Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Hallucinogens and SSRIs
    #4107710 - 04/28/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I take Prozac daily and have for many years. Because it is an SSRI, it makes it seem like I have a slight tolerance to mushrooms, even on my first trip, am I correct? Anyways, I was wondering if you knew if there were any other hallucinogens for which I would have to up my dose due to the Prozac: DMT, LSD, mescaline, et cetera.
Also, I am 130 pounds, so for my first time with mushrooms, does anyone have a dose that they could reccomend that I take. Only reccomend if you have taken shrooms on an SSRI for your first time and could maybe help figure out how much I would need to eat.
Not taking the Prozac for two weeks is simply not an option. In times when my Prozac has ran out, and I did not go to the pharmacy and pick up more for several DAYS, I had become far more easily aggravated, irritable, depressed and more. I can not stop taking this stuff just for a shroom trip, it simply is not worth it to me.

Does anyone have any answers to any of my questions? Thankyou for your time.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Hallucinogens and SSRIs [Re: whatever123]
    #4107764 - 04/28/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Loc: North Florida
    #4107775 - 04/28/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I was on Prozac for a couple months and whenever I drank liquor, nothing would happen... at all. I remember drinking 2 pints of whiskey and getting pissed because I seemed to feel even more sober. I also observed that Prozac greatly reduced the effects of hydrocodone.

I didn't try taking any hallucinagens while on it but this link: http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=2768 might be of interest to you.

I would strongly advise you to avoid using DXM while on any antidepressants. I made this mistake while on Effexor and felt like a zombie for a good 4 days. Not fun. It also caused violent vomitting 1 hour ofter ingestion.

--------------------

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

Re: Hallucinogens and SSRIs [Re: gdman]
    #4107791 - 04/28/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Goddamnit, well at least my lowered response is with acid, not shrooms. Lord knows I will probably never get my hands on acid. But how do I know what psychadelics were tested? I mean, am I to suspect that they tested all known psychedelics?
Because I am getting DMT and I want to know how badly this will screw over my trip. Does anyone have personal experience?

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

#4107803 - 04/28/05 04:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, I was going to do DXM a while back in high school, but even bak then I was smart: I did research on everything that went in my body. As if all the damage and possible complications that DXM could cause were nor enough, I completely voided the idea forever when I realized that it could hurt me due to the Prozac.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

#4107812 - 04/28/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Check out this link:

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/pinealstory2.htm

"Under the influence of an SSRI-AntiDepressant, serotonin levels in the Pineal Gland could increase to excessive, possibly even toxic amounts. Although I had to revise my previous hypothesis regarding increased melatonin levels in the eyes (melatonin levels didn't increase under the influence of an SSRI-AntiDepressant), this time I found more support for the hypothesis that certain serotonin derivatives, like the psychoactive tryptamines DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and Bufotenine, could very well increase on account of an SSRI-AntiDepressant."

--------------------

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Re: Hallucinogens and SSRIs [Re: UncleLuke]
    #4107818 - 04/28/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Even better, this link:

http://www.crew2000.co.uk/drugs%20A-Z/DrugsInfo-DMT.htm

"The effects of taking DMT are greatly increased by users who are also taking some prescription anti-depressants."

--------------------

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

#4107821 - 04/28/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Wait....Does that mean my experience will be more powerful or just dangerous?

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4107865 - 04/28/05 05:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I was on prozac and tried LSD and the only effects I got was the feeling of pre-trip anxiety....

some will say that because your on an SSRI in the first place maybe you should stay away from those types of drugs.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Re: Hallucinogens and SSRIs [Re: barfightlard]
    #4107911 - 04/28/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, antidepressants will increase the effect of DMT. I'm not too sure about how dangerous it is though. Start with a very low dose and slowly work your way up, and you should be fine.

--------------------

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

#4108176 - 04/28/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sweet, more bang for my buck:)

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

Invisiblebudsicle
s?igh?tsee?r

#4108232 - 04/28/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

dunno about chemichal interactions but i dont think its a good idea to start playing around with psychedelics if you have to eat anti-depressant / mood stabilizer in the first place

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Hallucinogens and SSRIs [Re: budsicle]
    #4108294 - 04/28/05 06:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Agreed, whatever: you might want to think about why you need to take those drugs (Prozac) and whether or not you want to take psychedelics, and why. Psychedelics are pretty safe, but if you have underlying mental conditions, psychedelics can aggravate them. Be careful and tread lightly.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4112842 - 04/29/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

UncleLuke said:
Yes, antidepressants will increase the effect of DMT.

MAOi's will, but SSRi's have the opposite effect.

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

Re: Hallucinogens and SSRIs [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4113081 - 04/29/05 11:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, come on, I thought that was just for LSD!!!! This is bullshit!

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

OfflineJB201
Desert Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonoran Desert
    #4115952 - 04/30/05 06:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

SSRI's are constantly pissing me off, they really limit the effects of opiates. Also these hateful pills are fucking impossible to get off of. I get brain zaps,dizziness,coke mouth numbness, and the list goes on. All from Effexor withdrawl, but damnit I wan't my opiates to work better!

--------------------

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Re: Hallucinogens and SSRIs [Re: JB201]
    #4117113 - 05/01/05 12:09 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The only reason I don't take antidepressants is because they greatly change the effects of my recreational drugs that I enjoy using so much. That and I hate the brain zaps you get when trying to get off the damn things.

I HATE BRAIN ZAPS MORE THAN ANYTHING! Every time your eyes look at a different object, or when you blink, or turn around, it feels like an electric shock being sent through your head then down your fingertips.

Anyone know exactly what causes this sensation? Sudden lack of serotonin perhaps?

--------------------

Edited by UncleLuke (05/01/05 12:15 AM)

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

#4117263 - 05/01/05 01:13 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I am going to work with my doctor to being weened off of Prozac. The problem you all face is idiocy. YOU CAN'T JUST QUIT TAKING ANTI-DEPRESSENTS!!!!!!! It is dangerous, and psychologically unhealthy. You should stop taking them under a doctor's supervision, gradually decreasing the dose. i can't wait to quit, so many drugs will no longer kill me if I use them :smile:

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Hallucinogens and SSRIs [Re: JB201]
    #4118503 - 05/01/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JB201 said:
SSRI's are constantly pissing me off, they really limit the effects of opiates. Also these hateful pills are fucking impossible to get off of. I get brain zaps,dizziness,coke mouth numbness, and the list goes on. All from Effexor withdrawl, but damnit I wan't my opiates to work better!

Actually, effexor is an SNRI. I was recently put on effexor, anyone know how SNRIs effect psychedelics?

--------------------

OfflineJB201
Desert Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonoran Desert
Re: Hallucinogens and SSRIs [Re: jux]
    #4120112 - 05/01/05 06:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah it it's a nor-epinephrine reuptake inhibitor as well as a seratonin reuptake inhibitor. Don't know what causes the brain zaps, but they are quite unpleasant. I have reduced to the lowest dose possible, but I'm not gonna take the time to count out the little time release pellets. lol

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder