of legless amputees (go figure) flopping around in heavy traffic; leprosy survivors waving their digitless hands in your face; children sent by their parents to beg - some of whom have been begging for 20+ years in the same place and who build houses on their income. Stories of home invasions where the corrupt military cops lend their machine guns to robbers for a piece of the action. People close to the family who have been invaded and murdered. I kissed my driveway when I returned. God Bless America.

--------------------

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #414368 - 10/04/01 11:47 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

the huge glowing mantis taught you martial arts?? this was a dream or a mushroom vision?

please introduce me...

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
Re: Mantis like entity [Re: Traveller]
    #414632 - 10/05/01 07:55 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

There is no point in sharing that experience. Words can not begin to convey it, nor do I remember it very vividly (it was about 2 years ago).

Martial arts (Chi-gong-like gimnatics, to be exact)_is_, in fact, a constant theme of my trips, with or without entity presence. But that time the "knowledge" of postures, breathing and "seeing" seemed to come from something that was visually represented by an emerald glowing mantis, whom I could see behind closed eyelids.

----

Anonymous

#414753 - 10/05/01 10:53 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Very nice.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #415576 - 10/06/01 06:33 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting that you bring up the point, I also se insect type beings (I thought it was just me) I don't know what they are but my take on it was that the shrooms open my perceptions to the organic energy world and that some how I taped into the insect "collective" some how but is just a thought.
When it comes to analyzing trips reason is not a good tool. : )
But I will tell you I have seen and felt the mushroom entity once.

"We have infinite possibilities of existence"

--------------------

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
    #2209124 - 12/30/03 02:33 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Absolutely, where else would I have gotten this snazzy avatar? LSD-influenced visuals converted to a snazzy (poorly drawn) photoshop job  :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom